Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Triple Negative-How are you doing?
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 31 of 135, messages 301 to 310 of 1341
Sadie Rose

• Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, August 30, 2008 6:40 PM
Hi Barb,

So glad you joined us.  You finished chemo and that is great.  Feeling really nervous after you finish treatment is really pretty typical for TNs.

Suddenly you are without the constant reassurance and check ups are spread out.  What you have to hang on to is that you have done everything you can to fight cancer.  Now you can focus on getting back to your life.  It helped me to try to focus on getting healthy and strong again.  Things like acupuncture, massage, exercise, and even physical therapy can be useful.  It gets easier as time goes on.  Your confidence will build with each NED scan.

Take care and keep posting.

Warmly,
Sadie
Barb 123

• Total Posts : 127
  • Reward points : 480
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, August 30, 2008 7:04 PM
Thanks Sadie for your support. I was also stage 2, grade 3 with one
positive node. I had 4AC and 4taxotere. No radiation because I chose to have a bilateral mastectomy. I am glad to hear that it is normal to feel scared after treatment . Thanks again for your reply. It helps to hear from other TN people like you.

Barb
dx1-3-08, age 61, Mother died 1-2-89 of bc
IDC 1.6cm tumor lft with 1 sen node pos out of 27, GR3, chose bilateral mass, done 1-21-08
Brac1 and Brac2 blood test negative! last chemo July 3rd 2008.Mpls, MN
Sadie Rose

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, September 01, 2008 9:13 PM
Hi Barb,

Just thinking about you tonight and wondering how you are doing. 

Sending you positive thoughts~~~~~~~~~~~.

Warmly,
Sadie

Barb 123

• Total Posts : 127
  • Reward points : 480
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, September 01, 2008 10:18 PM
Hi Sadie,

I was just going to bed and I decided to check my email. I am so glad that I did because I really needed some positive thoughts. For some reason I started thinking about my Doctor telling me that I have a 43% chance of a recurrance . I haven't let myself think about statistics for a long time because it just gets me depressed and I know that it is just a number. I am usually pretty positive so I don't know what got into me tonight, but when I read your email it really helped to know that someone was thinking of me. Thankyou so much. Take care.

Barb
dx1-3-08, age 61, Mother died 1-2-89 of bc
IDC 1.6cm tumor lft with 1 sen node pos out of 27, GR3, chose bilateral mass, done 1-21-08
Brac1 and Brac2 blood test negative! last chemo July 3rd 2008.Mpls, MN
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, September 03, 2008 9:19 AM
Hi everyone. Barb, congratulations on finishing! As Sadie said, your feelings are completely normal. I think the first three years were the hardest for me, but with each passing month, I felt more and more secure. You're right to try not to focus on the statistics. I was told I had a poor prognosis, and here I am, alive and well, 22 years later.

Sadie, how are you doing? I hope you're doing well and enjoying that early fall weather in Seattle.

Gail, Karen, and everyone else (forgive me--I'm so bad with names)--I hope you're all doing well, too.

I'm enjoying some down time after an onslaught of work. Now I just have to wait to get paid, and that sometimes takes a while. My next projects include: 1) stripping the kitchen wallpaper, which Joey and Phoebe have destroyed with their little cat claws, and painting the kitchen; and 2) getting my cholesterol under control. I'm sure I'll enjoy project #1 lot more! I took Pravachol for two months, and my cholesterol went UP!! Go figure.

Take care, everyone.

Love,
Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
free2bme

• Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, September 03, 2008 10:11 AM
Hi Rena,

Just thought I'd bring you up to date on my DIL's progress with chemo. Yesterday she went for her 3rd session, and before the session her oncologist told her that the tumor in her lymph node has reduced from 4cm to 1cm and that the 3cm tumor in her breast is now 1 cm. We are all amazed that she's reacting so well to chemo, and of course we're extremely grateful. 5 more chemo sessions to go!

Hope all is good with you.....

Elliot

Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, September 03, 2008 11:14 AM
Elliot, thanks for the update. That's fantastic news! They say that triple negatives respond well to chemo, and I'm so glad it's proving true for your DIL. I hope that the treatments have not been too hard for her. She certainly has a lot of great support. I'm doing well, thanks. In three days, I'll celebrate 22 years since my diagnosis. Keep us posted, OK? Take care, Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Sadie Rose

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, September 03, 2008 10:54 PM

Hi Rena,

I'm doing great.  We had a beautiful day today in the NW.  I'm a little closer to Portland than Seattle. We're just getting a touch of color in the leaves. October will bring even more color.  It is my favorite month.  I love sweater weather!

I've had a little stress today because the Department of Environmental Services met with the people in my office building to tell us they will be doing some ground work and road work for the next 6 months in our parking lot and the road that goes around our building.  I've been looking at new spaces, but the thought of moving is too challenging to think about so I'm writing to you.  LOL

In just two more days you will hit 22 years!!  Your story sure touches all of us who look ahead toward the future.  How are you going to celebrate?

Hope you have a restful evening.

Warmly,
Sadie

Gail Srebnik

• Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, September 04, 2008 7:05 PM
I am working very late and only have a few minutes here or I'll be sleeping at school but I wanted you all to know I created a star on the SU2C page for us all..it's called Komen Triple Negative Sisters! Be well, Blessings,Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade
Bou1

• Total Posts : 217
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, September 06, 2008 4:57 PM
Hi all you wonderful TN ladies,

Well I had my first treatment of taxol and carboplatin and also the neulasta shot after. I did ok except for the bone pain 2 days later. That is the worst but I finally got over it. I have slight numbing in my feet don't know if that is suppose to happen but its ok.  So I have one down 3 to go. Does anyone know if you are suppose to loose your hair with taxol or some have said it grows back? I have about a half an inch of new hair growth so Im wondering if I will loose that.
Well I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Cindy
Miami, FL 
IDC 12/20/07
Stage 2, Grade 3 strong fam. History
Triple -BRCA 1&2 - 
Chemo 6 rounds TAC, Carbo & Taxol 4 rounds
Bilateral mast. 7/29/08w/exp.
Exchange surgery 10/23/08
carepage Cindysjourney2008
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 31 of 135, messages 301 to 310 of 1341

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll