Triple Negative-How are you doing?

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 9 of 68, messages 161 to 180 of 1341
In The Pink
  • Total Posts : 39
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:55 PM
Congratulations!  You had great news.  Your animation expresses how joyful you are and all of us for you!  I had my first PET Scan today and saw the big tumor and it's two side kicks.  I can't wait to start chemo and get rid of them.  Again,  enjoy your good news...you deserve it.
Penny - Orange,CA Age 48
Penny's Posies (Team Name) - Race For The Cure 9/28/08
DX=3/2008 - 6/2008
IDC, Stage III, Pos. Lymph Node Triple -,
Chemo - starting July 15, 2008
Mastectomy
Radiation
Participating in 3 clinical trials

Gail Srebnik
  • Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:32 PM
Kathy, Wonderful news. Have a lovely rest of the week and many months of joy ahead.Blessings,Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade

Sadie Rose
  • Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, June 27, 2008 9:03 AM
Hi Penny,
How are you doing today?  When do you start chemo?  Do you know what your cocktail will be?  How many rounds do you have to have?  We'll be thinking of you and sending wishes for an easy time of it.

Warmly,
Sadie

In The Pink
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, June 27, 2008 9:28 AM
Hi Sadie,  I was told I would be taking Carboplatin, , Abraxane & Avastin.  I heard 15 weeks.  They also said it would be a lower dose and administered weekly. This has all been over the phone between tests and could change but am pretty sure they are ready to go on this but I also don't have a port-a-cath (?) in yet. I guess that can happen pretty fast.  Too bad there isn't a a photo upload option or I could share my tumor PET scan picture with you! 
Also, something to share with you...My mom found her lump in March 1980 and I found mine in March 2008.  My mom had worked for Beckman Instruments and now I am participating in Beckman Laser Institute clnical trials (both non-invasive, measurement type stuff). Mom was also ER/PR negative but in 1980 they did not test the HER2 receptor so I don't know about her status.  Mine turned out to be negative which is why I looked up triple negative and you came up!  Sadie was my grandmother's name! (My mom's mom!) 
I am going to the clinical trials today...will check in later.  [sm=hello.gif]
<message edited by In The Pink on Friday, June 27, 2008 9:29 AM>
Penny - Orange,CA Age 48
DX=3/2008 - 6/2008
Mastectomy
Radiation

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, June 27, 2008 12:10 PM
Hi Penny,

I am glad to hear you are getting Carboplatin.  My oncologist believes it is the protocol for triple negatives.  My mother had breast cancer too.  She was one of the first in San Diego to have a lumpectomy.  She did radiation, but didn't have to do chemotherapy.  That was about 23 years ago and she doesn't know her status. 

Do you have a close relationship with your mom? 

Hope your weekend goes well.  We're having temperatures close to 100 and no air. 

Warmly,
Sadie

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, June 27, 2008 1:49 PM
Hi Penny. Good luck with your treatments. My drugs were different because it was such a long time ago, but my oncologist chose to treat me weekly also, in my case for a year. The benefit--other than the obvious one that I'm alive and well--was that the lower doses were easier to handle. I hope that will be your experience also. Hey Sadie--how are you doing? Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, June 27, 2008 3:42 PM
Hi. Hi Rena,
I'm doing great today.  I just had my appointment with my oncologist and my MRI and PET scan were clear for cancer.    I thought we had ruled out Lupus, but she said she just ruled out the blood clotting part of Lupus.  I go back in three months.  I'm just going to enjoy my break.  I don't have any big medical things for the whole summer!  She does want me to see a neurologist, but that sounds like a good fall activity.

I went to the store and bought fruit, salad and vanilla ice cream.  We're expecting temperature close to 100 today

My daughter had twin baby girls a month ago, so I'll be holding babies over the weekend and maybe I'll plant a tree!

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Warmly,
Sadie

<message edited by Sadie on Friday, June 27, 2008 3:45 PM>

Rena
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, June 27, 2008 4:38 PM
Sadie, that's great news about your scans. I'm glad the other tests can wait until fall. 100 degrees! Where do you live? Here, its hard to know what is fog (our usual summer weather) and what is smoke (there are wildfires burning all over California, the closest to us being the Big Sur fire, about 30 miles south). Enjoy your weekend with those darling babies! Love, Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Gail Srebnik
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, June 27, 2008 10:45 PM
Sadie, what great news! And to have twins to look forward to is wonderful. Our temps here in Colorado are high 90's and very dry right now. It does cool down at night and that's great. I hope you enjoy your week-end. Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07

In The Pink
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, June 27, 2008 11:43 PM
Hi Sadie,

Where is the 100 degree weather?  We had that in Orange last week and had three fans on.  I am glad for the low 80's we have had the past couple days. 
My Mom passed away May 2007.  The last couple years were a real struggle as she had very bad Osteoperosis.  She had so many bones fracture.  She had both hips replaced, fractured ribs, and lastly pelvic bone and just could not bounce back from that.  It was very very sad and her daughters all miss her.  Dad came to live with me and my husband in November.  He is 84.  My mother in law lived with us for three years until 2006 when she passed from end stage alzheimers at age 90. 
Penny - Orange,CA Age 48
DX=3/2008 - 6/2008
Mastectomy
Radiation

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, June 28, 2008 4:31 PM

Hi Rena,

How's your weekend going?  We are hot today for the Pacific Northwest.  We are usually a little overcast with mild or cold temperatures.  We have gorgeous trees and flowers though, so we accept the rain freely.  I live close to Mt Saint Helens. It is the mountain that is a volcano and erupted several years ago.  Yesterday it was snow capped with bright sun hitting it and it seemed like you could reach out and touch it.  It was very pretty to see.

Penny,
When I visited my oncologist Friday, I asked her if she would recommend carboplatin if she was treating me today.  She said she would.  She is involved with a research team and they consult with each other.  She stays abreast of current research, so I think that sounds positive for you.  I hope you are able to relax a little over the weekend.

And Gail, 
How are you doing?  Are you managing the hot weather well?  Does it impact how you feel? Colorado seems like it would be a wonderful place to be for the summer.  I wish you a peaceful weekend.

Hi to everyone else too1!!

Warmly,
Sadie

Gail Srebnik
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, June 28, 2008 6:54 PM
Hi Sadie and everyone! I do okay with the hot weather as long as I keep fluids going in me. It's easy to sleep at night and that helps. I always watch out for being in the sun too much without a hat and sunscreen. We are off tomorrow to visit a ruin in Northern NM and then on Monday to one in southern CO ,and then back here. We can't let the summer heat stop us totally. Actually the best times here are Fall and winter if you like snow. I hope everyone is doing well. Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07

Rena
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, June 28, 2008 7:21 PM
Hi all. Penny, as Sadie said, i hope you'll be able to relax this weekend. I'm so sorry about your mom and how difficult her last years must have been. Do we ever get over missing our mothers? I don't think so. My mom has been gone for nine years now, and I still have those split-second thoughts to pick up the phone and call her.

Sadie, you really do live in a beautiful area--you've got everything there--the ocean, the trees, rivers, mountains. I lived in Pullman, WA for five years and we'd head to the coast any chance we could. In fact, I lived in Pullman when Mt. St. Helen's erupted in 1980. It was an amazing experience to wake up the next morning and encounter a world covered in an inch of white ash. It took months before it was pretty much gone, but I'd wipe a layer of ash off my furniture every day for a long, long time. We are experiencing 1000 wildfires in Northern California right now. The closest to us is in Big Sur, 30 miles down the coast. Our air quality today was very bad, with ash in the air and the outdoors smelling like an ashtray. But it's the people who live near the fires who are really suffering, and the fire fighters have been working around the clock.

Gail, it sounds as though you're making really good use of your time in Colorado. I'll be back from vacation on July 14 and expect to be around pretty much the rest of the summer. If you give us a window of time, I can get in touch with Patti and Judy to see if we can rendezvous. It would be so nice to have everyone together again.

I hope you're all doing well.

Love,
Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, June 28, 2008 9:51 PM

Hi Again Rena,

We lived in Gig Harbor for awhile before it became so populated.  I worked in Tacoma.  We are just a few miles from Mt. Saint Helens and we were here when it erupted.  I soooo remember the ash getting everywhere.  It was on every plant and in our cars.  We were supposed to wear masks over our faces so we wouldn't breath in the ash.  I had a toddler and he wouldn't wear the mask so we gave him a bandanna and he wore it like a cowboy.  We had a fireman that lived down the street and he brought a fire hose home and everyone in the neighborhood washed their homes and driveways off.  It was pretty exciting! 

I sure hope you get a change in weather so the fire fighters can get the fires under control.  I know your area too.  I grew up in southern California and went to college in Fullerton and Pasadena.  We went camping up and down the coast.

Gail- You amaze me!  Where do you get the energy?  I think it would be very interesting to travel and see the ruins.  I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Warmly,
Sadie
<message edited by Sadie on Sunday, June 29, 2008 7:29 PM>

Gail Srebnik
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, June 30, 2008 9:00 PM
Hi rena! I'm thinking we might hit CA before seeing jesse (hmmm maybe I should kidnap your daughter and bring her to OR). LOL So, I', considering getting to CA somewhere between July 20 and July 22. We'd be willing to stay at a hotel again if others want to or we can be very nice house guests! hehehe Talk to you soon! Love,Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07

Gail Srebnik
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, June 30, 2008 9:05 PM
Hi Sadie! Do you still live near MT Saint helens? We are planning a side trip to that area when we go visit our son in Eugene. Let me know. Our little trip was wonderful. I was definitely out of shape and exhausted after Sundays outtings but paced myself better today. Hiking at high altitudes is hard to adjust to. Today we saw a ruin we never visited before. We have gone to many on the four corners area with our son when he was younger;and also without him. It was very high altitude (over 12,000) and remarkable that a civilization would build that high. It got me wanting to go back to school (online) and get another degree in southwestern,us archelogy. If there's interest in this I can certainly post more.
Hi there other triples! I always keep a postive thought for you all when i am working on being positive for myself. I hope everyone is doing well. More from me tomorrow, I am tired! Blessings,Gail

dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07

Rena
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, June 30, 2008 9:22 PM
Gail, I'll be here! Were you thinking of coming all the way to Monterey, or did you want to stay further north? You are more than welcome to stay here (the room is small but comfy), and you're not allergic to cats, are you? If you decide you'd rather stay in SF again, I will happily come up there. I'd probably come up for the day and not stay overnight this time (not in the budget this summer, unfortunately), but maybe Judy and I could drive up together. I'm leaving Wednesday (July 2) and will be back July 14, so just email me with your plans. I'll probably check email from Grand Cayman. Can't wait to see you!

Sadie, my husband just got off the phone with a friend in Seattle, and he said you're having a heat wave up there. Those are probably as unusual there as they are here. I hope it's not too uncomfortable there.

Take care.

Love,
Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, June 30, 2008 9:22 PM
Hi Gail,

I do still live very close to MT. Saint Hellens. I would love to connect with you.  Did you mean you were traveling north in August?  We're going to do a spontaneous vacation in August or early September.  I'm not sure of the date yet. 

I'd love to hear more about what you saw on your trip.  Hope you get a good rest tonight.

Warmly,
Sadie

Sadie Rose
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, June 30, 2008 9:45 PM
Hi Rena,
We are having a heat wave.  It was 101 on Saturday and it is gradually coming down a little.  People are moving a little slower and we are eating lots of watermelon. We usually have more mild temperatures, so none of us are used to the searing sun. 

[sm=hello.gif]

How are you doing this week? 

Warmly,
Sadie

Rena
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, July 01, 2008 12:44 AM
Hi Sadie! Nothing goes better together than 100 degrees and ice-cold watermelon! I hope it cools down a bit for you. We had our heat wave last week, but I don't think it went above the high 80s. I'm doing well, thanks. We leave Wednesday morning for a 12-day beach vacation that I'm really looking forward to. I have to pick up a new prescription in the morning. I have a hiatal hernia, and the doctor has changed my medication four times because none of the medications has worked so far. Maybe 5 will be a charm! So, no pina coladas for me this week (and no coffee, and no tomatoes, etc.) I guess, in the grand scheme of things, a hiatal hernia is not such an awful thing. I have to be careful not to lose sight of the gift I've been given, living a healthy life for 22 years after breast cancer. I don't ever want to take life for granted. That's one of the things I love so much about this website and the incredible people--like you--that I've met here. I hope you have a great week, Sadie. Love, Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 9 of 68, messages 161 to 180 of 1341