Triple Negative-How are you doing?

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 10 of 68, messages 181 to 200 of 1341
Sadie Rose
  • Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, July 02, 2008 3:40 PM
Hi Rena,
Hope you found the magic medication, at least one that works for you.  Our weather has cooled down a bit.  It looks like a very pleasant 4th of July.  I'm looking forward to a relaxed weekend.  Maybe I'll take a trip to the nursery and buy a tree to plant in our yard.  We want it to look like a forest.

How does the hernia impact you?  Does it impact your movement or the foods you eat?  I'm going to have to adjust my diet.  My last test scans showed a mild colitis.  Many healthy foods were on the list to avoid.  Of course lots of fun stuff has to go.  I think it will help me get healthier.

A healthy life for 22 years is a tremendous gift.  Here's wishing you 22 more.

Warmly,
Sadie

Gail Srebnik
  • Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, July 02, 2008 8:49 PM
Hi Sadie! Our adventure this time took us first to Aztec New mexico where the Aztec Ruins are. The dwellers (Anasazi)who lived here from 1000 through the late 1200s are referred to as Ancestral Pueblo People by current day pueblos inhabitants.Their civilization was vast and extended from Chaco Canyon (about 80 miles south of Aztec) through Mesa Verde and North into the Pagosa Springs area of southern Colorado. There were over 100,000 people living in these dwellings throughout their occupation. Their civilization lasted longer then the USA has been established. You can see some pictures of what is left and what has been partially resoted at http://photos1.ghostweb.com/aztec3.html
When i fist came to this area my then boy friend (now hubby) took me to Chaco Canyon and I was hooked. There is a certain feeling I get being in a place built by hand that has lasted so long.

As to my summer trips..our son is in Eugene,OR. We will be in the area for about 2 weeks and plan to go up to ST. Helen's, Portland and maybe a bit further north into WA.

Blessings,Gail

dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, July 02, 2008 11:15 PM

Gail,
Wow, it is truly is amazing!  How healing it must have been to walk through a sacred site.  What a find to uncover the basic items of everyday life. The simple things needed for daily life probably tell a lot about their culture. Do you know what their religious or spiritual beliefs were?
How has your day gone today? Hope you have a wonderful holiday.
Warmly,
Sadie

In The Pink
  • Total Posts : 39
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, July 02, 2008 11:19 PM
Hi Sadie,

Wow, you finally added a signature!  I had not seen that before on your messages and have wondered about you.  I was wondering how come the Triple Negatives didn't have thier own Title in the message forum...we can only post through sound off.  Just curious.

Penny - Orange,CA Age 48
Penny's Posies (Team Name) - Race For The Cure 9/28/08
DX=3/2008 - 6/2008
IDC, Stage III, Pos. Lymph Node Triple -,
Chemo - starting July 15, 2008
Mastectomy
Radiation
Participating in 3 clinical trials

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, July 02, 2008 11:43 PM
Hi Penny,

I started a thread called. "Triple Negative How Are You Doing?" It seems to stay pretty close to the top of the lists of topics because people are posting there. 

Sounds like it was hard for someone new to find it though.  I wonder what we could do about that?

How are you doing this week?  Hope you have some fun plans for the weekend.

Warmly,
Sadie

In The Pink
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, July 02, 2008 11:50 PM
Hi Sadie,
I was feeling pretty rocky this morning just because I had a long day with the onc office yesterday.  Saw the doctor briefly and selected my chemo plan...doing another study...I posted today titled Starting Chemo July 15 that might explain some things.  I have never slept well or at least since we started taking care of parents in 2003 but now with my own problems my mind does not rest. My cancer is in my face sort of speak every moment because I can feel it.  I know when chemo starts I will relax and know something is happening in a good way even though I may feel crummy but there is always a give and take.  I'm ok, just the scheduled seemed too much but am fine now.
Penny - Orange,CA Age 48
DX=3/2008 - 6/2008
Mastectomy
Radiation

In The Pink
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, July 03, 2008 9:03 AM
Hi Rena,
I am sorry I did not reply to this when you first posted.  Thank you for your kind words about Mom's.  I am sorry for your loss nine years ago.  I too have those split second thoughts about calling Mom and then realize...can't. 
Hope you are doing well.
Penny - Orange,CA Age 48
DX=3/2008 - 6/2008
Mastectomy
Radiation

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, July 03, 2008 9:55 PM
Hi In the Pink,
Just thinking about you and wondering how you are doing today?  Do you have plans for the long weekend?  I hope you can take a break from all of the cancer worry knowing you have your path set now. 

Wishing you a peaceful weekend.

Warmly,
Sadie

In The Pink
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, July 04, 2008 12:15 PM
Hello Sadie,

I do not have any plans for this weekend...I have been trying to clean up the backyard a bit so we can sit outside to have a meal today.  I put some little flags out in the plants and my husband put the big flag out.  Dad is very patriotic so he makes sure we do that.  Its about 82 degrees as I write this and we have a nice cross breeze in th house.  I am cranky again and have a hard time shaking that.  I don't know why I cannot just deal with it.  I am really trying.  Really.  There are lots of things I have to make peace with regarding my diagnosis and that is for me to work out.  I had my first breast mri yesterday.  That was quite the machine.  I found it a bit uncomfortable as my arms went to sleep and when the nurse warned me that the contrast dye would now be going in and would feel cold, I could not even feel it.  Glad they gave me ear plugs.  I just sang songs in my head that matched the beat of the knocking noises!  I can't wait to  see those images! Have a pleasant holiday weekend.  I hope you are feeling well and thanks for checking in on me!
Penny - Orange,CA Age 48
DX=3/2008 - 6/2008
Mastectomy
Radiation

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, July 04, 2008 12:15 PM
Hi Sadie, Gail, Penny, Coco, and everyone! I'm writing from Grand Cayman Island. Wow, this place is gorgeous! My husband, my sister and I rented a condo on the beach. The water is turquoise and just the right temperature (unlike the Pacific where I live, where it's so cold that if you fall in, you've got hypothermia within 4 minutes!). We just got here yesterday and we're so relaxed already. I hope you are all having a happy, healthy 4th of July. Penny, wishing you well with your treatments. Love to all, Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

In The Pink
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, July 04, 2008 12:19 PM
Rena, That sounds like the perfect retreat!  I am with you in spirit!
Enjoy your time together.[sm=hello.gif]
Penny - Orange,CA Age 48
DX=3/2008 - 6/2008
Mastectomy
Radiation

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, July 04, 2008 7:36 PM
I want to wish a very Happy 4th of July to:

Rena, Gail, Penny, Kathy, Sue, Coco, Mary Lou, Patti, Pam, Ann. Kathy. JP, Texan Granny,Lymn, Allison, Bonnie, Marjie, Karan, Ellen, Lisa, Julie and anyone I might have missed by accident.

I hope you are all having a perfect day with those you love around you.

Warmly,
Sadie

Gail Srebnik
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, July 05, 2008 2:29 PM
Hi Sadie, I hope your Fourth was grand. Our's was quite and then we topped it off sitting on our deck looking across the valley (we are high on a mesa) at the Town fireworks! Once again, it seems to be every year, the firworks went on for 10 minutes and then the fires started! Sometimes I think they do the fireworks just to give the fire department practice. LOL Anyways, it was entertaining and they contained it in half an hour. I hope everyone is having a nice week-end. Blessings,Gail
PS. Sadie, email me your home contact info as i would love to meet you when we head to OR, etc.

dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, July 06, 2008 11:00 PM
Hi Gail,
I sent you an email.

Sadie

Rena
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, July 11, 2008 6:39 AM
Hi everyone. Just wanted to check in and say I hope you're all doing well. I'm in NJ now, on the last leg of my vacation. I'll get home on Monday, and I'm looking forward to being home. Even though our trip has been great, I think that home is my favorite place, and I miss my three cats. I've learned some things about myself on this trip, most notably how stress affects me. I know that I get stressed easily, but it became even more apparent on this trip--that is, how great I can feel when stress is absent. I have my work cut out for me when I get home. It's something I have to get under control. So many challenges in life. Take good care, friends. Love, Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, July 11, 2008 5:14 PM
Hi Rena.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation, but home is very sweet isn't it?  I love coming in the front door for the first time after returning from a trip and just looking around.  I always see family pictures and my favorite things.  I even like unpacking and putting all my things in place.  Then I seek my special chair.  Home-Sweet-Home is what I am thinking about at that moment. 

Hope you have a peaceful last let of your trip and a welcoming homecoming.

Warmly,
Sadie

Gail Srebnik
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, July 12, 2008 10:37 AM
Good day all you lovely triple survivors! I am off in a few first for
accupuncture and then an early lunch with friends before heading into
the wilds of Colorado with 2 women i take excursions with every summer.
I'll be back late Sunday and who knows what goodies I may find! I just
wanted to wish all a peaceful, painlfree, week-end. I was out last
night with 2 other couples and one couple are both medical retirees.
The former MD told me about the research end of things and that many in
his field believe the next generation will find all cancers to be
chronic ,treatable, conditions! That made me feel good thinking about
our children and grandchildren and the many other women this could
affect. Blessings,Gail
PS. i posted this also on Jill's thread.

dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, July 14, 2008 11:08 PM
Hi Everyone,

It has been a little quiet here so I wanted to check in on everyone.  Hope you are all having a restful week and that you have friends and family around you. 

Warmly,
Sadie

Gail Srebnik
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:13 AM
Hi Folks! Our trip was uneventful ..We tried to  escape our smokey skies but alas smoke was
everywhere. So, we settled on traveling through mountain passes I have never been
on and we hit 3 that were all over 11,000 feet. I am considering a grand canyon river trip for next summer and have one of my traveling gals and Dave wanting to go too. This summer has been harder in some ways then last. The high i felt last year having completed treatment isn't there now and maybe the CLL dx put a damper on my enthusiasm. My energy is not great and so i am rethinking extensive travels West right now. I am hoping if I don't get to you Rena and Judy and Patti, etc. I will catch up with you in IN in October. We may drive a bit further north this time and come in to WA state and then to OR. I'm still trying to figure out how much I can handle. I hope this finds you all doing well. Blessings,Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07

Rena
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:37 AM
Hi everyone. We got home yesterday. It was a wonderful vacation but I'm glad to be home--despite the 60 degree weather and the air filled with a mixture of fog and smoke! I hope you're all doing well. Gail, I'm sorry to hear you might not make it here, but I really do understand. Sometimes there's just so much we can do, and then we have to let ourselves be quiet, still, and maybe a little more introspective than usual. That pretty much describes the way I am most of the time. I'm not an outgoing person, so for me to do social things, especially big groups, takes a lot of energy. Nevertheless, I WILL be in Indiana in October (I'll have Ilene to hold my hand, and she's possibly the most social person I know!), so I hope to see you then, Gail. Sadie, how have you been? Penny, Kathy, Coco, Pam, who am I forgetting?-I hope you're having a good summer! Love, Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 10 of 68, messages 181 to 200 of 1341