Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Triple Negative-How are you doing?
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 28 of 135, messages 271 to 280 of 1341
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 5:38 PM
Hi everyone, and welcome Diane. How did your oncologist appointment go? I hope you weren't too overwhelmed with information. I haven't been checking in quite as much because I'm so busy with work. August is generally a very busy month because a lot of my clients (I'm an editor) are madly scrambling to finish papers and articles before the new academic year starts. Some of them act as though they have me on retainer and can send me 50-page papers that they want back in a few days. Yikes. I'm trying to get everything done this week. My husband and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary on the 20th, and then the next day, which also happens to be my birthday, I'm flying to NJ to help my sister, who is having surgery the next day. It's NOT cancer, thank goodness! It's not TOO serious, but she lives alone and will have incisions and drains (something we all know too much about), and I don't want her to deal with it by herself.

On the health front, I'm frustrated. After trying a bunch of cholesterol meds and having to stop them due to side effects, I finally started on Pravachol two months ago and was feeling fine. I had blood tests and saw my doctor yesterday. My cholesterol did change--it went UP--and my liver enzymes were completely out of whack!! So now she's sending me to a cardiologist who runs a cholesterol clinic here. I'm baffled and confused and still not 100% sure whether we should believe all the studies about lowering cholesterol. On the positive side, I still have ostepenia, but my bone density improved by minute amounts, so that's good. And I'm still as tall as I was two years ago!! Whoopee! I stopped shrinking!

Nevertheless, i still reside with NED and know that the rest of these things are small potatoes. I hope everyone is doing well. Gail, welcome home to CT. Diane, please let us know how things go for you. Patti, how is the thyroid medication? Veggie, Karey, sweet Sadie and all you other wonderful people, I wish you all the best.

Love,
Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Texas Granny

• Total Posts : 77
  • Reward points : 1565
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:54 PM
I still lurk every day, mostly on this and  the sunbearz topic.  All of you are such amazing women - giving encouragement and hope to others, going about your daily lives,  and sharing your adventures with us.I had
 my 3 month check up last week -surgery 18 months ago - and everything looked good - the turmor markers went down.  I feel good most days and have returned to my normal life - working, eating and sleeping are about I do, but I am so grateful to be able to do that.  You notice that I didn't say anything about cleaning house!

The best to everyone.

Texas Granny
Gail Srebnik

• Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:05 PM
Hey Rena! I'm at home in Colorado and will not get back to CT till August 23. Where in NJ will you be? I'm sorry the cholestoral is still not under control. Mine was up at the last check up and I am off and on taking Niacin to see if that helps lower it. I'll have it checked in september.
Diane, I hope things are settling down a bit for you.
All you non-hormone involved sisters I send my love and healing thoughts. In case any of you are in to prayer and/or meditation a group on Bernie siegel's thread have formed a prayer circle at 9PM EST. They are joining together to send out healing thoughts to all who need them.
I am doing okay and will have a phone consult tomorrow with the naturapath in AZ. I'll let you know what he has to say afterwards.
My best to all, Gail

dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade
Patti Schimpf

• Total Posts : 235
  • Reward points : 2505
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, August 17, 2008 10:57 AM
Rena,

Thanks for the advice about osteoporsis. They did tell me I should have a bone density test - now it adds up! After the first week on the thyroid medicine, I'm not sure I can tell any difference. I guess the good news is that I've been taking Calcium supplements for several years now - ever since my grandfather told me to take calcium "so I wouldn't end up with a hump in your back like your grandma." Good advice. And I exercise pretty much on a daily basis - mostly treadmill walking 2+ miles a day, so hopefully that'll keep any bone density loss at bay.

Sorry to hear about your sister. You'll both be in my prayers for your safe return and her successful surgery. Hang in there with the cholesterol meds - you'll find the right balance - I'm sure of it!

Patti
Diagnosed Oct. 2006
Lumpectomy Nov. 20, 2006
Triple Negative
Chemo Started Dec. 2006 - Finished March 2007
Radiation Started April 2007
Got early Radiation release May 29, 2007 - DONE!!!!!

carepage: PrayersforPatti
Big D, Texas
Cyndi89

• Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 6025
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, August 17, 2008 12:15 PM
I am a recently diagnosed triple negative.  I've had a 2.02 cm in my right breast and I decided to do a bi-lateral mast.  I had expanders put in right after surgery.

I am currently preparing for my chemo regimen and I keep hoping that my oncologist and I have made the right decision.  Instead of 4 of AC followed by 4 of Taxol, he is going with 3 of Epirubicin/Cytoxen followed by 3 of Taxol. I am aldo going with dose dense (every 2 weeks).

Has anyone else had those drugs?
IDC, right breast 2.2cm, nodes 4/6+
Stage II, triple negative
Bil mast 7/08 with recon (expander)
Chem - dose dense AC/Taxol completed 12/30/08
Rad - 28 treatments 
Rena

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, August 17, 2008 1:08 PM
Patti, thanks for your kind words. It sure sounds as though you're doing everything right for your bones. Cyndi, I just want to wish you well with the chemo. I had different drugs than you're having, so I can't comment. I hope someone here will have some info for you. Gail, I guess I got my "C" states confused. I hope you're enjoying your time back in Colorado. When do you return to CT? I'm trying madly to get all my work done before I leave for NJ on Thursday. My husband has been gone for two weeks and gets back tonight. The next few days (including our anniversary on Wednesday) will be a whirlwind, and then I'm off. Feeling just a bit stressed. BUT life is very good, so I will complain no longer. All my very best to you incredible ladies. Love, Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Sadie Rose

• Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, August 18, 2008 10:09 PM
Hi Rena,
I was just thinking about you tonight and wondering how you were doing with your husband gone.  Then I saw you mentioned he got back.  I was away for a few day.  Went down the Oregon coast and spent a few days at the beach.  I had a great time, but it feels good to be home.  I'm getting ready for work tomorrow, but just wanted to say hi!

Hi to everyone else too!

Warmly,
Sadie[sm=hello.gif]
Rena

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:30 PM
Hi Sadie and all. Sadie, your time at the beach must have been nice. How is work going? I finally have finished all the jobs I had to do before I leave town on Thursday. Tomorrow, for our anniversary, David and are going on the Elkhorn Safari--it's a pontoon boat tour of the Elkhorn Slough, an inland waterway that goes to the ocean. It's known for its abundant wildlife. We'll see all sorts of birds, seals, and, hopefully, otters. It's a real "tourist" activity and something we just have never gotten around to doing, so we thought it would make a nice anniversary treat. I hope you all have a good weekend and week. I'll be with my sister in NJ until the 26th, but I'll check in to see how everyone is. If you think of it, on Thursday, throw me a birthday wish--I'll be flying over this beautiful country on my way to NJ. This one is #59--just one more year of being a 50-something! Take care everyone. Love, Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Gail Srebnik

• Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:34 PM
Sadie, Jess told me he got your note. Many thanks for looking him up. rena, a very Happy BDay and safe travels (oh yes and also anniversary). I leave tomorrow so I won't have internet till Saturday (I think). Take care all! Blessings,Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade
Rena

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:47 PM
Thanks, Gail. You have a safe trip, also.
Love,
Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 28 of 135, messages 271 to 280 of 1341

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll