Triple Negative-How are you doing?

Change Page: << < ..51525354555657585960.. > | Showing page 51 of 68, messages 1001 to 1020 of 1341
Sadie Rose
  • Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, October 27, 2009 12:28 PM
Sazbro,

Hope you have a week of healing and getting your strength back.

Warmly,
Sadie

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:45 PM
Hi everyone. I apologize for my long absence. I know we have some new friends on this thread, and I want to welcome you and wish you the best with your treatments. I'm doing all right and just wanted to stop by and say hi. No news here, and I guess no news is good news?? Take care, everyone. Love, Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:15 PM
Hi triple negs!

There's a lady on sound off posting and has been dx as stage iv, I've replied but thought she may like to hear from other triple negs:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, October 28, 2009 10:27 PM
Hi Tricia,

I don't read all of the threads so I appreciate your concern for Brooke.  I checked in.

Warmly,
Sadie  

[link=http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb098_undefined&utm_id=7926][/link]

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, October 30, 2009 6:53 PM
For Everyone Who Celebrates It....

Happy Halloween!!!!!

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, November 03, 2009 12:26 PM
It still seems to me that the triple neg. thread gets lost in this section.  Anybody have any thoughts....

dawnmarie
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, November 07, 2009 3:14 PM
Hi everyone I am new to these boards and was just redirected here from the introduce yourself boards.
I had a lumpectomy on left breast 10/26 and on follow up with surgeon this last Thursday he is recommending I have double mastectomy. I don't have much info at this time except for my pathology report that shows I am triple negative. Reason for the double is I also have a lump now in my right breast that seems to be growing rapdily. Will more then likely have the double mastectomy sometime this month and am scared to death. I am a single 50 yr old woman and need to know of any supplies that I might need before this surgery. Thanks for any help or guidance you can give.

dawnmarie
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, November 07, 2009 3:16 PM
P.S. exactly what is a triple negative....is it better or worse?

Gail Srebnik
  • Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, November 07, 2009 5:13 PM
Hi DawnMarie, Sorry to welcome you here but I'm glad you found us. Triple negative is when your tumor(s) is not hormone induced. We are Her2 negative, estrogen negative and progesterone negative. We respond well to chemo but cannot use the drugs typically given to the majority of bc patients after treatment. I wish you the best as you move ahead. I did not have a  mastectomy but others will reply to you soon. Be well, Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade

sazbro
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points : 1140
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, November 07, 2009 5:47 PM
Hi DawnMarie,
Welcome to this forum. Please keep us in informed as you go through your medical journey

I am a newby to this forum too and have gotten great advise from the other women. My first round of pre-operative chemo was 10/16 and had my second round on 11/6.

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, November 07, 2009 11:27 PM
Hi DawnMarie,
Welcome!  Glad you were able to find us.  We have a woderful group of women here who will answer any questions you have. 

Saxbro, how are things going for you?  You already have two rounds down?  How many do you have to do all together?  Hope you are able to rest this weekend.

Thinking of you both.
Sadie

sazbro
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points : 1140
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, November 08, 2009 10:13 AM
I just had my second round the other day and I am doing OK, so far hardly any nausea. I have two more rounds of A/C then twelve consecutive rounds to Taxol before surgery.

Have an appt. with the onc. tomorrow. Keep you posted.

Gail Srebnik
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:55 PM
Hi triples! I hope all aere doing well and that those in treatment are keeping spirits high. Last night my oncologist did a presentation at our support group on Triples! She talked a lot about PARP Inhibitors which is in clinical trials right now for triple negatives with metastatic cancer. The results in Phase One trials were very promising. I intend to go to her next talk about clinical trials next week. I was in a trial due to her and my investigating back in 2006.
Blessings,Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07

Rena
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, November 15, 2009 10:47 AM
Hi everyone. It's been a while, and I want to say hi and welcome to Sazbro and Dawn Marie. I hope that everything is going well for you. Gail, Sadie, and all the others I haven't named, how are you doing? I'm well and busy these days. I'm sitting by the front window in the streaming morning sun, with my bookends (my two flame point cats). Heaven! The only cancer-related issue on my mind these days is that my daughter, Karen, will turn 25 December 3, and she was advised to test for the BRCA mutation at age 25. This is something I've pushed to the back of my mind, although it rears its ugly head from time to time. I'll talk to her about it sometime over the holidays. Nice gift for her, huh? But it's got to be done, and I know that knowledge can make a big difference in catching the beast early should it ever come her way. I hate cancer. Karen has lived with the spectre of cancer haunting her since the age of 2. She sometimes shocks me with things she remembers from a very young age. I remember her saying, "Daddy go office, Mommy go doctor" to our daycare lady when I dropped her off to go for my radiation treatments. And now here she is, a beautiful adult. This all just makes me so sad--I don't even have adequate words for it. Sorry to be a downer. Actually, life is good, and I have nothing to be unhappy about, so forgive me--just venting. Love to all, Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Gail Srebnik
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, November 15, 2009 5:20 PM
Hi Rena! I understand your feelings all too well. And as you have said early detection saves lives so being informed will hopefully allow for monitoring at a way too early age. I just counseled a young mom on the phone and reassured her that the grim stats about younger women and bc are due to the fact that they are not tested early as she had been due to history and is now in treatment on the road we all know. Of course I pray that Karen does not have the BRCA mutation. I am doing okay and still trying to lower my cholesterol. I hope that your 'busy' is giving you some pleasure. Blessings,Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07

Lisa11388
  • Total Posts : 425
  • Reward points : 5135
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, November 16, 2009 8:27 AM
Hello Rena, Gail, Sadie, and everyone else!  Just checking in here.  As usual, I have been lurking, but not posting.  Not much to say, things are going well.  I recently went for a check up with a new oncologist.  I had to switch due to some mergers and insurance changes.  It was reassuring to hear that the new onc would have followed the same treatment plans as I got.  I finally got to check my vitamin D levels, my other onc didnt think it was necessary, but I wanted to know just the same!  He also wrote me a script for a chest xray for a lingering cough I have had.  So I need to follow up in those to things, otherswise chugging along after 4 years.  I hope everyone is doing well.
Lisa Long
Central Illinois
dx 8-29-05 age 43
mast & lat flap 9-30-05
triple neg brca neg
4.5 cm node neg
6 a/c followed by 5 taxol 10/05-3/06
28 rads 5/06-6/06
Currently NED

Rena
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, November 16, 2009 12:27 PM
Hi Gail and Lisa and everyone. Thanks for the support, Gail. I'm sorry you're still fighting the cholesterol. I finally gave in and decided to take statins, but low doses three times a week. Anything more than that and I get muscle pains. It's helped a lot. Lisa, it's good to hear that you're doing well. Four years is great! 

As most of you are starting to hunker down against the cold, we are having our nicest time of year: sunny days with low temps in the high 40s and highs in the low 60s. That's my idea of perfect since I'm like a blast furnace most of the time. I love the cool, crisp air and sunshine. I rarely wear a jacket because I run so warm, and I get strange looks from the tourists when I throw on my sandals! I've heard that it's supposed to be an El Nino year, which could mean major rainstorms, so I'm enjoying this little bit of heaven while it lasts. 

Gee, I do talk about weather a lot, don't I? I think its because it affects my mood so profoundly. After three months of summer fog, in fall and early winter, I feel as though I've emerged from a cocoon.

Have a lovely day everyone!

Love,
Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Debbie Dolen
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 2150
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, December 01, 2009 11:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Debbie and I just wanted to introduce myself.  I've been lurking on the boards the last couple of weeks since finding a lump and just spoke to the surgeon today about my pathology report and was given the diagnosis of Triple Negative.  I will have surgery next week as long as I can get in for the MRI in time, otherwise it will be the follwing week.  Just reading through this thread has made me feel better and I wanted to thank all of you for sharing your positive thoughts.
DX 12/01/09 Triple Negative
Right Side Mastectomy 12/10/2009
Sentinel Node Biopsy 12/21/2009 Negative
Testing for BRCA

Rena
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, December 02, 2009 9:14 AM
Hi Debbie and welcome. I'm glad that reading this thread made you feel better. There really is a lot to be hopeful about. Please keep us posted about how things go, and feel free to ask any questions you have. My information is kind of outdated because I was diagnosed such a long time ago, but the other ladies know more than I do. I wish you the best. Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Nuzzys Nana
  • Total Posts : 4498
  • Reward points : 10085
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, December 02, 2009 6:12 PM
Hello Debbie,

I am sorry you have to join our "exclusive" club. But you will find great and caring people here. I want you to know that a diagnosis of breast cancer is not a death sentence and triple negative cancers respond better to chemo than others.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Lumpectomy 4/14/05 at age 69
Stage 1, 2cm, Node Negative
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
BRCA2 positive (It's always something!)
No Family History

Change Page: << < ..51525354555657585960.. > | Showing page 51 of 68, messages 1001 to 1020 of 1341