Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Triple Negative-How are you doing?
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 14 of 135, messages 131 to 140 of 1341
Sadie Rose

• Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, June 14, 2008 5:41 PM
Hi Gail,

I got through both tests and I was supposed to see my oncologist Friday afternoon.  Her office called and canceled the appointment because the doctor reading the  PET scan could not do it so quickly,

Now my onco is on vacation for a week, so it will be two weeks before I get in to see her.  The office did say my brain MRI was good so that is great news. 

How are you feeling this weekend?  I hope you are having nice weather!!!  Thank you so much for asking about my tests.

Warmly,
Sadie
<message edited by Sadie on Saturday, June 14, 2008 5:59 PM>
Gail Srebnik

• Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, June 14, 2008 6:39 PM
Sadie! I'm glad the brain MRI was good. It stinks to have to wait two weeks on the PET. Can't you call in and get another doc to give you the results? I'm doing fine. We had our graduation this afternoon and Bernie Siegel was our commencement speaker. It was wonderful. Then it poured! I'm doing fine and looking forward to heading home to colorado next week. Keep well, Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade
Sadie Rose

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, June 14, 2008 11:04 PM
Gail,

It's funny how I didn't think of calling one of the other doctors.  I was going to tell the appointment scheduler when she called that I didn't really need an appointment to come in.  I just needed to know the results of the scan.

Sounds like you had a wonderful graduation!  Was there one thought that really struck you as you listened to the speaker?  Words of wisdom really jump out to me now.

Do you teach high school students?

Hope are enjoying your new status~~ B-9!

Warmly,
Sadie
Patti Schimpf

• Total Posts : 235
  • Reward points : 2505
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, June 15, 2008 7:33 PM
Hi Triple Negative Sisters,

Sometimes I forget this thread is out there! So it's taken me a while to get caught up with everyone. My 1-1/2 year check up was nerve-racking, but all results were good. Like a couple of yall, I'm fighting weight gain, even though I'm on the treadmill 6 days a week. They think my thyroid has Hashimoto's, which may explain why I'm not able to lose weight. (I keep telling them it's the M&M's, but they can't charge the insurance for that!) But I keep walking and thanking God for each day I wake up.

Gail - I just got back from your beloved state of Colorado - what a great trip we had to Estes Park. I can't believe the deer walk around like they own the place! I thought they were statues until they started moving. We'll definitely be going back there next year.

Each of you remain in my thoughts and prayers,
Patti
Diagnosed Oct. 2006
Lumpectomy Nov. 20, 2006
Triple Negative
Chemo Started Dec. 2006 - Finished March 2007
Radiation Started April 2007
Got early Radiation release May 29, 2007 - DONE!!!!!

carepage: PrayersforPatti
Big D, Texas
Gail Srebnik

• Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, June 15, 2008 7:39 PM
Hi patti, next year time it when I'm home and we would love to host you and tour you around. Blessings,Gail (who is approaching 2 years in August without bc).
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade
Sadie Rose

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:32 PM

Hi Patti,

My oncologist said that it is difficult to get your weight to drop the first year after treatment.  She said she has even had fire fighters who work out every day, not drop their weight until after their one year anniversary. 

I have no excuse though because I a farther out and it is still tough. I had abdominal surgery last October so I am feeling like I can do whatever I want now.  I do yoga almost every day, but I need to up my activity.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Warmly,
Sadie
In The Pink

• Total Posts : 39
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, June 21, 2008 2:26 PM
Hello, I just found out I am triple negative.  I was kind of hoping to be HER2 positive so we could just get this thing taken care of.  Now it seems sooooo life altering and I will always have that threat in the back of my head of recurrance.  I have not started chemo yet but they did say I would be taking Carboplatin, Abraxane and Avastin.  Still expecting to get more tests and the port done soon.
Penny - Orange,CA Age 48
Penny's Posies (Team Name) - Race For The Cure 9/28/08
DX=3/2008 - 6/2008
IDC, Stage III, Pos. Lymph Node Triple -,
Chemo - starting July 15, 2008
Mastectomy
Radiation
Participating in 3 clinical trials
Sadie Rose

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, June 21, 2008 2:42 PM
Hi Penny,
Welcome.  I hope you find a home here.  I am sure all of this new information and your diagnosis is overwhelming right now.  I am triple negative too and I am close to 4 years out from treatment.  Triple negative breast cancers  respond really well to chemo therapy and your cocktail combination includes carboplatin which has been shown to work really well for TNBC.

I attended college in Fullerton, so I spent some time in your area.  I hope you feel you have found good support with your cancer team.  Please feel you can ask all of us any questions you have.

Warmly,
Sadie
<message edited by Sadie on Monday, June 23, 2008 2:50 PM>
Sadie Rose

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, June 23, 2008 8:50 AM
Coco

• Total Posts : 125
  • Reward points : 4950
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, June 23, 2008 9:06 AM
Dear All,  I finished Chemo and Radiation and sailed through all of it but now it seems like something is always  stiff or hurts.  Sometimes it's my back(Like for the past few days) or my shoulder or my knee.  I go to the gym every day and do the elipitical and the tread mill.  I have been taking aleve with no noticeable results and changed to tylenol.  still nothing.  I am going to try advil and see if that helps.
Have any of you experienced these symptoms months after treatment?  It's been 2 months since I finished radiation. and 5 months since chemo.
Thanks for any feedback.
Claudette
Age 67
DX 10/8/07
10/29/07 LUMPECTOMY RT BREAST INVASIVE DUCTAL CARCINOMA
LYMPH NODES NEG Stage 1 Grade 3
Triple negative
4 cycles of Taxotere and Cytoxan Finished 1/29/08
35 Rads finished 4/11/08
Malvern, Pa
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 14 of 135, messages 131 to 140 of 1341

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll