I have a sister like you! Bless you Dear!
Look for Sharonma on this site - she has drain pouches for your sister - send a PM with your address.
My husband took care of me , here are some things that really helped me...
1. Mirrors in the bathroom were covered until I was ready to see...
2. Keep a medication log
3. Keep a drain volumne log
4. I got pain meds just before showering, before bed and getting out of bed
5. I slept alone with pillows all around me for 1 month
6. We tied a ribbon around my waist to shower - for the drains
7. My husband washed me in the shower
8. If she has long hair, braid it.
9. I took Arnica Montanna per my plastic surgeon's orders, helped with tissue healing
10. Go to appointments with her and write everything down, no one remembers later
11. Multiple resting places.
12. Cut up the meat
14. Flushable wipes!
15. Keep a journal of who calls, drops by, sends a card, etc
16 Start a Caring Bridge Journal for her, keeps family and friends informed... CaringBridge.org
17. Millions and Millions of kisses!
Hope that this helps you help your sweet sister.
Love Anna Rae
<message edited by Anna Rae on Friday, October 28, 2011 9:06 AM>