Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..101102103104105106107108109110.. > | Showing page 104 of 136, messages 1031 to 1040 of 1351
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, October 01, 2013 4:45 AM
Hi Pam and welcome and I wish you well with your treatments and do keep us posted.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
kneecancer

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, October 01, 2013 1:38 PM
Hello all, I'm new to this board (well, really new to all of this). Earlier this year, I had a routine dermatology exam and had a bump removed from my knee (looked like an ant bite - but, had been there for about a year).
3 days later, I got the call that crumbled my world. The pathology came back as adenocarcenoma typing as breast cancer. WHAT?? I have breast cancer on my knee??
It's been a tough 6 months trying to figure out what is going on. I had a full PET scan head to toe that came back negative. I had an MRI which resulted in 3 biopsies - all negative. I'm scheduled for a Preventative full hysterectomy in November.
So, i'm a Breast Cancer patient with no breast cancer. I feel very lucky, as this is the best thing that could occur. However, I'm scared to death. With everything I've read - if you have Breast Cancer showing somewhere else in your body (in my case - the skin), there is an origin point. However, we cannot find an origin point. My oncologist has basically given me an all-clear bill of health. But, how can that be.
Honestly, I'm just looking for someone who may have advice for me. I'm on a monitoring basis for now - Blood draws 2 times a year and MRI every 6 months. I think my major fear is the unknown.
While Googling - I keep finding that Metastic Breast Cancer is uncurable and generally deadly. But, with no origin point - am I just a major anomoly?
Thanks for your advice!!
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, October 01, 2013 3:50 PM
Hi,

Please disregard most of what you read on the web about stage iv cancer which is usually very outdated, a reliable info source is www.breastcancer.org 

Did they remove or treat the area on your knee??  I have heard of cases where the primary tumour couldn't be located so you're not alone there but never have it travel to knee which I think is very unusual as generally breastcancer mets don't travel beyond the hips/thigh area and then usually in the bone. I think I'd consider a second opinion which can't hurt and realize how frustrating it must be for you not knowing the details of your diagnosis or having access to more drugs to help treat it..ie, hormone therapy or Herceptin if her2 positive. 

I'm not a Dr or health professional but it sounds really strange and in eight years I haven't come across anything similar, I can tell you though I have many stage iv friends with bc mets that are doing well years out from diagnosis and the newer drugs now really treat this as a chronic rather than terminal illness which it once was. 
Please keep us posted on how you get on!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
suzette58

• Reward points : 55
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, October 01, 2013 6:19 PM
Hi.  My name is Suzette and I was diagnosed almost 3 weeks ago with DCIS breast cancer.  It is stage 0 cancer.  I have a hard time acknowledging the fact that I have cancer.  I am participating in a study that my surgeon is heading up.  It is called the PINC study.  They are looking at using a drug normally used to treat Maleria.  After that is over I will have a lumpectomy and radiation.  I am hoping to learn a lot here.  

Suzette
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, October 01, 2013 6:42 PM
So sorry for your dx Suzette and hope you'll keep us posted!
Carepage- survivortricia
CountryGirlsHeart

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 90
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:44 PM
I am 39 years old with a history of breast cancer in my family.  In May of this year, I found a lump in my left breast which was confirmed by my OB/GYN 2 weeks later.  I had my first mammogram in June which came back as an "all clear".  I returned for a follow up/re-check last week because I have experienced pain in the lump and lymph nodes closest to it since the middle of June.  I had an ultrasound last week which again did not show the lump at all.  Because both the doctor and I can feel the lump, she has referred me for a second opinion which is scheduled for November 19th.  I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced anything similar.  If so, what did your doctor do in your situation?  Any advice or shared experiences will be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:23 PM
Hi Countrygirl,

I think it may helpful to request an ultrasound or MRI, many women have dense breasts and lumps may not show on Mammo's, I hope its nothing sinister but do request this or indeed a biopsy to be certain of what you're dealing with.
Carepage- survivortricia
Lisajohn1

• Reward points : 115
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:29 AM
Hello,  My name is Lisa and I was diagnosed last year October 25th 2012.  This is the first time I have joined anything concerning my breast cancer.  I was wondering if anyone else has had extreme head/hair pain after chemo and radiation have been completed?  I have an appt today to see if it is my thyroid.  I have pain in both legs (sometimes can hardly stand up after sitting for any length of time). This all started a week into my radiation treatment.  I had both AC and Cytoxin (sp?) 4 treatments.  Then I had 12 weeks of Taxol and herceptin treatments.  Then 5 weeks of radiation, which I finished July 2013.  I  now have the herceptin every 3 weeks ending next March of 2014. My diagnosis was Invasive Ductal Carcinoma and I had a lumpectomy.  And I am 3 positive.  I was on the tomoxofin, but it made me kind of crazy,so they took me off it for a month to see how I am.  I was stage 1 with no nodes.  Any input would be great.
Thanks
<message edited by Lisajohn1 on Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:48 AM>
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:09 PM
Hi Lisa and I'm sorry you're still suffering like this, I had some pain when losing my hair but thats all I remember, it can take many months or longer to recover from chemo as its so toxic so its possible your body is still urging you to rest in order to heal perhaps. I also am her2+ and think you may find this link helpful www.her2support.org 
Carepage- survivortricia
AmysFight2

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 180
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:41 AM
Hi Country Girl,
I just turned 40 in September.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer october 9th 2013.  I found a lump in my left breast that has been painful.  It is rather large so it can not be missed by touch.  I had a mammogram and sonogram.  The large mass showed on both however there was a small 7mm mass that only showed up on the sonogram and it still didn't look bad.  Just a lymph node.  I had a biopsy done there after.  The large mass is Moderate Invasive Ductal Carcinoma and the small mass is a lymph node positive for metastatic carcinoma.  They did an MRI of both breasts and lymph nodes but the only cancer that could be seen was the large mass.  The small one which is the most dangerous and is probably already spread to the other lymph nodes was not seen on the MRI.  But the large mass had got so big it may be blocking the view.  Definitley get a second opinion.  See if they will do the MRI.  The next thing would be a pet scan that would show cancer anywhere in the body.  Good luck!  If there is a lump there I would at least find a surgeon who will not give up to find in and biopsy it.

Amy 

CountryGirlsHeart

I am 39 years old with a history of breast cancer in my family.  In May of this year, I found a lump in my left breast which was confirmed by my OB/GYN 2 weeks later.  I had my first mammogram in June which came back as an "all clear".  I returned for a follow up/re-check last week because I have experienced pain in the lump and lymph nodes closest to it since the middle of June.  I had an ultrasound last week which again did not show the lump at all.  Because both the doctor and I can feel the lump, she has referred me for a second opinion which is scheduled for November 19th.  I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced anything similar.  If so, what did your doctor do in your situation?  Any advice or shared experiences will be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

Change Page: << < ..101102103104105106107108109110.. > | Showing page 104 of 136, messages 1031 to 1040 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll