Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..919293949596979899100.. > | Showing page 100 of 136, messages 991 to 1000 of 1351
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, July 08, 2013 4:33 PM
Cheryl I can only echo all Rena and Tina have said to you and just wanted to send good wishes for your results and hope you'll keep us posted. 

If you click on the user control button above it should give you an option to have e mail notifications of a reply, also if you hover your cursor  over where it says forum menu above left, it will give you an option to view the posts since your last visit or todays posts, hope this helps!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, July 08, 2013 9:21 PM
Cheryl, the shoulder is here as well.
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Phoenix

• Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 875
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:17 PM
Hi ladies,

I'm back with an update.  I went to meet with the surgeon on Monday (7-8-13) and received the diagnosis.  I DO have breast cancer.  Still all new to me.  The pathology report is like Greek to me...but it says I have "infiltrating ductal carcinoma, grade 3" in my right breast.  They also did a biopsy of my lymph nodes and showed "no evidence of metastatic carcinoma".  It says that "Estrogen and progesterone receptor analysis and Her-2/neu analysis will be performed on a paraffin block and a supplemental report will be issued."  I told my kids and family.  News is slowly spreading to my friends.  All have been very supportive (from afar).  

Next steps...Bracha (sp?) test was done on Monday.  Results back in 2-3 weeks.  MRI scheduled for third week in July.  Meeting with another surgeon as a second opinion.  He also suggested that I talk with a plastic surgeon.  Set up a meeting with one also.

At the moment, I feel like I am going crazy because I feel like there is ANOTHER lump in my armpit less than 2cm from where the two biopsy punctures are. Could that be???  Not to mention, could they have missed it?  Willl be following up again.

When I arrived home today I got a letter from my Primary Care Physician that my Pap smear results were abnormal.  "Epithelial cell abnormality.  Atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance."  I think it says I tested positive for HPV, high risk???  What on earth?  One day at a time...might have to start taking things one HOUR at a time!

Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:41 AM
Hi Cheryl,

I'm sorry the news wasn't better but this is all treatable and still found early so just take one day at a time for now and breathe although the temptation is to panic I know. I think it important you have them check the other lump you suspect is there, it can be missed and much better to find it now before treatment than as a recurrance months later but it may well be nothing hopefully. 
I also think you should ask your Dr or surgeon to explain the details of all this to you in full, you'll know more once you get the final report so fingers crossed for that and please keep us posted and remember you can do this. 
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:49 AM
Hi Cheryl,
Agh when it rains.... It is a lot to deal with at once but one step at a time.  
Call you surgeon and ask to have the lump checked.  Maybe its something as simple as a swollen node in reaction to the surgery, or a start of an infection.  In any case, you will sleep better if it's checked. 

I'm sorry you have to deal with the Hpv/pap too.  I guess if there is something positive about this, its that an abnormality is not cancer.  And knowing you are higher risk will provide for more frequent testing and early detection.   I think your gyn will want to eradicate those cells, with possibly a LEEP procedure.  If you go to Hystersisters.com, you will find a wealth of info and support from women with this condition.  

I hope you get all the answers and get a plan in place soon.  When you know what your treatments are will help quell the panic that uncertainty brings.
Also wishing you negative results on your BRCA test.
One day, hour, minute and one step at a time. There is light at the end of this tunnel.
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
Phoenix

Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, July 12, 2013 4:46 PM
Tricia Keegan

Cheryl I can only echo all Rena and Tina have said to you and just wanted to send good wishes for your results and hope you'll keep us posted. 

If you click on the user control button above it should give you an option to have e mail notifications of a reply, also if you hover your cursor  over where it says forum menu above left, it will give you an option to view the posts since your last visit or todays posts, hope this helps!

Thanks Tricia for all your well wishes.  And thanks for the tip on viewing posts.  Helps a lot!  Now they won't get lost in space.  I'llmdefinetely keep you posted.  Won't have any updates until week after next.  Going on. Short vacay with my kids that was planned a while ago.  Will be good to decompress.  I hope you are doing well!  TTYL.
Phoenix

Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, July 12, 2013 7:55 PM
sharonma

Hi Cheryl,
Agh when it rains.... It is a lot to deal with at once but one step at a time.  
Call you surgeon and ask to have the lump checked.  Maybe its something as simple as a swollen node in reaction to the surgery, or a start of an infection.  In any case, you will sleep better if it's checked. 

I'm sorry you have to deal with the Hpv/pap too.  I guess if there is something positive about this, its that an abnormality is not cancer.  And knowing you are higher risk will provide for more frequent testing and early detection.   I think your gyn will want to eradicate those cells, with possibly a LEEP procedure.  If you go to Hystersisters.com, you will find a wealth of info and support from women with this condition.  

I hope you get all the answers and get a plan in place soon.  When you know what your treatments are will help quell the panic that uncertainty brings.
Also wishing you negative results on your BRCA test.
One day, hour, minute and one step at a time. There is light at the end of this tunnel.

Thanks so much Sharonma!  Seriously, you ladies are awesome!  You have given me such good advice and supportive words.  My mom had breast cancer but so much has changed since she did 41 years ago that's it's a whole new world.  I'll keep you posted.

scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, July 12, 2013 9:58 PM
Cheryl:

Sorry for your results.  When people used to tell me there was a light at the end of the tunnel, I used to tell them "I'm sure there is but with my luck it's attached to a freight train coming full speed". That's how I felt when first diagnosed and then with all the issues that I ran into.

Times have changed and I do see the light.  It's just blurry from time to time.  You are right in the fact that so much has changed in all the years.  We now have options that weren't there years before.  As Sharon said, this is a one day, hour, minute etc process.  The waiting is the hardest and scariest part.  

Good luck with the further tests and the meeting with the surgeons.  

Remember we are still here for you.Pals

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

MamaT

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 5985
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, July 13, 2013 3:00 PM
Hi there!  I am Teresa, I was diagnosed on Feb. 1st with breast cancer in my left breast .  They did the oncotypedxTest on my tumor and it came back with a 13 so did not have to go through chemo.  It was stage 1B and is both ER and PR positive .   I had a lumpectomy on Feb. 13th where they took out both the cancerous tumor and another spot that wasn't cancer..yet.  They took out the 3 sentinel nodes which were clear. PTL  I finished my 30 radiation treatments on May 24th and I have been  on Tamoxifen since May 30th.   I have my first check up after treatment with both my Oncologist and Radiation Doctor on July 31st.  I am a bit nervous as I have discovered a very tender  lump just under and to the side of the same breast that was radiated (it is in the radiation field).  It is actually more on my rib than in my breast tissue.  Hubby and I are away on an extended business trip so other than messaging my oncologist I am stuck away from home wondering what is going on.  I don't know if this type of thing is a normal side effect from the radiation or if there is more going on.  That is my story, thanks for listening.
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, July 13, 2013 5:30 PM
Hello Teresa,

Sorry you had to join us but so pleased you found this early enough that chemo wasn't needed, many of us felt a lump around the radiated area which turned out to be scar tissue and I really hope thats the same for you, good luck and please keep us posted on how you get on!
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: << < ..919293949596979899100.. > | Showing page 100 of 136, messages 991 to 1000 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll