Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Triple Negative-How are you doing?
Change Page: << < ..111112113114115116117118119120.. > | Showing page 112 of 135, messages 1111 to 1120 of 1341
Scooter123

• Total Posts : 293
  • Reward points : 2835
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, May 17, 2010 10:34 PM
Hi Sadie...I did have a good weekend, nice and quiet...also very wet.  Feeling well, thanks for asking. 

I hope your mammo and MRI go well...keep us posted.  I'm waiting for results for some routine blood tests, no reason to believe anythings amiss, but the BP still goes up a few notches until the results are in.

If you want to go without socks you should be in the SC part of the country.  We've had our AC on since the last week of March and have had a couple of 90 degree days so far, not to mention the humidity.  I'm afraid we might in for a long, hot, humid summer.   UGH!!!

Stay well...
Anna

<message edited by Scooter123 on Monday, May 17, 2010 10:36 PM>
Dx 8/2008,  IDC,  3.6 cm,  Grade 3,
0/8 nodes,  Stage II,  ER-PR-HER2-, 
Epirubicin/Cytoxan X  4,  Taxotere X 3

Patti Schimpf

• Total Posts : 235
  • Reward points : 2505
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, May 18, 2010 10:22 AM
Ladies,

It's kind of sad when my husband has to take me out of town just to get a day off! But I'm enjoying catching up with you all. I even laughed when reading the conversation of when the "5 year countdown" begins. It's something I've gone back and forth.

In the beginning I think I wanted (needed) the sympathy (support) and was glad to be associated with the "less than one year" group. But after I passed the 2 year mark, and started feeling like the weight of the world was off my shoulders because I had "made it", my oncologist said to me, "did I say 2 years...I think I said 3 years". That was enough to make me keep exercising and eating right for the next year!

While mentally, I know that the 5-year mark is a better milestone, you don't know how excited I am every day to be one day closer to that mark (even though I still have a year and a half to go!) With each doctor's visit and mammogram (which I just cleared another one last week!) I'm always mindful of where I've been and how much more I still have (want) to do! You ladies that have reached that 5 year milestone are my inspiration! I love you all!

Patti
Diagnosed Oct. 2006
Lumpectomy Nov. 20, 2006
Triple Negative
Chemo Started Dec. 2006 - Finished March 2007
Radiation Started April 2007
Got early Radiation release May 29, 2007 - DONE!!!!!

carepage: PrayersforPatti
Big D, Texas
Gail Srebnik

• Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:55 PM
Fabulous triples! I hope this finds you all doing well. I wanted to share that i am doing fine. Finally, my cholesterol is down and I am now high normal!!!!! In addition I have been working with an energy healer and feel like my life has changed and I am out from under the CLL. I actually have gotten rid of my anxiety around it and it feels wonderful. Blessings,Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade
karey

• Total Posts : 557
  • Reward points : 11690
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, May 20, 2010 12:00 AM
It was good to read through some of these messages see people talking about four years, six years and even more years post treatment.  HOORAY!!!!!!!

I needed to see that tonight for in a few weeks I will be marking two years out of chemo and will be having a mammogram on June 11th.

I hadn't thought about it much as I've been focusing more on that ruptured brain aneurysm I had in December but as June draws near, I am finding that I am getting that old familiar anxiety again.

This Saturday, I am going to the college graduation of my son who is my only child. He finished last January but decided he was going to go to commencement. The following Saturday, I will be at his wedding. Five months ago, when I was in ICU, he wondered if I would be here. It is five months later and I am still here and doing well.
So congratulations to all of us for we are SURVIVORS!
Kathy
Diagnosed at age 47
DX: 12/13/07 IDC Stage IIa Grade 3 3.5 cm TN
Lumpectomy 1/30/08 SNB neg
Chemo-2/29/08: 4 A/C 4 Taxol-Done 6/6/08! NED!
33 Rads 7/7/08-8/20/08 Done!
12/10/09 Now Ruptured Brain Aneurysm Survivor!
Sadie Rose

• Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, May 21, 2010 12:15 AM
Hi Karey/Kathy,

The two year mark is huge!!!!  Everyday I am thankful for all I get to enjoy.  In the last six years, I saw my son get married and my daughter had twin baby girls.   I've been through some other medical issues, but I am spirit is good.

I do remember the emotional impact of follow up screening tests.  I walked into the building where I had my MRIs and PET scans and I felt a deep sadness even though I had been calm about the tests.  The body has memory, but it gets easier as each milestone gets passed.

I am having a bone scan and a mammo tomorrow.  Then I will have an MRI next week.  Just another chore to get through, but I am glad my doctor follows me so closely.

Hope you and everyone reading have a good weekend.  We're having thunderstorms!

Warmly,
Sadie
gcpommom

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, May 24, 2010 12:48 AM
Hello!  My name is Judy, and I was diagnosed with Metaplastic TN bc in 12/2008.  I am now almost 18 months out from dx, and will be one year out of chemo in 1 1/2 weeks!

My onc does not do scans, so lately I have been freaking out a bit....I admit, I started reading stats again, not a great idea.  Anyway, I have had scans for other reasons (blood clot, breathing problems), and scans of lungs have been good.  Had a brain scan due to headaches/dizziness last year, that was good also.
I've read a few pages of your posts here, and you all are so nice, I thought I'd stop in and say hi.
Dx: 12/2008 Metaplastic Breast Cancer, TN, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes.  Bilat Mast 1/2009, AC 3 dose dense, Taxol 9 weekly tx's. 
3/2004:  DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3.  Lumpectomy, 33 rads.
Sadie Rose

Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, May 24, 2010 9:28 AM
Hi Judy,

Glad you stopped by to say hello.  Everyone here will welcome you.  My doctor does different scans about every 6 months.  I don't know your situation, but it might be worth asking your doctor to do some scans just to give you peace of mind.  If he refuses, you may want to explore anothr opinion.  My doctor believes if my cancer should return, we want to catch it as early as possible.  She said it gives her more options for treatment.
Mainly, my advice is to just keep asking questions.
Hopr you have a good week.
Warmly,
Sadie
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, May 25, 2010 10:09 PM
Hi everyone. Welcome, Judy. Your fears are normal, but it does get easier with time. When I was diagnosed in 1986, they only follow-up they did was a yearly bone scan and chest x-ray, but that was just for the first few years. After that, my doctor, like yours, tested only if I had a complaint. It's so hard when you have an ache or pain or some other symptom. If you hadn't had cancer, then you probably wouldn't think twice about it, but with our history, it's natural that we worry. The worry lessens with each "anniversary." I'm glad you stopped by, and I hope we'll hear from you again. Take care. Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
gcpommom

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, May 26, 2010 10:56 PM
Thank you Sadie and Rena! 
The one thing I haven't had is a bone scan.  My lungs have been scanned many times, and the CT machine scanned down to my knees looking for clots, so I assume the liver showed in the scan as well.  So I accept that as a bc scan.  Had brain scan last year when I hit my head.  So I feel comfortable for now.

I trust my onc, he is one of the best out at the University of Michigan cancer center.  So I really don't want to switch doctors. If I really, really wanted scans, they'd do it.  I will request some scans within the next few months.

I guess I just get worried sometimes when I read stuff online.  I have been a member at bc.org since 2004, but tend to post only in certain threads, and not read too much statistical stuff. 

Nice to meet you both!
Judy

Dx: 12/2008 Metaplastic Breast Cancer, TN, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes.  Bilat Mast 1/2009, AC 3 dose dense, Taxol 9 weekly tx's. 
3/2004:  DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3.  Lumpectomy, 33 rads.
Sadie Rose

Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, May 30, 2010 9:58 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing.  I had a busy week.  I had three medical appointments.  I had an MRI, saw a urologist and my gyn.  There was one concern.  They found blood cell in miy urine and that can be a red flag for bladder or kidney cancer.  It can also just be from taking certain medications or just happen for no reason.  I don't feel very worried, but it will be nice to have the test they would like to do to rule it out.

I'm having a pleasant morning.  It feels more relaxed because I have Monday off too.  Hope you all get to have a peaceful day.

Warmly,
Sadie
Change Page: << < ..111112113114115116117118119120.. > | Showing page 112 of 135, messages 1111 to 1120 of 1341

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll