Triple Negative-How are you doing?

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 17 of 68, messages 321 to 340 of 1341
Texas Granny
  • Total Posts : 77
  • Reward points : 1565
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:52 PM
Hello everyone

Rena, I am so sorry that you are having problems. hope that you will get some answers and good results soon.

Sadie, thanks for starting this thread.  Several years ago my blood sugar was elevated and I brought it down with diet and exercise, but have not kept up with them recently.  My blood tests still show it higher than it should be. 

Recently I had been having lower back pain, but after an x ray, the diagnosis was arthritis.  The arthritis since chemo has been worse in the knees and hips, but I don't know if it was due to the chemo or just aging.  Also I have not been attending my water fitness classes which helped so much.

But on the bright side, I feel good most days, still working over 40 hrs per week and bringing work home each nite. ( I will be 67 in a few weeks).  It is so good to hear about other triple negatives.

Last nite I attended a Komen Survivor Celebration.  The mistress of ceremonies was a breast cancer survivor and currently battling bile duct cancer with chemo and radiation.  She wore a fanny pack and I wondered if that was her chemo pump.  One of the ladies on the program kept carrying around a back pack  - and then I discovered she had a large bandage on her forearm with a tube attached.   Their courage and determination is to be admired.

Take care everyone and hugs to each of you.

Texas Granny

Sadie Rose
  • Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:38 AM
Hi All,

I've been moving my office and trying to get a new one painted and set up.  It has been a little stressful.  I have been reading to keep up with everyone.  I just haven't posted in a while.  Just wanted yoiu to know you all have been on my mind.  I'll write more on the weekend.

Warmly,
Sadie

Gail Srebnik
  • Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:02 PM
Hi folks! I'm not moving like Sadie but school is very busy right now but I think about all of you often and send out my positive vibes to one and all with lots of love attached. Blessings, Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, September 19, 2008 12:11 AM
Granny, Sadie and Gail, it's good to hear from you. Granny, what kind of work do you do? I hope to never retire completely because I feel happier when I'm working. Sadie and Gail, don't work too hard!! I hope you all have a good weekend. xoxo Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, September 19, 2008 8:58 AM
Hi Rena,
Thanks for the weekend wish.  I go to see my oncologist in a couple of hours.  I haven't worried about it much until a couple of days ago.  I feel pretty good except every time I eat anything my whole adominal area destends and can be quite tight and uncomfortable.  I stopped taking one of my medications and that is helping some.  Maybe my oncologist will have an idea of what is going on. 

How are you doing today?

Gail and Granny and all.  I hope you are getting to enjoy some of the touches of fall approaching.  Have a fun weekend.

Warmly,
Sadie

Rena
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, September 19, 2008 10:00 AM
Sadie, I'll be thinking about you. I hope your oncologist can help you with the bloating problem. Let us know. I'm doing OK, thanks. I'm hoping to get some helpful answers from my doctors over the next few days, too. I'm grateful it's nothing serious--just uncomfortable and annoying. The sun is shining this morning, and my beautiful boy Joey is atop his cat tree by the window where the sun is streaming in. It's a very peaceful scene and just the way I'd like life to be all the time! With the exception of having to "wrangle" Audrey into the cat carrier and haul her off to the vet (where they run for cover when 'bad' Audrey comes in), I expect to have a very peaceful day. Can't say the same for poor Audrey--or for the vet. Keep smiling, everyone!! Love, Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

lesanna
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, September 20, 2008 2:23 PM
I am trying to survive chemo.  It seems I have a new disease a week...
3 cm. tumor triple negative removed by lumpectomy
Nodes and margins negative
Stage 2A
53 years old

I have had 4 ACT treatments.  Two more to go.  In the meantime, have experienced infection due to low white blood count, lost 10 pounds in one week, came down with shingles, this week had DVTs in one leg.  Shingles infection treated and did not have severe symptoms, DVT treated as well and clots seem to be dissolving.  Having some concerns about two additional treatments and then radiation.  Original port never worked and had to have it replaced. 
I am trying to look forward, but hoping I have no more surprises. 

Originally told, I would not miss much work, but am ending up missing 8 days each three week cycle due to complications. 

A few days after chemo started, my grandmother broke her hip and was in and out of hospital for 6 weeks and eventually died, also had to put dog asleep during the chemo.  Stress has been high.

With all of this, still have good morale, but wonder if I should be more worried.

signature

Lisa11388
  • Total Posts : 425
  • Reward points : 5135
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, September 20, 2008 3:28 PM
Holy cow Lesanna!  Sometimes bad things seem to come in groups.  I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother, and your dog too. Its good you are trying to keep your morale up.  A good attitude is crucial.  I'm sorry you have had such a rough time.  I had A/C also, but had 6 treatments instead of 4.  Best of luck with the remaining treatments.  Are you having Taxol after the A/C?  Are you getting Nuelasta shots for you white blood cells?  Check in here often to vent, ask, or whatever.  We understand.
Lisa Long
Central Illinois
dx 8-29-05 age 43
mast & lat flap 9-30-05
triple neg brca neg
4.5 cm node neg
6 a/c followed by 5 taxol 10/05-3/06
28 rads 5/06-6/06
Currently NED

lesanna
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, September 20, 2008 5:53 PM
Thanks for your comment.  I have had 4 AC plus Taxotere with the plan to have 6 AC plus taxotere treatments.  At the time this was planned, I was told this treatment provided the best outcome for the BC I had.  It is a little tougher regimen.  On the positive side, the doctors have been able to address everything, but I wonder what might happen next. However, some symptoms have decreased as the treatments continued, so that is positive.  I am taking the Neulesta shots, but that did not work the first treatment, but must be working overall, because when I come in for Chemo, my blood is always ok.  

This is a helpful board to talk to people who have triple negative as I run into few who are. 

Rena
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, September 20, 2008 8:02 PM
Hi Lesanna. You ask if you should worry more. No! You've been given enough to worry about, and you've dealt with everything as best you could. And it sounds as though you're doing a great job of it. Your good morale will go a long way toward helping you get through the rest of your treatments. I'm very sorry about your grandmother and about your dog. As Lisa said, troubles do seem to come in bunches. I hope that your stress lightens soon. Im glad you found this thread. Take care. Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, September 20, 2008 8:15 PM

Hi Rena,
How are you doing today?  Did I track it correctly, you see your doctor next week?  My appointment went well.  I won't see my oncologist for 6 months.  She said she is not worried about me anymore.  The abdominal problem my be partly to the medication I was taking to maintain a lower blood sugar lever.  It was metformin.  I stopped taking it and I did a little better, but that causes my blood sugar to rise.  The other choices cause weight gain, so I don't want to do that. 

Where has your blood sugar been?  Have you been dealing with it for awhile?

Hope you little critters are doing okay.

Warmly,
Sadie

Rena
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, September 20, 2008 9:00 PM
Hi Sadie! That's great news about your appt. I'm so glad that she's not worried about you! I hope your stomach improves. Isn't it frustrating how a pill to make one thing better makes another thing worse? Darn blood sugar! Mine is still hovering around 110--pre-diabetic, they tell me. I just don't understand why it's suddenly doing this. On Monday I'll see my gastroenterologist and I'll see if he can explain why the Nexium suddenly stopped working and what my options are now. I also have been advised by a cardiologist to have a coronary calcium scan--essentially a non-invasive CT scan that looks for calcium deposits in the coronary arteries. I'm not having symptoms, but my cholesterol is sky high, and I haven't had any luck with the medications I've tried so far. He feels that this test, because it will show how much, if any, blockage exists in my arteries, will help us decide how aggressively my high cholesterol should be treated. So, that's where things stand with me right now.

The critters are fine, thanks, and just give me so much joy. So what if the furniture and the wallpaper (yes, the wallpaper!) are torn to shreds?

Aside from the abdominal problems, how are you doing? Are you all moved into your new office? Things must have been chaotic for a while.

Today, Judy B. and I drove to Berkeley (about 2 hours north of me) to meet Patti Hadrava for lunch. Patti is a survivor that we met on Komen. She's a sweetheart! We ate a restaurant at the Berkeley Marina. Judy and I agreed that the food was mediocre, but the expansive views of San Francisco Bay were amazing. And the company, of course, was wonderful. Judy and I had a little adventure on the way there thanks to my terrible sense of direction. It involved a wrong turn, a $4 toll, a trip halfway across the Bay Bridge, and an unscheduled tour of Treasure Island, a tiny island that houses a Naval Station.

Please keep me posted about your stomach and how you're getting along. I would love to meet you sometime , Sadie. Think you'll ever get down this way? It's a great place for a vacation!!

Love xoxo.
Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, September 20, 2008 10:55 PM

Hi Rena,

I would love to meet you too.  I've been thinking it would be fun to come down to San Fransisco. I have fond memories of the city. I have a horrible sense of direction so I am sure I would get to take the scenic route too.
I'm really doing pretty well. I especially feel better when I don't take the metformin. The week was stressful trying to blend in with my new building mates. I am always overly in tune to others when I am entering their space. It is starting to feel better though. They are really nice.
I have a little critter too. She is a Caryn terrier. She spent the day by my side today. We were home alone. I do a little yoga routine and get down on the floor. She lies beside me and when she is feeling playful she crawls in and out from my legs as I raise my back off the floor. It always makes me laugh.
I've been trying to figure out colors for my office. The office has this dark teal (more blue than green trim.) I have black cherry colored chairs. The walls are white right now. The contrast is way too strong. So I want to tone things down. Now I have to update my paperwork and transfer my phone. Just lots of little things to remember.
I was a beautiful day here in the NW. The squirrels are romping everywhere. Maybe that means a cold winter because they seem to be franticly searching for nuts. Of course my little dog loves to give them chase.
Well, I got a little wordy here. I hope you all everyone else has a restful night.
Warmly,
Sadie

Lisa11388
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, September 21, 2008 12:26 PM
Rena,
Your travel woes made me laugh.  My son used to play travel soccer.  My husband has a back injury and is unable to travel very far, so it was my mom and I who did the traveling.  I drove, and my mother was the "navigator".  I have learned that this is not one of her stronger talents!  There wasnt a trip that went by that we werent turning around in a parking lot after driving too far and saying "there it was" with a point backwards.  I accidentally blew through a toll booth once, and got chased down by an elderly women who blocked me in to yell at me because I accidently pulled out in front of her at a stop sign.  I guess its a good thing my son doesnt play travel soccer anymore!..If only they had GPS back then!  I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch and the scenic views.  Looking forward to Breast-Fest!  See you then, if we find our way there!
Lisa Long
Central Illinois
dx 8-29-05 age 43
mast & lat flap 9-30-05
triple neg brca neg
4.5 cm node neg
28 rads 5/06-6/06
Currently NED

Rena
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, September 21, 2008 12:34 PM
Hi Sadie and Lisa. Sadie, your dog sounds very sweet. Our animals really can be like our children once the kids have grown up and left home. As a cat lover (fanatic?), I'm always surprised when I hear cat skeptics say that cats are not friendly or that you can't bond with them. Not true. Heck, I think you could develop a relationship with a snail if you lived with it long enough! Enjoy your office decorating and your new officemates.

Lisa, you had me laughing. Thank goodness American Airlines will get Ilene and me as far as Fort Wayne. The rest of the way to Aurora remains to be seen! If we don't show up, just raise a glass to us at dinner. We'll be out exploring northern Indiana!

Have a great day, everyone.

Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Lisa11388
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, September 21, 2008 5:32 PM
Rena,
I think we are staying in Fort Wayne Friday evening also.  We will probably pass each other going in opposite directions.  And by the way, you are going to Angola, not Aurora.  Aurora is in Illinois!  This time we have GPS, so hopefully we will get there!  Have a good evening.
Lisa Long
Central Illinois
dx 8-29-05 age 43
mast & lat flap 9-30-05
triple neg brca neg
4.5 cm node neg
28 rads 5/06-6/06
Currently NED

Rena
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, September 21, 2008 6:32 PM
Oy! I'll be at the Ramada Inn in Aurora Friday night saying, "Where the heck IS everyone??" Thank goodness I'll have sensible Ilene with me! Honestly, I'm just getting more and more ditzy with age. I used to get in the car alone and drive cross-country with no problem--although if you're on the east coast and head west, I suppose you're bound to find the west coast eventually. Are you actually staying in Fort Wayne Fri night? We're renting a car and driving on to Angola that night. Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

ittap
  • Total Posts : 46
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:02 PM
Hi Sadie,

I also have a Caryn terrier who mankes me laugh a lot. We think she is a little nutty. She is afraid of her own shadow and has some strange habits. I also have a 15 year old Westie who has a very fiesty personality. She is, however, starting to have some problems related to her age. We are going to keep her around as long as she is comfortable which I hope is a looooong time. I love my terriers!!!!!
      Do you know the joke where the kid asks if there are dogs in heaven and the parent replies it wouldn't be heaven without them? One of  my favorite lines....

Love,

Patti
signature Patti
12/06 dx Stage III followed by "the works"
8/08 Stage IV bone mets

Lisa11388
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, September 21, 2008 8:40 PM
We are staying in Fort Wayne Friday night.  It was too long of a drive for Saturday morning from home, so were heading out Friday and then going on to Angola Saturday.  There were no flights out of our local airport, I would have had to either drive to Chicago or fly up there and then on to Fort Wayne and rent a car.  Seemed easier just to drive.  Although i'm not sure it will be cheaper!  Are you going to get to visit your sister while you're in the neighborhood?
Lisa Long
Central Illinois
dx 8-29-05 age 43
mast & lat flap 9-30-05
triple neg brca neg
4.5 cm node neg
28 rads 5/06-6/06
Currently NED

Gail Srebnik
  • Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, September 22, 2008 6:08 AM
Hi everyone! A quick comment or two as the kids start arriving this morning. Dave and I are staying in the Ramada where Rena and Illene are! Yippeee! Rena, you guys can follow us to Angola or we can all sneak down there early eve Friday in one car. I am so happy we will be joining everyone.

Hi to you all! I hope this week brings some calm to those hurting and peace and joy to all. Blessings, Gail

dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 17 of 68, messages 321 to 340 of 1341