Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Triple Negative-How are you doing?
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 16 of 135, messages 151 to 160 of 1341
Gail Srebnik

• Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:32 PM
Hi Sue and MaryLou! and of course all my triple sisters. I hope everyone is doing well today. Marylou, congratulations on coming close to the end of treatment. Now, good health is ahead of you and I wish you well. Sue, as already stated we are all at different stages of surviving and this is a good place to find support, advise and encouragement from others who know exactly where you are. My best to you. Blessings to all, Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade
Sadie Rose

• Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:20 PM
Hi Marylou,

Sounds like you are really moving quickly through treatment.  Getting radiation treatment down to just one week is amazing.  I had to go every day for nearly seven weeks.  I had nine chemotherapy treatments 3 weeks apart and two surgeries, so my journey was much longer.  I am so glad to hear about the progress in the medical field!

Hope you plan something very fun to do at the end of your treatment.  I went to the beach for a week when I finished.  It was a wonderful way to bring closure to my cancer treatment!

Enjoy the weekend.

Warmly,
Sadie 
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:38 PM
Hi Marylou (I find myself singing that old Ricky Nelson hit: "Hello Marylou, Goodbye Heart . . ." sorry). Anyway, on that musical note, I just want to say welcome and to wish you well. The mammosite radiation is amazing, and it must be such a relief to not have to face 7 weeks of it. Congratulations to you--you're almost done! I hope you'll stay in touch with this great group of triple negative friends. Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
karey

• Total Posts : 557
  • Reward points : 11690
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 25, 2008 6:34 PM
I agree. Triple negative does seem to have gotten a bad rap. The name doesn't seem to help!
Anyways, I focus on the positives like it responds very well to chemo and after two years the recurrence rate drops and
after five years it really drops to below what it is for those positive sisters. Also, we don't have to take anymore drugs yippee!
I hate drugs!

I finished chemo 2 1/2 weeks ago. Since I got knocked down by it every two weeks, I'm finally beginning to feel like I've crawled out of the pit.
I'm starting radiation in July. I also have to go in for my six month mammogram. I couldn't feel my lump so in a way, even though I have a dimple,
I'm eager to have this done so I can really see that it's gone. On the other hand, a part of me has that scared feeling as well. What if...
Ugh! I can't even say it.

I'm just trying to remember that triple negative cancer cells do not like chemo drugs and I've just had my share of those drugs.
Feeling a bit anxious about procedures like this is normal for bc survivors and if I didn't feel the least bit anxious it would probably be because
I'm off in La La Land somewhere instead of in reality. I also need to remember that since I couldn't feel my 3.5 cm tumor this test may just have
made my life take a different turn that what might have been.

So, here's to tests! We might not always like the outcome but they will help us know what is going on so steps can be taken to fix the outcome.
Kathy
Diagnosed at age 47
DX: 12/13/07 IDC Stage IIa Grade 3 3.5 cm TN
Lumpectomy 1/30/08 SNB neg
Chemo-2/29/08: 4 A/C 4 Taxol-Done 6/6/08! NED!
33 Rads 7/7/08-8/20/08 Done!
12/10/09 Now Ruptured Brain Aneurysm Survivor!
gypsysue

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:01 PM
I feel much better after meeting with onc.   I am getting a port-a-cath and my first round of chemo Friday.   Plans are for 2 rounds of AC and then 1 round of Taxol  then surgery.   Between all the tests I felt like nothing was being done.  Guess things will be moving quickly now, including my hair!!!!!    I have been advised to stay on a low fat diet, so tomorrow Im going to grocery store to stock up.       Hope everyone is doing well. 
Sue
Triple Negative
58 years old
Richmond, VA
Rena

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:20 PM
Hi Kathy and Sue. I want to wish you well as you both embark on another stage of your treatment. Kathy, your attitude about tests makes a whole lot of sense. Being BRCA-positive, I worry about my daughter. She's 23 now and will be tested for the mutation when she's 25. Although I hate that she even has to think about any of this, I'm grateful that the tests we have are improving all the time. Early detection is so important, and even though the tests are not foolproof, they make a huge difference. Hugs to you both. Sue, I'll be thinking about you on Friday. Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
gypsysue

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:56 PM
And that's why I am trying to stay positive.     I have one daughter and 3 grandaughters.    Hopefully, all the drugs,  and tests and poking and prodding on us will make it better for the next generation.  Here's to the cure....I'll be "drinking" my flow of chemo on Friday for it.....of course, I would rather be drinking a glass of red wine!!!!!!!!!
Sue
Triple Negative
58 years old
Richmond, VA
karey

• Total Posts : 557
  • Reward points : 11690
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:39 PM
I had my six month mammo today. I kept telling myself I had nothing to worry about as I've been out of chemo less than three weeks but...a friend of mine with a different kind of cancer Hodgkins lymphoma, has gone through chemo twice and last week after just completing intense chemo a few weeks ago, it's back. I know her circumstances are different but...it still felt scary.

Anyways, I had nothing to worry about. I must have sat there just five minutes staring at the report I was handed after the radiologist at the breast center had checked my mammogram.

No evidence of cancer. Follow-up in six months.

Yes, I know I had clear margins and I know I only had two lymph nodes removed and they were negative. However, cancer is still cancer and still very scary regardless. Knowing that nothing has shown up in the five months since my surgery makes me feel like yippee!yippee!yippee!yippee!yippee!
Kathy
Diagnosed at age 47
DX: 12/13/07 IDC Stage IIa Grade 3 3.5 cm TN
Lumpectomy 1/30/08 SNB neg
Chemo-2/29/08: 4 A/C 4 Taxol-Done 6/6/08! NED!
33 Rads 7/7/08-8/20/08 Done!
12/10/09 Now Ruptured Brain Aneurysm Survivor!
Rena

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:52 PM
YEAH Kathy!!!
I'm really happy for you! And you're right--cancer is cancer. It's great that your diagnosis was so "good," but it's normal to worry. I'm just so glad that you got great news! Have a terrific weekend. Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Sadie Rose

• Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, June 26, 2008 8:34 PM
Hi Kathy,

I just wanted to celebrate with you too!  It is wonderful news to get the all clear sign.  You are off to a great start.  I hope you get to do something special this weekend.

Warmly,
Sadie
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 16 of 135, messages 151 to 160 of 1341

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll