Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Triple Negative-How are you doing?
Change Page: << < ..111112113114115116117118119120.. > | Showing page 118 of 135, messages 1171 to 1180 of 1341
TinaMina

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 620
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:24 AM
Hello warriors =)

Nice to meet you. As you can see from my signature, I'm not here for myself but sadly for my mother. She is honestly one of the greatest ladies in the world and her diagnosis just about kills me. Since her diagnosis I have woken up every morning with an achey tummy and racing thoughts that go something like this..."my mom's got cancer and it's triple negative!" My worst fear is that my future kids won't get to know her...she is truly such a treasure and it would be such a loss to them.

Do you guys think she'll be ok? I mean, I know it's such a silly question, but do you think she's got a good shot at surviving this given her stats? 

Also, I understand that triple negative is just about the worst variety of breast cancer that one can have, but is the prognosis really that poor or does it get a bad wrap because it's the worst kind of breast cancer to have?

daughter of one of the most amazing women in the world...

she was diagnosed 08/2010, had lumpectomy and set to begin chemo followed by rads soon.

52 yrs, stage 2A (3cm and no nodes), triple negative, grade 3

Nuzzys Nana

• Total Posts : 4498
  • Reward points : 10085
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:25 PM
I read that my prognosis was "poorer" when I was first diagnosed. Then I read that "triple negatives" respond very well to chemo. That was 5 years ago and I am still here along with the rest of us on this site. I do not believe that "triple negative" is the worst kind of breast cancer to have. Many things are factored in - size of the tumor, lymph node involvement etc. I'd rather have a 2 cm "triple" tumor with no nodal involvment than a 1 centimeter Er/Pr+ one that has spread.

All it means to be a "triple" is that there is no therapy available beyond surgery, chemo and radiation. But I figure if chemo is so good at doing its job on a "triple", we do not need the other stuff anyway.
Lumpectomy 4/14/05 at age 69
Stage 1, 2cm, Node Negative
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
BRCA2 positive (It's always something!)
No Family History
Alison Irwin

• Total Posts : 2594
  • Reward points : 10595
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, September 19, 2010 10:42 PM
Tina,
I think you mother has extremely good odds of surviving and watching her grandchildren grow up.  My doctor told me that being triple negative has good and bad points.  I am a 4 year survivor and (knock on wood) no sign of it returning.

As Nuzzys Nana said, chemo is extremely effective on triple negative tumors.  All of the hormone positive women have a wide variety of tools to help them fight the cancer.  We have two tools that I like to consider nuclear bombs against triple negative...chemo & radiation. 

I know it's very scary, but please don't worry yourself sick.  The best thing you can do is be very supportive and help her out.  Because if you think you're worried, imagine how she feels.  But most of all, just treat her like normal.  The one thing that many of us wish we had during treatment was just a normal day.  Take her out for lunch, go shopping, treat her just like you did before...trust me she will thank you for it.

Instead of thinking "my mom's got cancer...and it's triple negative" try thinking "my mom's got cancer...and I'm going to help her kick cancer's butt".

When I first found out I had triple negative breast cancer I was sure I wasn't going to live to see my kids grow up.  Now I have no doubt that I will live to annoy the heck out of my kids for many years to come.  Not only that I will live to wear purple polyester pants and embarass my grandchildren...cuz it's what us breast cancer survivors do.

Give you mom a big hug from us and hold her hand tightly and help her be a Warrior & Survivor
Alison, 45. Woodland, WA.
DX 08/14/06, Left Mast, Nodes13-/1+, 4-AC/1-Taxol/3-Taxotere, Rads, BRCA neg.,Tram flap. Medullary carcinoma, triple negative.
karey

• Total Posts : 557
  • Reward points : 11690
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, September 23, 2010 11:19 PM
Hi Tina,

I was also stage 2a with no lymph node involvement. My tumor was 3.5 cm and I had a lumpectomy which was followed by chemo and radiation. That was in December 2007. I had a mammogram done this past June and things looked good. 

I went back to teaching second grade and am doing fine with that.

Kathy
Kathy
Diagnosed at age 47
DX: 12/13/07 IDC Stage IIa Grade 3 3.5 cm TN
Lumpectomy 1/30/08 SNB neg
Chemo-2/29/08: 4 A/C 4 Taxol-Done 6/6/08! NED!
33 Rads 7/7/08-8/20/08 Done!
12/10/09 Now Ruptured Brain Aneurysm Survivor!
TinaMina

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 620
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:47 AM
thanks for sharing your experience karey...it so nice to hear about other peoples' positive experiences. best of luck to you!
daughter of one of the most amazing women in the world...

she was diagnosed 08/2010, had lumpectomy and set to begin chemo followed by rads soon.

52 yrs, stage 2A (3cm and no nodes), triple negative, grade 3

Gail Srebnik

• Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, October 03, 2010 3:34 PM
Hi fabulous triples! I know it's been a long time but I always have all of you on my mind and in my heart. My time has been spent mostly on working out ways to deal with the CLL. It started getting bad; meaning the count kept jumping every three months and , in truth, it scared the you know what out of me. Funny, I never felt that way being a triple neg BC gal. And for the daughter posting..I too am now a 4 year survivor and have done well and plan to stay that way! Well back to CLL..I finally decided to try different things every three months to see if I can find a way to stop this condition from getting worse. Well, I had hoped to get rid of it totally but I have managed to stop it from progressing! I am okay with that and now better able to resume posting here and elsewhere. i had a great summer and once again got to visit a bit with Sadie. I was sorry not to see Nuzzy's nana but next summer for sure. I hope you are all doing well. Blessings, Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade
Nuzzys Nana

• Total Posts : 4498
  • Reward points : 10085
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, October 03, 2010 3:44 PM
Gail,

I am sorry to learn that you are still struggling  with CLL but happy that you have passed the 4 year mark with BC. I'm looking forward to seeing you next summer if at all possible.
Lumpectomy 4/14/05 at age 69
Stage 1, 2cm, Node Negative
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
BRCA2 positive (It's always something!)
No Family History
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, October 05, 2010 7:42 AM
Hi everyone. Gail, I'm so happy to hear that you've stopped the CLL from progressing--and that you're fours years out from bc! I'm sorry it's been a difficult time. Tina, I'm another one who is doing great after my diagnosis--24 years! Give your mom a hug from us. Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
sazbro

• Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points : 1140
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, November 14, 2010 6:53 PM
Hi triples,

Just checking in. I had the second of my three month check ups which went well. I had my first post operative mammo and the result is benign.
Diagnosed 7/16/09 Triple negative, stage 3,
A/C 4 rounds 10/16/09
Taxotere 4 rounds 1/8/10 last round 3/12/10, partial mastectomy, 4/19/10,6 out of 11 nodes positive, 33 rads ending 7/12/10.
hydeskate

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 6535
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, November 27, 2010 8:48 PM
I am 32 was dx. at 29 with TNBC Mets in the liver/lungs and currently NED for 1 year and 1 month.
Change Page: << < ..111112113114115116117118119120.. > | Showing page 118 of 135, messages 1171 to 1180 of 1341

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll