Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Triple Negative-How are you doing?
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 25 of 135, messages 241 to 250 of 1341
Nuzzys Nana

• Total Posts : 4498
  • Reward points : 10085
RE: Interloping on your thread to say hi... - Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:05 PM
I'll add my two cents here. Gail and her sweet husband dropped by on Thursday as they were coming through my area. We visited for about an hour and then arranged to meet for lunch the next day where we all schmoozed for a couple of hours (Sadie, Gail, JoGrif, Gail's hubby and I). Yes, David was very patient - but show me a man that does not want to hear about breasts no matter what! I am looking forward to their visit next year too.

Lumpectomy 4/14/05 at age 69
Stage 1, 2cm, Node Negative
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
BRCA2 positive (It's always something!)
No Family History
Sadie Rose

• Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
RE: Interloping on your thread to say hi... - Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:42 PM
Hi Gail,

I saw your post on another thread.  Sounds like you are getting to see your son play all over town.  I bet that his schedule is a dramatic change from your usual schedule.  Did you have a nice drive to the beach?  Hope you get to see all of the sights in Portland and Eugene.

Warmly,
Sadie
Sadie Rose

RE: Interloping on your thread to say hi... - Friday, August 01, 2008 8:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
It is Friday morning and I don't have to go to work.   I'm getting my hair cut by my friend and then I have the rest of the day to just paddle around town going to little antique shops.  I'm trying to find a
 unique piece my husband would enjoy for his birthday. 

Our weather has been just perfect for me here in the Northwest.  It is sunny, but not too hot.  Just the way I like it.

Chris- I going to read more of my book today. (The Last Lecture).  I'm going to try to catch up to where you are.

I'm wishing each of you a peaceful weekend.

Warmly,
Sadie
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
RE: Interloping on your thread to say hi... - Friday, August 01, 2008 8:29 AM
Hi Sadie and everyone! Sadie, your weather sounds so nice. I wish we could have some of that down here. Fog, fog, and more fog! I hope you enjoy your antique hunting. I've been up since 3:30 am. Drove my husband to the airport at 4:45 and will be on my own (with the three cats!) for about two weeks. I don't mind so much because it's good for me to have time on my own, but the evenings sure do get lonely. I have a ton of cleaning to do. It's easier to clean when David is gone. I'll do a lot of de-cluttering and hope that David (the pack rat) doesn't notice. Tomorrow I'm driving up to Morgan Hill (near San Jose). Judy (who posts on the Sunbearz thread) is having a 60th birthday party!! Happy Birthday, Judy!! Some good news: I think I've finally found a medication that works for my hiatal hernia. I'd tried four different ones and had no relief from the heartburn, but I started on Nexium before we left on vacation, and I feel so much better. It's not perfect, but it's SO much better than before. My cousin had a 9-hour surgery yesterday as a result of years of complications from a hiatal hernia. They ended up removing a large portion of her stomach. She came through the surgery well, but it was not easy. I confess that her situation scares me. I just hope that I can keep this under control with the medication and watching my diet so that it never gets too bad. I turn 59 this month--I have two sisters, 63 and 69, and a brother, 70. I used to feel so much younger than my siblings, but as we get older, the gap seems to close. Getting old(er) is such a mixed bag: on the one hand, the old body starts doing unpleasant and uncomfortable things; on the other hand, I'm alive and relatively well and am so very lucky that I have a good life. Gee, I'm sorry for rambling this morning--must be the lack of sleep! Love to you all. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Love, Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Sadie Rose

RE: Interloping on your thread to say hi... - Friday, August 01, 2008 4:21 PM

Rena,
Well, my perfect weather changed to rain. The flowers needed it, so it was all good, but a surprise. My new hair cut was getting drizzled on. I'm used to that though.

I woke up early this morning too for absolutely no reason.

Hope you have some fun things planned to do while your husband is gone. Don't spend all of your time cleaning.

I reread your post and see you are going to a birthday party tomorrow. Happy Birthday Judy.

I hope Nexium continues to work for you. You don't want anymore surgery. How is your cousin recovering from her surgery?

Hope your weekend and your next two weeks give you a chance to relax and
replenish your energy.

