Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Triple Negative-How are you doing?
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 26 of 135, messages 251 to 260 of 1341
Sadie Rose

• Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, August 03, 2008 9:04 AM
Karen,

I haven't started Christmas shopping yet, but I am gathering ideas.  December is a huge month for out family.  I have two children with birthdays in December and my anniversary is in December.  The whole month if filled with celebrations so I have to get going.

Hope you get to wander through so antique shops soon.

Warmly,
Sadie
tupelo

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, August 04, 2008 10:49 AM
Thanks Sadie. When I first started to google TNBC I read stories I wasn't too thrilled about . Then I happened upon a site and I read your story and I can't tell you how relieved I was to see a success story. Then I read Rena's and I felt even more sure that I would be OK. So I thank you for sharing your positive outlook with the "newbies", although I am graduating soon and hope to be able to inspire other women just starting. The day after I complete radiation I am going away for a week in the mountains with my husband, 21 yr old daughter who will join us from college and my 15 and 13 yr old sons. What a celebration it will be..Bringing a bottle of champagne! Thanks to everyone for this forum.

Dx 11/07 Age 48
Lumpectomy 1.7 cm (Stage 2, Grade 3 IDC)& ANB in 1/08 (microscopic cell in sentinel node other 11 negative)
Triple Negative
4 A/C treatments 4 Taxol. 33 rad tx's to end 8/8/08

Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, August 04, 2008 12:49 PM
Welcome, tupelo! And hi to all my other TN friends--please forgive me for not naming you all. I'm lucky if I can remember what I had for breakfast, much less all your names. But you are all distinct individuals in my mind, I promise. It's just that there's a disconnect between my mind and my typing fingers! Anyway . . .

Congrats, tupelo on being almost done. Your trip with your family sounds great, the perfect way to celebrate. I am so glad you found us because I've seen the other TN sites, too, and they are not generally very positive. There's so much to be positive about when you're negative, if you know what I mean. Karen, are we long-lost sisters? Three cats and married to pack-rats! I hope you're doing well. Sadie, how are things up in beautiful Washington? I hope you're still enjoying good weather. Gail, again, I'm so sorry about your misfortune--it's such a terrible feeling to be burglarized, and it's such a nuisance having to replace all your cards, etc. Just so glad that you and David weren't there and were not hurt. And to all of you other ladies, I hope you are well and enjoying your summer.

As I mentioned before, David is out of town for two weeks. I've gotten as far as cleaning out the fridge, but I have closets waiting for me, and I'm almost afraid to open them for fear of what I'll find. This morning, I'm going to pick up my friend Heather and go to the SPCA to visit the cats. (I know, I'm crazy) They have a new room there called "Cats in Wonderland," where the cats roam free and have all sort of toys and different levels to climb on. When we go in, some of them ignore us, but so many of them are just craving affection, so we'll have several purring cats climbing on us. After that we'll stop for lunch (after washing our hands!!). To me, that's a wonderful way to spend few hours. Then, when I get home, I have an editing job to do (that's my work--freelance copy editing), so I can avoid my closets a little bit longer!

Love to you all,

Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Sadie Rose

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, August 04, 2008 6:15 PM

Hi Rena,

Hope you enjoyed your day.  It must be quiet at your house in the evening.  I enjoyed your story about going to visit the cats.  We used to take our kids to visit the humane society as an outing.  We told them it was the dog and cat zoo.  We could come and play with the animals, but (we couldn't take a little critter home each time we came to visit.)

We are still having great weather.  The temps are starting to climb though.  We're having a simple dinner tonight so I won't be cooking. 

Do you edit for private writers or are you working for an agency?  I find your job intriguing.

Hope you have a relaxing and peaceful evening.

Warmly,
Sadie
Sadie Rose

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, August 04, 2008 6:23 PM
Hi Tupledo,
If I am counting right you only have four radiation treatments left and you will be done on Friday.  I hope you have a wonderful celebration with your family.  The timing for the end of your treatments works perfect for the kids I bet.  I am so glad you get to have that time together.

Warmly,
Sadie
Gail Srebnik

• Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, August 04, 2008 11:07 PM
Hello everyone! I am still in shock but calming down some. Thank you all for the support. Here is a link to the Triple Neg. recent confrence
If you missed the online conference, you can read the transcript here:
http://www. breastcancer. org/treatment/planning/ask_expert/2008_07/

dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade
tupelo

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, August 05, 2008 10:38 AM
You are right, Sadie...now just 3 more left! Thanks for the good thoughts! I am sooo looking forward to Fri...thought it would never get here!
tupelo

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, August 05, 2008 10:51 AM
Thanks, Rena... I am almost done...I appreciate your positive thoughts!
Lisa11388

• Total Posts : 425
  • Reward points : 5135
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, August 05, 2008 6:36 PM
Hello triple gals! 
 Lisa checking in here.  Thursday I go for my 3 month checkup, the last one before I switch to every 6 months.  Soon I will reach my 3 year anniversary.  Hopefully everything will be fine.  I'm sure it will be.  We have been busy trying to get our house ready to sell.  Lots to do, sometimes I just dont have the energy after working all day, so chipping away a little at a time.  We are hoping to move to something smaller and easier to take care of.  My 2 boys will be moving out soon, so no one to mow the yard, shovel the snow etc! 
Welcome tupelo.  Gail, sorry to hear of your misfortune.  Rena, I hope you enjoy your alone time, dont clean too much.  Hoping all of you are doing and feeling well.
Lisa Long
Central Illinois
dx 8-29-05 age 43
mast & lat flap 9-30-05
triple neg brca neg
4.5 cm node neg
6 a/c followed by 5 taxol 10/05-3/06
28 rads 5/06-6/06
Currently NED
KarenD

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, August 05, 2008 6:42 PM
Hi Tupelo,
Congrats on being almost doneyippee! !!! Your trip with your family sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate the end of one journey and the beginning of a new journey toward the new normal.

I'm at the beginning still...I just had my first chemo today and it went great (I feel great too and figure I will enjoy it while it lasts...have a feeling some things may sneak up on me in the next couple of days)....and I'm looking forward to joining you on the other side .

Take care,
Karen
Karen D
Wonderful Hubby and 4 terrific kids ages 17, 16, 14 and 12
Dx 6/23/08 Age 37
Lumpectomy 1.2 cm (Stage 1, Grade 3 IDC)& SNB on 6/24/08 (2 nodes, both neg)
Triple Negative
Taxotere/Cytoxan to start on 8/5/08 rads to follow
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 26 of 135, messages 251 to 260 of 1341

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll