Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Radiation Tips and Experiences
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 37 of 44, messages 361 to 370 of 432
jlg373

• Total Posts : 72
  • Reward points : 875
Re:Radiation Tips and Experiences - Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:04 PM
God Bless You!  I just had quadectomy and a sentinel lymph node biopsy on 18 May 2011.  This was to remove invasive lobular carcinoma and I will meet with my surgeon 9 June to discuss my treatment program after pathology gets results to us.  Radiation will be the first step and then I will go on from there.  This is a step by step journey and I am in San Antonio Texas & my treatment facility is Brooke Army Medical Center.
<message edited by jlg373 on Sunday, July 31, 2011 3:23 PM>
Brandy

• Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 2055
Re:Radiation Tips and Experiences - Sunday, July 31, 2011 9:18 AM
I have already had surgery (lumpectomy), and completed chemo 3 weeks ago and I just started radiation treatment last week so I am only getting started.  I have 18 more to go with 5 boost included.  I have treatments daily and I just noticed next to my nibble, it looks like I have a blister and it is sore.  Is this normal.  I wont see the radiation doctor until next week, but I do see my oncologist on Tuesday when I have triple herceptin treatment, and I dont see my surgeon for follow-up until August 10.  I plan on showing each one but wondered if this is normal for radiation. 

Lumpectomy 03/01/2011
er/pr negative
Her2 positive
stage 1-clear margins
breast cancer
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Radiation Tips and Experiences - Sunday, July 31, 2011 2:20 PM
Hi Brandy,

I'd mention this to your onc or someone at the rads clinic, it may be a burn from the rads so they should be able to give you something for it before it worsens!:)

As you're her2+ check out www.her2support.org
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
jlg373

Re:Radiation Tips and Experiences - Sunday, July 31, 2011 3:53 PM
HI Brandy,

I am on my last week of rads and I have a red round spot under the skin to the right of nipple about the size of a nickel.  The rad techs that give me treatment thought I was allergic to the bandaids they applied to keep the marks in place but this is under the skin.  They stopped using the bandaids and it is still there and I have a rash between my breasts from treatment.
I will talk with my Radiation Oncologist on Wednesday about my spot and I am so glad I only have 7 more days left! 

As far as a blister you better get a cream or aloe to apply to it and ask your doctor or nurse for advice.  They have healing creams for all of these problems and my rash was itching so i received one that worked for that called:  Regenecare HA Lidocaine HCI 2% or RadiaPlex 4 ML both of these work well.

Good luck and as they say:  I feel your pain :) Keep us posted for sure!

Jan G.

<message edited by jlg373 on Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:02 PM>
Diag 4/28/11 ILC Multifocal Stage 11A Grade 2
 Er/Pr + Her 2 -  Ultrasound Biopsy
Sterotatic Biopsy on lft brst clear
Bilateral Axillary node biopsies all clear readings
Bilateral Brst MRI/w dye/lft clear readings 
Quadectomy  &  SNB 5/18/11- Clear Margins
21 days Canadian Radiation therapy starting in July 
Hormone Therapy/ Arimidex
Brandy

Re:Radiation Tips and Experiences - Wednesday, August 03, 2011 5:03 PM
I saw my rad oncologist, my chemo doctor and my surgeon in the last two days concerning the blister I have on my nipple.  Good news it is not a return of cancer.  What I found out from my surgeon is when I had chemo, the tissue had not healed completely and once I started the chemo it destroyed the tissue where I had surgery and then the radiation brought the blister up.  My surgeon lanced it and took the tissue out leaving a small whole.  After all three doctors discussed this today, it would be better if I stop the radiation in order for this to heal properly.  I will see each doctor next Friday to see when I can start radiation again.   Thanks to all of you for the replies.
Brandy
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Radiation Tips and Experiences - Wednesday, August 03, 2011 5:13 PM
Brandy- sorry you had to stop the rads but glad there's no cancer and you got some answers and hope it heals very soon:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Brandy

Re:Radiation Tips and Experiences - Friday, August 05, 2011 5:34 PM
I am hopeful that after I see my rad oconolgist and surgeon later next week, i will start the rad treatments again the following week

thanks for your reply
jlg373

Re:Radiation Tips and Experiences - Saturday, August 06, 2011 12:21 PM
Oh glad they found an answer for you Brandy! I sure hope the rest goes smoothly for you.

My doctor says mine is from the bandaids that were originally put on the marks at the beginning.  I have only two more days to go and then I can officially heal and let my breast get some needed rest!

I am so ready for this to be over :) Keep us posted and we will pray for you as well.

God Bless,

Janice G.

<message edited by jlg373 on Saturday, August 06, 2011 12:27 PM>
Diag 4/28/11 ILC Multifocal Stage 11A Grade 2
 Er/Pr + Her 2 -  Ultrasound Biopsy
Sterotatic Biopsy on lft brst clear
Bilateral Axillary node biopsies all clear readings
Bilateral Brst MRI/w dye/lft clear readings 
Quadectomy  &  SNB 5/18/11- Clear Margins
21 days Canadian Radiation therapy starting in July 
Hormone Therapy/ Arimidex
SarahFoodforBC

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 5260
Re:Radiation Tips and Experiences - Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:13 AM
Hi everyone,

just wanted to mention that turmeric and flaxseed have been found to reduce some radiation side effects without reducing the effectiveness of the treatment. Below are supporting studies (Google if you are interested):

"Curcumin: A treatment for breast cancer and radiation-induced dermatitis"

"Curcumin with Radiation Inhibits Survival of Human Breast Cancer and Murine Mammary Tumors"

"Dietary Flaxseed Prevents Fibrosis And Oxidative Lung Damage And Improves Mouse Survival In Experimental Thoracic Radiation Injury"

Hope this is helpful,

Sarah
Brandy

Re:Radiation Tips and Experiences - Monday, September 26, 2011 11:17 AM
I finally completed by radiation treatments 12 days ago and after the 6 boosts my left boob felt like someone poured boiling water over it which made it hard for my clothes to touch.  If I ever wanted a suntan, I have such a pretty one.   Now I get these sharp little pains with no rhime or reason, just happens out of the blue.  Has anyone else experienced these pains and is it a side affect.  

lumpectomy stage 1
1cm
HER+
chemo and radiation 
herceptin every 3 weeks until 3/2012
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 37 of 44, messages 361 to 370 of 432

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll