Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Triple Negative-How are you doing?
Change Page: << < ..111112113114115116117118119120.. > | Showing page 115 of 135, messages 1141 to 1150 of 1341
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:05 PM
Jojo! Your news, both about your health and about all the happy family events, is wonderful to hear! Woohoo! I'm doing well, thanks. No major news--just working and hanging out and wearing sweatshirts and trying to ignore the fog. My daughter lamented the other day that "all her friends" are getting married. Um, two of them, to be exact. But I guess when you're between boyfriends, it feels as though you're the only one not getting married. Her time will come. I hope the rest of your summer is filled with fun, happiness and continued good health. Love, Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Sadie Rose

• Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, June 26, 2010 11:41 PM
  Hi Everybody,

Hope your week went well.  We had a beautiful day in the NW.  I started working with a trainer last week.  I am focusing on getting strong, firm (lol) and take some weight off.   I hope I stick with it.  It is a good time of year to get going. 

How are you all doing?

Warmly,
Sadie

[link=http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb098_ZSYYYYYYYYUS&utm_id=7926][/link]
Gail Srebnik

• Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 30, 2010 12:47 PM
Hi there fabulous triples! Sadie I'll answer your question below but just wanted to say to everyone that June was a very busy month and once I got home to Colorado I found that I had no internet connection at my house so I only can get online when I go to town at the library and I have a lot of school stuff to deal with online, etc. etc. Anyways, I am doing fine and we leave here on July 13 for SF first and then to eugene for a few weeks. I'd love to see some of you so email me with some contact info, etc. Now for the low down:
I was diagnosed almost 4 years ago (8/11) and had a lumpectomy on August 22. I was in a clinical trial and had AC with Avastin abnd then taxol with Avastin; followed by 33 rads. I had no node involvement and have been cancer free (from BC) since. I did get diagnosed with CLL 2 years ago and I am working to beat it!
Regards and blessings to all, Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade
Nuzzys Nana

• Total Posts : 4498
  • Reward points : 10085
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:00 PM
Gail,

I'm glad you will be on the road again this year and in the NW. I'm still where I have been and hope we can meet up. Just give me a "heads up".
Lumpectomy 4/14/05 at age 69
Stage 1, 2cm, Node Negative
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
BRCA2 positive (It's always something!)
No Family History
Sadie Rose

Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 30, 2010 9:50 PM
   Hi Gail, Nuzzy's Nana, Rena and All,

Wouldn't it great if everyone checked in!!!  I'd love to know who is reading and how you all are.                     

Warmly,               
Sadie

[link=http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZSYYYYYYYYUS&utm_id=7920][/link]
Lisa11388

• Total Posts : 425
  • Reward points : 5135
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, July 03, 2010 7:54 PM
Hello all!
As Sadie requested, i'm checking in!
 I am approaching 5 years since diagnosis.
 I did pay a visit to my onc last week for some swelling in my armpit area. He poked around but didnt feel anything unusual.  He said if it is still bothering me in a couple weeks, we will do a scan.  I had a lat flap, so my armpit has always had a fullness to it.  I have never had lymphedema, but wonder if it could be that.
Hope everyone is doing well, and enjoying the holiday weekend.
Lisa Long
Central Illinois
dx 8-29-05 age 43
mast & lat flap 9-30-05
triple neg brca neg
4.5 cm node neg
6 a/c followed by 5 taxol 10/05-3/06
28 rads 5/06-6/06
Currently NED
LRM216

• Total Posts : 59
  • Reward points : 1020
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, July 05, 2010 11:55 AM
Linda checking in here. 

Haven't been on in a while, but as far as I know, am doing well.  Occasional pain here and there, lower back if I stand to long or sit at the computer too long at work and home, but it goes away in a couple of hours, but still scares the living heck out of me.  Was one year out from diagnose February 23, 2010 and still living with some side effects (mainly neuropathy in toes and a lot of tooth damage from the chemo), but working on all of it.  Not yet far enough out to have longer periods of confidence regarding this beast, but it has gotten a little easier.  Don't know that I will ever achieve a day without worrying about it, but I am going on the best I can.  Guess that's basically true for all of us - comes with the diagnose and the fear it instills.

Glad to hear everyone appears to be doing well.  I pray for us all.

Linda
...and miles to go before I sleep. 

Linda - diagnosed 2/23/09, age 62, IDC 1.2 cm, stage 1, grade III, 0/1 nodes, ER-PR- 2her-, Lumpectomy 3/25/09, reexcision 4/8/09 for clean margins.
4 DD A/C and 1 DD Taxol, switched to 3 DD Taxotere, rads x 33.
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, July 05, 2010 1:15 PM
Hi everyone. It's good to hear that you're all getting along and doing well. Linda, you'll get to the point of having days that are free of cancer thoughts. It just takes a little more time. Lisa, I had a swollen area under my arm, too. I had an ultrasound last week, and it turned out to be fatty tissue--ugh, but much better than something else, right? I hope that's all it is for you, too. Sadie, Gail, Patti, Nuzzy, and everyone else, I hope that you're well and happy. Love, Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Sadie Rose

Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, July 05, 2010 10:31 PM
Hi Everybody,

JoJomom'scat, Anna, Rena, Linda, Lisa, Nuzzy's Nana, Gail and anyone I missed.  It is good to hear how you all are doing.  I couldn't get on the site for a couple of days and I was waiting to see if it was just a glitch. 

Linda~ I agree with Rena.  It takes a little more time.  I think after I hit the two year mark it got a little easier.

Lisa~ How is the swelling in your armpit area?  I hope it is improving.

Gail~Are you on the road?

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Warmly,
Sadie

Lisa11388

• Total Posts : 425
  • Reward points : 5135
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, July 07, 2010 6:55 PM
Sadie,
The swelling seems to have gone down.  I had a lat flap, so there has always been a fullness under my arm.  I dont know if i'm suddenly more aware of it or what.  I think it seems to swell and then go down again.  I'm starting to think its my imagination!  I dont know enough about lymphedema to know if it could be that.  I'm trying to keep track of when it feels swollen and what I have been doing when it does.  My onc said if I dont think its getting better to come back and do a scan.  Maybe i'll do a little research on lymphedema to see if I can figure it out.  Thanks for asking.
Lisa Long
Central Illinois
dx 8-29-05 age 43
mast & lat flap 9-30-05
triple neg brca neg
4.5 cm node neg
6 a/c followed by 5 taxol 10/05-3/06
28 rads 5/06-6/06
Currently NED
Change Page: << < ..111112113114115116117118119120.. > | Showing page 115 of 135, messages 1141 to 1150 of 1341

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll