Triple Negative-How are you doing?

Change Page: << < ..51525354555657585960.. > | Showing page 57 of 68, messages 1121 to 1140 of 1341
Barb 123
  • Total Posts : 127
  • Reward points : 480
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, May 30, 2010 10:35 AM
Hi Sadie,

I hope that everything turns out good for you. I know as well as the rest of us how hard it is to wait for results of tests. I haven't posted for a long time, but just started breast reconstruction with expanders and felt the need to be close to everyone again. I had my surgery on May 20th and was not prepared for the pain. Hopefully it will get easier. I have my first fill on Wednesday. One of my good friend's sister passed away last week after a 20 year battle with breast cancer. I pray every day for a cure. Take care all you TN ladies and be well.
dx1-3-08, age 61, Mother died 1-2-89 of bc
IDC 1.6cm tumor lft with 1 sen node pos out of 27, GR3, chose bilateral mass, done 1-21-08
Brac1 and Brac2 blood test negative! last chemo July 3rd 2008.Mpls, MN

Sadie Rose
  • Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, May 30, 2010 7:20 PM
Hi Barb,

It is nice to meet you.  I hope your next fill is easier and less painful for you.  I noticed you are nearly two years out from your last chemo!  That is a huge marker for you.

We had a beautiful day today in the NW.  I went to the Farmer's Market and bought flowers.  Now I have to prepare for the rain.

Enjoy tomorrow.

Warmly,
Sadie

Nuzzys Nana
  • Total Posts : 4498
  • Reward points : 10085
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, May 30, 2010 10:54 PM
Hi Sadie,

Speaking of the rain, do you know what we call the day that comes after two days of rain?

Monday!
Lumpectomy 4/14/05 at age 69
Stage 1, 2cm, Node Negative
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
BRCA2 positive (It's always something!)
No Family History

Sadie Rose
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, May 30, 2010 11:53 PM
  Hi Nuzzy's Nana.

Soo true.  Aren't we expecting rain tomorrow.  Mother nature doesn't take a vacation.  I have to say though, the NW has beautiful flowers!

[link=http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb096_ZSYYYYYYYYUS&utm_id=7924][/link]

Nuzzys Nana
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, May 31, 2010 3:50 PM
Sadie,

Today is great even though there are some dark clouds aloft. When we first moved here from California our first Memorial Day left us in shock. We were so used to good weather most of the year and were not prepared for what we found. But over all, I think I'd rather have the "cool" than the muggy and hot.

BTW: When I was in high school, in the early '50's, we always had a very somber Memorial Day service in the auditorium the day prior where the names of the fallen alumni from WWII were read. It was close to the end of the war at that time and feelings were still raw. I remember sitting in my seat and weeping for my father and other family members who were gone during the war and how much I missed them in those years. Things sure have changed. People hardly have time to reflect with all of the "sales" going on.

Last year my brother and I visited the Vietman Memorial in D.C.  It was quite an emotional sight to see all of those  bikers getting into formation. We then went to the Roosevelt and WWII Memorials.
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
No Family History

Sadie Rose
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 02, 2010 10:24 AM
  Everywhere I go today it is raining.  We may have some street flooding this week.  I get to have a slow morning though and I don't have to go into the office until this afternoon.

I've been reading about bladder cancer and now I am a little more worried about putting off the cytoscopy test for 10 days.  I didn't realize that is what the doctor was thinking about when I saw her. 

I am going to enjoy my free morning though.  Thinking of you all.

Warmly,
Sadie

[link=http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb114_ZSYYYYYYYYUS&utm_id=7922][/link]

uvrae
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 280
Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 02, 2010 6:09 PM
Rena THANK YOU!!! I finished up chemo 14 months ago and have my 3 month visits. I am BRAC 2 positive and triple negative, I was doing great until a triple neg. friend of mines cancer came back. Put the fear in me. I needed to hear a positive! 23 years !!!! I am going to focus on you!!

Scooter123
  • Total Posts : 293
  • Reward points : 2835
Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, June 03, 2010 4:08 PM
Hi Sadie...Wishing you well when you have your test.

Uvrae...You picked a good person to focus on...Rena is an inspiration to us all. 

Stay well,
Anna
Dx 8/2008,  IDC,  3.6 cm,  Grade 3,
0/8 nodes,  Stage II,  ER-PR-HER2-, 
Epirubicin/Cytoxan X  4,  Taxotere X 3

Sadie Rose
Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, June 04, 2010 8:41 AM
Hello All,

I'm so happy it is Friday.  I really count on the weekends to relax and just enjoy anything that comes up.  I think we might have some sun today.  Have to get my sunglasses out.

Uvrae~ I love your picture.  You have had 14 months cancer free.  Each month gets easier.  Are you feeling pretty well?  Hope you get to enjoy the weekend.

Anna~ How are you doing?  I noticed you are getting close to the 2   year mark!  I look forward to getting to know you better.

Barb~ Did you get through the fill?  Was it less painful this time?  I hope it went well for you.

Everybody Else~ Thinking of you.  Be well.

Warmly,
Sadie

[link=http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb114_ZSYYYYYYYYUS&utm_id=7922][/link]

Sadie Rose
Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, June 05, 2010 11:09 AM
  It is a quiet Saturday.  I may head out to the book store for a good read.  Just dropping to say say hi to everyone.

Warmly,
Sadie

[link=http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb096_ZSYYYYYYYYUS&utm_id=7924][/link]

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, June 08, 2010 10:01 AM
Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well. I just got back from a trip to see family in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Living on the chilly Central Coast of California has gotten me used to cool temps and low humidity. The 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity reminded me why I left NJ! I have to say, though, that even after 36 years, I still miss lightning bugs, thunderstorms, good Chinese food, authentic pizza and sweet New Jersey corn (can you tell where my priorities lie??!)  I have a headache and some vertigo that I probably picked up on the plane, so I'm lying low and will spend the day finishing an editing job. Thank goodness for laptops--I can be a couch potato and still get some work done. 

How is everyone feeling?  Barb, I hope the pain has eased. I never had expanders but can imagine that they'd be uncomfortable at first. Uvrae, Scooter, Patti, Sadie, Nuzzy's Nana, Gail, and anyone I missed--sending good wishes your way.

Sadie, my sister and daughter both raved about the novel The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Apparently, it's the first book in a series. I'm always looking for a good read (or a listen--love my books on CD!), and I know you are, too. 

Love to all,

Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

Nuzzys Nana
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, June 08, 2010 10:47 PM
Rena,

Speaking of humidity, it seems to get worse each year. My bangs are always curled up to the point I resemble Mamie Eisenhower. LOL. For you younger folks, she was First Lady during my college years., the Nifty Fifties. Not.
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
No Family History

Rena
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 09, 2010 12:05 AM
LOL, Nuzzy! I remember Mamie (not to be confused with "I Remember Mama"). I, too, suffer from the flippies, and not just my bangs but my whole head! I looked about to take flight! It was cold and foggy here today and will be for most of the next three months. It will get very old very fast, but right now I'm enjoying the lack of heat and humidity. Stay cool!
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Scooter123
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, June 11, 2010 11:32 AM
Dropping by to say hi...hope all is well with everyone.  I'm just trying to stay out of the heat and humidity.  ugh!!!    Have a wonderful weekend.

Anna

Sadie Rose
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, June 12, 2010 9:38 PM
Hi Scooter,

Hope you are enjoying your weekend and staying cool.  We're having our first warm day today.  I am not used to the heat either.  Have fun when you can.

Hi Everybody,

Just dropping in for a quick hello.  I just got the results of serveral tests and everything came back clear.  Woo Hoo!  I will reach 6 yearts in July.  a

How are you all doing?

Warmly,
Sadie

Scooter123
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, June 13, 2010 10:16 AM
Hey Sadie...

Great news...I'd give you dancing nanners, but I don't know how.  Pretend that you see them and pom poms too!  lol!! 

Anna

Sadie Rose
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, June 13, 2010 3:32 PM
Thanks Anna.

I see the celebration dance.

Hope you had a great day.

Warmly,
Sadie

[link=http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZSYYYYYYYYUS&utm_id=7920][/link]

jojomomcat
  • Total Posts : 91
  • Reward points : 9495
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, June 19, 2010 12:36 AM
Rena - no lightening bugs? However do you stand it????
You can get anywhere in life you choose, as long as you wear red high top shoes.

return trip, triple neg (by med terms only - triple positive in attitude), 17 nodes and gaining, clinical trial pro, and too darn mean to let it win (hence the nickname Mean Jolene)!

Rena
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, June 19, 2010 12:46 AM
It's a challenge, Jojo! No thunder and lightning either. But we have the ocean and sea otters and great Mexican food. It's definitely a tradeoff! How are you doing?  Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

jojomomcat
  • Total Posts : 91
  • Reward points : 9495
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 23, 2010 5:27 PM
Rena,
I am doing FANTASTIC! Started my Chemo vacation last week - am taking Xeloda with no side effects so far. Doc says if all goes well could skip regular chemo for up to 6 months. Downside? Can't get my hands in dishwater, Aw Gee!
Got the kid graduated, was in best friend's wedding last weekend, baby boyo's wedding is the 10th and youngest daughter just announced her engagement. So busy and broke!
How are you????
You can get anywhere in life you choose, as long as you wear red high top shoes.

return trip, triple neg (by med terms only - triple positive in attitude), 17 nodes and gaining, clinical trial pro, and too darn mean to let it win (hence the nickname Mean Jolene)!

Change Page: << < ..51525354555657585960.. > | Showing page 57 of 68, messages 1121 to 1140 of 1341