Triple Negative-How are you doing?

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 2 of 68, messages 21 to 40 of 1341
Sadie Rose
  • Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, November 26, 2007 7:10 PM
Coco,
If I am tracking correctly, you start chemo therapy tomorrow.  Just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts.  When I had treatment I had chemotherapy on Thursdays and then went to work on Monday or Tuesday.  I had to go back in on Fridays to get an injection that would raise my white cell blood counts.  I would go back to work at the beginning of the next week.  I worked throughout all of my treatment, but I had a job that allowed me to go home and rest for an hour or so. 

I/m sending you positive vibes~~~~~~~~~.
Sadie

Coco
  • Total Posts : 125
  • Reward points : 4950
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, November 26, 2007 7:22 PM
Sadie,  Thanks.  I too have a job that offers great flexability.  I also have a husband who is an MD and can give me the shots at home.  It doesn't get any better than this.
Age 67
DX 10/8/07
10/29/07 LUMPECTOMY RT BREAST INVASIVE DUCTAL CARCINOMA
LYMPH NODES NEG Stage 1 Grade 3
Triple negative
4 cycles of Taxotere and Cytoxan Finished 1/29/08
35 Rads finished 4/11/08
Malvern, Pa

Karan
  • Total Posts : 18
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, November 26, 2007 7:28 PM
Hi Sadie.....thanks for the information....I tried typing in tnbc foundation......but couldnot get it....am I doing something wrong?  Val

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, November 26, 2007 8:02 PM

Hi Val,
It should work.  You can type in triple negative breast cancer foundation.  If I leave off the word foundation, I don't get anything.  If that doesn't work let me know and I get more information for you.
Sadie

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, November 26, 2007 8:03 PM
Coco,
No. it doesn't get better than that!
Sadie

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, November 26, 2007 8:05 PM
Val,
If that didn't work for you try this:  http://www.tnbcfoundation.org/tnbc/Home.asp

Sadie

Karan
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:33 AM
thank you Saidie...the last info worked.  And a lot of information is there....I will enjoy reading it tonight.  Val..  Trying to do lots before Friday.

Julie Anne
  • Total Posts : 313
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, November 27, 2007 2:59 PM
One more triple negative for the roll call!
I was diagnosed June 1, 2007 and had a lumpectomy soon after.
Twelve nodes in all were removed (as the SNB failed) but they were all negative. I have finished 15 weekly adriamycin treatments with cytoxan daily orally. I just had my 2nd (of 6) taxol treatment, then have radiation to look forward too! Chemo has been a very long road due to the clinical trial I am doing, (27 weeks instead of 16) but since it is our best weapon, I decided to go for it!~

♥Julie Anne
46 YO dx 6-1-07
lumpect 6-11-07
IDC 3.9cm tumor R breast
T2,G3 node neg
triple neg
Clinical Trial
A/C 15 weeks
Taxol 12 weeks
Rads finished 3-08
METS spine, liver and brain dx 11-08
Rads 12-08 to spine
Gamma Knife to brain 1-09
carepage juliesprogress

Coco
  • Total Posts : 125
  • Reward points : 4950
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:26 PM
I'm doing great.  I went to the gym this afternoon.  Hopefuly I'll continue to feel this way.  I'm sure going to try.
Age 67
DX 10/8/07
10/29/07 LUMPECTOMY RT BREAST INVASIVE DUCTAL CARCINOMA
LYMPH NODES NEG Stage 1 Grade 3
Triple negative
4 cycles of Taxotere and Cytoxan Finished 1/29/08
35 Rads finished 4/11/08
Malvern, Pa

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:32 PM
HI Julie Ann,
Welcome to this thread for those of us with triple negative cancers. Sounds like you are moving along with your treatments.  I remember when I got to radiation, I thought it was a piece of cake.  Even though I had to go everyday, once I got in a routine it clicked by.

Hope you continue to do well with your new treatments.
Sadie

ellieb
  • Total Posts : 95
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:16 PM
Hi Sadie and all,

I'm triple negative also and had a bilateral mast. in Jan 07.  I finished four rounds of A/C at the end of March and just had my permanent implants put in.  I saw my family doctor yesterday and he is sending me for a post chemo echocardiogram tomorrow.  He is a little concerned about my fatigue but I've had four surgeries this year and the last was just three weeks ago.  Also, I can't sleep like so many of us so that has to contribute.  I don't look for any heart problems.

I go back to the oncologist on 12/11 for another three month check up and that is the one that scares me.  I was diagnosed a year ago and I feel pretty good all things considered.  I just hate the anxiety that comes with checkups and I haven't gotten to the point where I don't think of cancer everyday.  I almost panic when I walk back into that waiting room.   I know Rena from the sound off board and she is awesome - 21 years.  I hope we are all so blessed.

Ellen
DX 12/2/06, IDC, stage 1, no nodes
triple negative
Bi-lat mast. 1/2/07 with expanders
4 A/C finished 3/23/07
exchange surgery 11/8/07
55, grandmother of 2 girls

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:54 PM
Hi everyone. I feel as though we've started our own Triple Negative club! I'm happy to be in such good company. Ellen, good luck at your onc appt. I remember pretty vividly the days of waking up thinking about cancer and going to bed thinking about it too. The only thing that distracted me from it during the day was running around after my two-year-old--she was a blessing (and still is at age 23). That DOES change. Little by little, as the weeks, months and years pass, you'll find yourself simply NOT thinking about cancer every minute of the day. Julie, that's a long haul, 27 weeks! I had mine once a week for a year, so I can commiserate. My doses were not as high as the dose-dense chemo they tend to do now, though; otherwise, I might not have made it through the year alive! It's not easy what you're all doing, but with 21 years of hindsight, I believe it's well worth it! Sending all my best to you wonderful women. Love, Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:51 PM

Hi Ellen,
I think Rena’s words were eloquently put. It gets easier over time!
One thought I had for you is that the body has memory. We know this from people who have experienced trauma. Even when someone who has experienced trauma feels safe the old feeling and old reactions can be triggered again. For example, if someone was in a horrible car accident they may respond to a screeching sound made by a car by shaking, even while sitting safely in their home.
Having cancer is like experiencing trauma. I found that when I would return to the places where I had my screenings done I would get sad and feel anxious. I wasn’t even really concerned any more about waiting for results and I certainly wasn‘t concerned about the test procedures.
Then I realized the sadness was triggered from old memories. The anxiety was triggered by the sights and sounds of the medical environment I was in. This has gotten better over time. I think once I figured out what was going on it helped.
It is really common to feel anxious waiting for results. I’m sending you positive thoughts.
Warmly,
Sadie

Karan
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:07 AM
Good luck Ellen....as far as I am concerned you are all to be admired for your courage.  I am having the surgery on Friday and keep reading of all of you who have made it to the "other side" and it is the only thing that is keeping me from being totally unhinged.  I guess the mind will never be completely free of the shock  that I have it too.  Val.

ellieb
  • Total Posts : 95
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:52 AM
Thanks to all of you.  I know I could not make this journey without the wonderful ladies on this board.  I wish I could meet all of you in person.  We can say things here that we can't say anywhere else.  I love all of you and pray for us everyday.
Ellen
DX 12/2/06, IDC, stage 1, no nodes
triple negative
Bi-lat mast. 1/2/07 with expanders
4 A/C finished 3/23/07
exchange surgery 11/8/07
55, grandmother of 2 girls

Cathy Koehler
  • Total Posts : 119
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, December 03, 2007 10:30 AM
It has been awhile since I've visited the site.  I just wanted to share that I am coming up on my two year survival anniversary.  Triple negative, Stage 2, and went through A/C/Taxol x 8 and radiation.  So far things look good and no recurrence.  I will be going back for a mammogram in January.  It's nice to hear how many long term Trip Negative survivors there are, as it is an inspiration to me and gives me lots of hope and I'm sure everyone else as well!  Take care to all and happy holidays!

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, December 03, 2007 8:23 PM
Hi Cathy,
Congratulations on reaching your two year mark!  So glad you posted.
Warmly,
Sadie

Nuzzys Nana
  • Total Posts : 4498
  • Reward points : 10085
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, December 20, 2007 12:48 AM
Sadie,

I'll add my two cents worth. At this point I am a 2 1/2 year survivor since I count from the time of diagnosis. So far, so good. I try to take each day at a time. It is not always easy.

Being a carrier of the BRCA2 mutation has complicated things a bit.

Have a happy and healthy New Year!
Lumpectomy 4/14/05 at age 69
Stage 1, 2cm, Node Negative
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
BRCA2 positive (It's always something!)
No Family History

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, December 20, 2007 9:43 AM
Hi. I just dropped by to wish my trip neg friends a happy, healthy holiday! I was thinking about it and decided that we trip negs should have a motto. I came up with the true meaning of triple negative: "NO, NO, NO!" That's what we're all saying to cancer! (OK, so I get a little cornier than usual this time of year). Love and good health to you all. Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, December 20, 2007 10:09 PM
Hi Rena,
Happy Holidays to you too! 

Everyone -Thank you everyone for sharing your stories with us. I hope you all get to enjoy this holiday season of love and sharing.

Warmly,
Sadie

<message edited by Sadie on Saturday, December 29, 2007 12:13 AM>

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 2 of 68, messages 21 to 40 of 1341