Warmly,
Sadie

Gail Srebnik

• Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
RE: Interloping on your thread to say hi... - Friday, August 01, 2008 6:45 PM
Happy Birthday Judy! (hope I got the day right) I'm checking in and wanting to say that all is well. We have been pretty busy but when we have down time I am observing how different it is for Dave and me. He doesn't want to relax in the motel and feels we should be doing things. I sense he would rather have cut this visit short and he doesn't understnd that in some ways I am building memories with our son at every chance I get. I plan to be around a long time but none of us know when we may exit. I am grateful for whatever time I get with Jesse and in the inbetween times I always have school work along and a book. Tomorrow we will head to the ocean and hike and Dave will feel better. Jess is pretty busy tomorrow so we won't see him most likely. I had such a good time visiting with Komen sisters in portland. I wish the drive was an easier one or I'd drag Dave back there with me for another visit. I hope this finds you all doing well. Blessings,Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade
Sadie Rose

RE: Interloping on your thread to say hi... - Friday, August 01, 2008 11:13 PM

Hi Gail,

And Happy Birthday Judy!

Gail- glad to hear all is well. I understand your urge to build memories with your son. That is what I am trying to do with my kids and my grand babies. I want to surround them with love and positive energy so that they will always have that with them.

It must be so special to hear your son play, sing his songs, and to see how others react to him. I think music helps facilitate that transfer of loving energy. One time I was watching my son play his guitar and sing at a small ice cream shop when he was in middle school. He was belting out one of his songs, totally in his element. “One of the waitresses came up to me and said, You must be his mother. I can tell by the way you look at him.” What I was really delighting in was that he was so confident in front of people. I was a rather shy child and I had always wanted my kids to be relaxed in front of others. He's very relaxed.

I know you have formed some special memories with Jessie. He is so talented and it is always special to know that your parents are so proud of you. It must be hard to leave him when you must go such a long distance to go.

I do hope you enjoy the beach and take good care of yourself.

Warmly,
Sadie
KarenD

• Total Posts : 70
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, August 02, 2008 2:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

Hard to believe it's the weekend again, not to mention August already (we'll probably start seeing holiday decorations in the stores soon...right next to the school supplies...and if any of you ladies are the type to have all your holiday shopping done already...I so do NOT want to know).

Rena, we have 3 cats (2 yr old med. haired tabby and 4 mos old kittens- orange tabby and a calico) and 2 dogs (all girls). I also live with a pack rat spouse and he has passed that trait to our daughter and they are both convinced that they simply cannot part with anything because they might need it sometime in the next millenia (and yes, I too do covert trash runs ). Hope your new medicine keeps on working for you and enjoy Judy's b-day party!
Sadie, good luck with you antique shopping. I love to go to the little shops and poke around, you never know what wonderful treasure you may find.
Gail, spending time with your hubby, your son and meeting with Komen sisters...sounds like an awesome vacation...Enjoy!
Penny, haven't "heard" from you here in awhile...hope everything is going well for you.
Nuzzy, Jill, Chris, Wendy, Barbcedar, Coco (and anyone I missed) hope you all have a wonderful weekend

Take care and Hugs to all,
Karen

Karen D
Wonderful Hubby and 4 terrific kids ages 17, 16, 14 and 12
Dx 6/23/08 Age 37
Lumpectomy 1.2 cm (Stage 1, Grade 3 IDC)& SNB on 6/24/08 (2 nodes, both neg)
Triple Negative
Taxotere/Cytoxan to start on 8/5/08 rads to follow
tupelo

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, August 03, 2008 8:48 AM
I was dx'd with TNBC in 11/07. Had lumpectomy and then had to go back in for reexcision to clean the margins and have axillary node dissection because sentinel node had microscopic cancer cell. All 11 nodes taken were negative. I finished 4 A/C and 4 Taxol treatments. I have 5 more days left of my 33 radiation treatments and then I'll be finished!
So good to read all the success stories...especially Rena's...21 yrs! I do not have a family history and my oncologist didn't recommend BRCA test. However I have a sister with melanoma and am rethinking it. There is a good book called Uplift by Barbara Delinsky with all uplifting breast cancer stories... Keeping a positive attitude is key! Thanks for sharing and good luck!
signature
Sadie Rose

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, August 03, 2008 8:59 AM
Hi tupledo,
Only 5 radiation treatments left, your close to the goal line.

I hope you plan something special to do for a few days after you finish.  I went to the beach and that was so healing.  It helped with the transition of finishing treatment and moving on to the next stage of the journey. It gave me time to refocus and to just rest.

If you can't go away light a candle, read a simple book, eat a favorite food, and do anything else you enjoy doing.

I hope these last five treatments sail by.

Warmly,
Sadie

Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 25 of 135, messages 241 to 250 of 1341

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll