Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Triple Negative-How are you doing?
Change Page: << < ..121122123124125126127128129130.. > | Showing page 130 of 135, messages 1291 to 1300 of 1341
karey

• Total Posts : 557
  • Reward points : 11690
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, February 07, 2014 1:01 AM
I don't have a lot of memories about it, Trisha. I do have a couple though. My husband has filled in some gaps for me. He says I had been asleep for maybe 15 minutes or so. Usually people will complain about a headache prior to this but I had felt fine that night.

Our son, who was in college at the time, had just come home and he'd had some emergency training while he was working as a security guard. I am told I had become ill but my husband realized something was very wrong when I was making no attempt to move. He turned on the light and I was lying there with my eyes fully dilated. He says they were large and black-looking.

The first thing I remember was very bright light. Due to the dilation, my husband told me the paramedics told him I couldn't see. The dilation thing makes me wonder about the "white light" people sometimes say they see when there is physical trauma because it really does look blinding white light. You can't see anything except that.

The other thing I recall is I seem to have lost all of my senses except hearing but that went in and out. I remember the paramedics telling me they were the paramedics and actually, when they told my husband they were going to take me to the closest hospital, I suddenly spoke up and ordered them to take me to my regular hospital. They weren't about to argue with me. That was the first and last time I would initiate speech and say more than yes or no for six days.

It's a good thing they did because it just so happened that the National Brain Aneurysm Center was just a few blocks away from that hospital and... the two doctors who founded it happened to have been on staff. One of them is a neuro-radiologist and he is the one who found it. Since I'd been asleep when it happened and couldn't explain how I was feeling, it took them a bit to figure out what was happening. 

I was very fortunate. My husband became immediately aware of it when it happened and an emergency call was made immediately. My family tells me the paramedics arrived about seven minutes after it happened and I was whisked off to the hospital as soon as they could get me downstairs and out the door. They arrived at the hospital in less than 10 minutes.

I have only fragments of memory over the course of six days. When I shared them with my family, they have told me they were out of sequence. 

I know my "internal clock" was off because when I started to retain my short-term memory, I remember they would ask the date and I would always get it wrong. When things started to come back "on" again, I remember I suddenly got very angry at them for telling me I was wrong and growled that if I didn't know the right date... they should stop asking me. I remember paranoia set in as well for a bit.

That makes sense when you think about it. I went to bed and the next thing I know, I am in the hospital. I "felt" fine, other than the fact that I had an external port in my neck thanks to veins that were messed up from chemo. That was the only way they could get an IV. Sigh... I never thought I would miss my port.

Plus, I didn't have a shaved head or an incision. I would later learn that is because they went up through my right leg to place the titanium coil which prevented further bleeding. 

To make matters worse, both my arms were covered with huge horseshoe-shaped bruises where they had failed to draw blood. 

Waking up in a strange place, being told you had something major happen to your brain, not feeling ill and not having any visible signs of a medical procedure being done and looking like you've been beaten... well... you'd be a bit "suspicious" too. 

Sigh... I do remember screaming out that the nurse standing next to me had beaten me. That poor woman. My mother came rushing into the room, a couple of other nurses came in and hastily removed the victim of my fury and then my husband, who could hear me down from down the hall rushed in to calm me down. I am glad they managed to bring me to my senses rather quickly.

Interestingly enough, one of my cousins' had a rupture last March. He survived but his side-effects are much more severe than mine. He had to move in with his daughter and son-in-law and cannot be left on his own. His short term memory is extremely poor but thankfully, there is nothing wrong with his long-term memory.

Kathy
Diagnosed at age 47
DX: 12/13/07 IDC Stage IIa Grade 3 3.5 cm TN
Lumpectomy 1/30/08 SNB neg
Chemo-2/29/08: 4 A/C 4 Taxol-Done 6/6/08! NED!
33 Rads 7/7/08-8/20/08 Done!
12/10/09 Now Ruptured Brain Aneurysm Survivor!
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, February 07, 2014 5:52 AM
Oh goodness Kathy, it all sounds a very scary and surreal experience and to think you had to suffer that having gone through bc as well, thank heaven you were found and helped so quickly which obviously made a huge difference.Pals
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Tricia Keegan

Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, February 07, 2014 5:53 AM
Oh goodness Kathy, it all sounds a very scary and surreal experience and to think you had to suffer that having gone through bc as well, thank heaven you were found and helped so quickly which obviously made a huge difference.Pals
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
Sadie Rose

• Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, April 04, 2014 8:27 PM
Hello Everyone,
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.  We had a beautiful day in the Pacific NW today!  The trees are all in bloom and the flowers are beautiful.  We get a lot of rain here so everything really grows.  It is such a pleasure to be present for another spring and summer. 

I am feeling well and more than 11 years out from the end of my treatment.  My oncologist thinks I beat TNBC!!!!  Really she gets a great deal of credit for my success.

I've read a lot about long term effects of treatment, but so far so good.  I seem to have very few at this point.

I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing! 

Warmly,
Sadie Rose

<message edited by Sadie Rose on Friday, April 04, 2014 8:29 PM>
Nuzzys Nana

• Total Posts : 4498
  • Reward points : 10085
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, April 04, 2014 11:02 PM
This month I will celebrate 9 years since my diagnosis. I am feeling great and enjoying life. I definitely have no complaints
Lumpectomy 4/14/05 at age 69
Stage 1, 2cm, Node Negative
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
BRCA2 positive (It's always something!)
No Family History
Tricia Keegan

Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, April 05, 2014 6:14 AM
Sadie and NN, 

Hue congrats to you both ladies and its wonderful to know you're both doing so well and enjoying life and a great inspiration to others newly dx triple neg!!
Carepage- survivortricia
Gail Srebnik

• Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:34 PM
Hi all! Sadie and NN we made a quick visit to Eugene for Jess' birthday and I got ill so didn't try to reach you gals. The next visit out you can count on a visit from me! I am settling into being retired and things are going okay getting readjusted to being back here in Colorado. The illness I got in Eugene carried over for weeks but I am now doing better. I have blood work next week and a Dexa scan and then May 1 I see my oncologist. We are enjoying Passover this week and though it is just Dave and I we are having a good time. I wish you all a Happy Easter and may the days ahead be full of joy and good health.
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade
Nuzzys Nana

Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:07 PM
Gail, I am sorry you were ill and we couldn't meet up. The most important thing is that you take care of yourself and be well.
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
No Family History
Sadie Rose

• Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, May 23, 2014 12:23 AM
Hi Gail,
How wonderful to be retired and getting to travel.  I am glad you are feeling better.  Hope your scan and appointment went well. Can't wait to hear more about how you are adjusting to retirement!  

NN is is great to hear how well you are doing too!  I've got to catch up with others who are posting here.  The three day weekend will give me some time to do that.

Tricia~Thanks for always being our cheerleader!  How are you doing?

Wishing healing for everyone!

Warmly,
Sadie

Nuzzys Nana

Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, May 23, 2014 6:51 PM
I just wanted to touch base and tell you that I had a biopsy on Tuesday on my right breast following a routine mammogram (my original cancer was in the left breast). The lesion was benign but now I will be having even more monitoring via mammograms, ultra sounds and MRI's during the next couple of years.
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
No Family History
Change Page: << < ..121122123124125126127128129130.. > | Showing page 130 of 135, messages 1291 to 1300 of 1341

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll