Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What is Inflammatory Breast Cancer? From a survivor
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 7 of 8, messages 61 to 70 of 79
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:What is Inflammatory Breast Cancer? From a survivor - Friday, August 12, 2011 4:39 PM
I remembered you too Kimby but was'nt sure it was the same Kimby lol:)

We're all good here thanks and just celebrated six years out and thankfully all the cats are well too.  I think I have you listed as a friend on FB and I also have Ruth on my friend list so let me know if you'd like  me to send a friend request to you for her?   She's the ibc expert here ha ha......
Good luck with your appt Kimby and hoping this is nothing much to worry about but we still tend to worry! xx
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Kimby

• Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 3355
Re:What is Inflammatory Breast Cancer? From a survivor - Saturday, August 13, 2011 10:49 PM
Thanks, Tricia! Sure, send me a friend request for her.
Kimby

• Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 3355
Re:What is Inflammatory Breast Cancer? From a survivor - Saturday, August 13, 2011 10:50 PM
Never mind, Tricia...I found her and sent a request. ; )

Claudia413

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 770
Re:What is Inflammatory Breast Cancer? From a survivor - Friday, August 19, 2011 3:21 PM
As a 4 yr survivor of Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC), I was glad to come across this thread. I'm on a mission to educate the general population and the medical profession about the signs and symptoms of IBC. Everyone should watch several of the videos on the Inflammatory Breast Cancer Foundation website (www.eraseibc.com) and learn the signs and symptoms of this highly aggressive breast cancer. Please understand that YOU DO NOT have to have all the symptoms to have IBC. I didn't...I only had one symptom and still had IBC. 
Claudia Nixon Fauver
Dx Stage IIIb IBC Aug 2007
4xA/C followed by 4xTaxotere Sept 07-Mar 08
Right MRM May 2008
33 rads June/July 2008
NED since surgery May 08

Arimidex since May 08 - many side effects
mary l

• Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points : 4355
Re:What is Inflammatory Breast Cancer? From a survivor - Friday, August 19, 2011 3:26 PM
Claudia, I just sent you a message on the other post.  I am an 8 year survivor of IBC stage IIIb Her2+++ this coming Oct.  I was surprised to see your story as there are not too many of us here with IBC.  I would love to her from you.  Mary L
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010
Tricia Keegan

Re:What is Inflammatory Breast Cancer? From a survivor - Friday, August 19, 2011 4:08 PM
Kimby, I had already sent it lol!!!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
Claudia413

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 770
Re:What is Inflammatory Breast Cancer? From a survivor - Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:39 AM
Mary,

I'm still trying to figure out how to navgate this site. I would love to keep in touch. Believe me, you'd be surprised at how many of us IBCers are out there. 
Claudia Nixon Fauver
Dx Stage IIIb IBC Aug 2007
4xA/C followed by 4xTaxotere Sept 07-Mar 08
Right MRM May 2008
33 rads June/July 2008
NED since surgery May 08

Arimidex since May 08 - many side effects
Tricia Keegan

Re:What is Inflammatory Breast Cancer? From a survivor - Saturday, August 20, 2011 3:55 PM
Claudia, If you hover your mouse or curser over Marys avatar you'll see a drop down menu with an option to send a pm, just click on that and type away and she'll receive it!:)
Carepage- survivortricia
Jenelle

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 105
Re:What is Inflammatory Breast Cancer? From a survivor - Saturday, January 07, 2012 8:49 PM
Its been a few months since anyone posted in here.  My sister has suspected IBC.  She has some of the symptoms ie. redness swelling itching "orange peel" look.  So she went to the minor em. and they put her on a antibiotic and orderd a mamogram...manogram was clear....antibiotic didn't help so she went to the breast health clinic yesterday.  The A.R.N.P told her with looking at a new mamogram and ultrasound she had done yesterday they she HAS IBC.  I am not doubting the DR...UH I mean Nurse but seriously can they DX this without a biopsy?  My sister is distraught she has 3 young boys 7, 7 & 4 and is 27 years old.  She is seeing her life flash before her eyes.  On monday she is going in for another Ultrasound and a POSSIBLE biopsy she said that the nurse said she might not need one ???  Then on tuesday she goes to the cancer center for a full work up going threw her with a fine tooth comb...from a pap smear to a full body scan.  Does this sound like normal procedure???  Can they confirm witout a biopsy?  What else could it be if the antibiotics didnt clear it up and its not cancer?  What are the chances its not cancer?  I am sorry I have a lot of thoughts going threw my head along with the statistics of this cancer.......I dont know where to go from here I feel sick to my stomach and lost.
Tricia Keegan

Re:What is Inflammatory Breast Cancer? From a survivor - Sunday, January 08, 2012 5:41 AM
Hi Janelle,

A very good breast surgeon may be able to guess if cancer is present but there's absolutly no way to know for sure unless a biopsy is done so your sis really needs to insist on this, sometimes IBC does'nt show on a mammo as there may not be a lump so a skin biopsy is performed to ensure a correct diagnosis.
They may want to do a scan to check the cancer has'nt spread elsewhere as IBC is fast growing but its unusual to do a pap at this stage too. 
If your sister is seeing a general surgeon she needs to really see a breast surgeon for this, over 80% of lumps found are benign and there are other infections this could be rather than IBC so please tell your sis a nurse cannot diagnose this, she must have a biopsy and speak to an experienced breast surgeon.
Please keep us posted on how she gets on and I really hope this is something easily treated rather than ibc.  Pals
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 7 of 8, messages 61 to 70 of 79

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages