Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Triple Negative-How are you doing?
Change Page: << < ..131132133134135 > | Showing page 132 of 135, messages 1311 to 1320 of 1341
sthollow

• Total Posts : 26
  • Reward points : 2075
Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, July 16, 2014 10:35 AM
Thank you Tricia!!  I am ready to be done with chemo but tit makes me very nervous as I am not a candidate for drugs like Tamoxifen so I feel once I am done with active treatment I am a sitting duck.  But I trust in my docs!!!

NN - I was kind of bummed about the inconclusive test result myself. I am BRCA1 neg but the isn't enough data /research  available at this time to identify the variant in my bloodwork to be BRCA2 pos or neg.  haven't talked to onc about it yet but will be soon.  

Kathy - the whole triple negative thing is very scary.  When I was first diagnosed my path report showed er-/pr+ so as I was researching online (bad idea) I kept seeing triple negative info pop up.  Well come to find out after re checking markers on my lymph nodes my pr+ wasn't positive enough so they considered it a negative...boo!!  My doc told me exactly what you just said about the aggressiveness but how it can respond really well to chemo...thankfully mine has so far and I still have about 3 1/2 months to go before surgery.  He also mentioned how 2-3 years was the timeframe for TNBC C.  I think it is wonderful and inspires so much how to know that you are 6 years out.   Thank you for your comments!!  

Sarah XOXOXO 
Sadie Rose

• Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:19 PM
Hello Everyone,
I haven't been on this board for awhile.  I do read messages more than I post.  Everything had been going along really well until my last visit with my oncologist.  I recently had a difficult biopsy that took three hours to complete.  It came back fine, but it triggered my oncologist to suggest bilateral mastectomy.  She told me my risk for a recurrence is going up even though I am more than ten years our from my original treatment.  My surgeon's office called me too and set up an appointment for a genetic study and an appointment with a plastic surgeon.  I met again with my wonderful oncologist who spent 2 1/2 hours with me discussing my risks.  The outcome is I am scheduled for a bilateral mastectomy in April.  
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, March 23, 2015 6:32 AM
Hi Sadie,

I'm sorry you have to face more surgery so later after your dx but I'm glad to know you're doing well otherwise this far out, as am I.  Sending you good wishes for a successful surgery and hope you'll keep us posted.Pals
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Nuzzys Nana

• Total Posts : 4498
  • Reward points : 10085
Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, March 23, 2015 1:58 PM
Dear Sadie, I am sorry to learn about your recent biopsy and scheduled surgery. You and I were diagnosed around the same time, I believe. I also had a biopsy about a year ago and it came back benign. This was an area that had been on a "watch list" so I was relieved that was it okay. Still, these things can be worrisome. I will have my ten year "cancerversary" in April to my surprise, because when first diagnosed I was categorized as a "poorer outcome". And that was before testing positive for the BRCA2 mutation.*************I hope everything goes well for you. Keep up posted on your recovery.
Lumpectomy 4/14/05 at age 69
Stage 1, 2cm, Node Negative
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
BRCA2 positive (It's always something!)
No Family History
Sadie Rose

Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, March 27, 2015 12:20 AM
Thank you Tricia and Nuzzys Nana for the special wishes.  I feel like I am on the count down now.  I have researched everything I can, I put together an excellent team and I invited my friends to send me happy, funny and positive messages.  I's seeming a physical therapist tomorrow who will give me hints for recover.  I have my special cami tops with the drain pockets. I've read all the hints post by others who have had the same surgery. I'm as ready as I will ever be.  Now it is hard to wait until April 14th.

Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, March 27, 2015 5:13 AM
Will be thinking of you Sadie.xx
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Sadie Rose

Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, March 28, 2015 11:30 AM
I have an appointment with a physical therapist yesterday.  She gave me exercises to do before surgery to help with recovery afterwards.  I think it is helpful to have something proactive to do.  She also recommended massage therapy before surgery.  The goal is to loosen all the muscles before the trauma. :)
karey

• Total Posts : 557
  • Reward points : 11690
Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, April 02, 2015 9:44 PM
Hi Sadie, I am sorry to hear about your surgery but am very glad that the biopsy was negative. I will be thinking of you as well.
Kathy
Diagnosed at age 47
DX: 12/13/07 IDC Stage IIa Grade 3 3.5 cm TN
Lumpectomy 1/30/08 SNB neg
Chemo-2/29/08: 4 A/C 4 Taxol-Done 6/6/08! NED!
33 Rads 7/7/08-8/20/08 Done!
12/10/09 Now Ruptured Brain Aneurysm Survivor!
Sadie Rose

Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, April 03, 2015 8:15 PM
Thank you Karey!  I appreciate your thoughts.  I am counting down to my surgery.  I have 10 days to go.  It will actually be 9 by morning!
Sadie Rose

Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, April 11, 2015 2:15 PM
I have 2 days before my bilateral mastectomy.  It seems unreal!  I closed my office for a month and Friday was my last day.  I think i am prepared.  I have my shower chair, a shampoo funnel, my cam is with drain holders, a wedge for the bed, a variety of pillows, all of my prescriptions filled, some soup for the first day, coffee :-), and a variety of other small items.  I have my bag for the hospital packed and now I am just waiting.  I could clean house again, but maybe that will happen tomorrow.
Change Page: << < ..131132133134135 > | Showing page 132 of 135, messages 1311 to 1320 of 1341

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll