Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..101102103104105106107108109110.. > | Showing page 102 of 136, messages 1011 to 1020 of 1351
BlondNorse

• Total Posts : 17
  • Reward points : 145
Re:How to tell special needs child about the cancer - Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:42 AM
Hello All... Thank you SO VERY MUCH for your kind words and excellent advice. I love all the ideas and suggestions. I think I'm going to go with the cancer buddy one :) She is super attached to me and would feel better feeling part of things. We plan to tell her tonight after seeing the surgeon. Special thank you to Rena for saying no matter what, hearing the word cancer is hard. I've had alot of people (I know they mean well) tell me Stage 0 is nothing. I told them it isn't nothing to me. Thanks again to everyone and I pray for all of you..the true angels :) Kirsty
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:How to tell special needs child about the cancer - Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:43 PM
Kirsty:

Good luck to you.  Stage 0 is still cancer regardless of what anyone says.  The nurse that gave me my results told me that it is the best kind of cancer to get.  Really!!!!Maybe in her world!!

I recently was on the What Next site of the American Cancer Society's website.  I thought and then asked the question of other cancer patients :what is the dumbest question or comment you heard during your time?  The answers were unreal.  Everyone agreed that the comments were not meant to be hurtful but it's just people don't think before they speak.  Try not to put too much time into these senseless comments.
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:How to tell special needs child about the cancer - Thursday, August 15, 2013 9:06 PM
Kirsty, please let us know how your appointment with your surgeon and your talk with your daughter go. It starts to feel so much better when you have a plan in place. Wishing you the best!
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
lovescats

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 1390
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, August 16, 2013 1:56 PM
I'm 61 years old and I had a tram flap 16 years ago and I've regretted it ever since.
tiamarie

• Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 6840
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, August 24, 2013 11:23 AM
Hi All:

It's has been a while since I been here...so much so I forgot my password and log in.  Well, it has been three years since my breast cancer, uterine cancer and bone mas.   my most recent one was thryoid cancer.  I had that moved 2 months ago.  Now I have to have Iodine radition.  Has any experience this treatment?  
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, August 24, 2013 1:23 PM
Hi Tiamaria,

You've been through so much and I'm sorry you're dealing with this too, I can't offer advice but wanted to wish you well and hope this link can help you with some info http://www.cancer.org/cancer/thyroidcancer/detailedguide/thyroid-cancer-treating-radioactive-iodine
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
artqween

• Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 5455
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, September 06, 2013 2:39 PM
hI FRIENDS.. my name is Artqween.. I love it here.  I also am a huge fan of this incredible Organization 
as well.  I am a huge supporter on behalf of our Breast Cancer clients and other Cancer clients that 
are members of this website and other Cancer Foundations.  And, a huge congratulation's to all our 
survivors out here YEAYEEE! 
Also.. For those of you who has birthdays in October and has Breast Cancer or other types of Cancers 
or just has a birthday in October and lives in Fort Myers area.. lets talk "Birthday Bash"  and possibly 
turn our birthday bash into a huge successful fundraiser?  I'm also thinking potluck brunch for our meal, 
a huge pink ribbon for our birthday cake, and lots of gifts in pink bags or wrapping. Still keeping it simple..  
Feedback please????  
      ***  Together we will have a huge successful birthday bash / fundraiser celebration *****
possibly the first weekend in October? 

Whose with me...
Artqween 

<message edited by artqween on Friday, September 06, 2013 2:41 PM>
artqween

Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, September 06, 2013 2:53 PM
tiamarie

Hi All:

It's has been a while since I been here...so much so I forgot my password and log in.  Well, it has been three years since my breast cancer, uterine cancer and bone mass.   my most recent one was thryoid cancer.  I had that moved 2 months ago.  Now I have to have Iodine radiation.  Has any experience this treatment?  

Hi Tiamarie.. plezd to meet you.  Bless your heart... how is your radiation doing? No, I am a supporter.  
So you are in remission for the above cancers hopefully? Now its thryoid cancer?  How did that come 
about, I must ask?  Awww :(... God please help find a cure or quick treatment option for our friend? 
So she can lead a normal life free from all these Cancers she is experiencing right now please? I must 
ask who else in your family had or has the same Cancers as you do and did?  And, if you have kids 
have you been able to get them screened?  I am root'n for ya my friend.. :)  "Never give up" there are 
remedies and medicines that will help if you are experiencing any pain?  And, there's got to be foods 
(veg.'s and fruits/.. that can help possibly to cure you?       Together we can cure this disease"  
Friends4life,

Artqween...
<message edited by artqween on Friday, September 06, 2013 2:56 PM>
artqween

Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, September 06, 2013 2:58 PM
lovescats

I'm 61 years old and I had a tram flap 16 years ago and I've regretted it ever since.

HI lovescats... so do i my friend ;-) btw.. love your username.  Pleased to meet you. What is a tram flap?
Is it a type of cancer???? Sounds horrible :(.... 

susanarahn

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, September 06, 2013 8:35 PM
Hello - My name is Susan. After 3 weeks of tests and knowing I had a cancer that had metastasized, I learned today that I have IDC on the right side and the left has abnormal cells (similar to having an abnormal pap from what I was told).  My mets are in my ribs and spine. I have yet to meet with an oncologist but have appointments with a surgeon and an orthopedist that specializes in spine issues.  

I'm pretty sure I'm going to opt for a bilateral mastectomy but unsure what will be suggested after that. I don't know much about my cancer other than it is IDC.

Can anyone suggest some specific questions that I should be asking? I'm very overwhelmed and want to make sure I get the best treatment to keep me going. 

Thanks so much!
Susan
Change Page: << < ..101102103104105106107108109110.. > | Showing page 102 of 136, messages 1011 to 1020 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll