Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..101102103104105106107108109110.. > | Showing page 106 of 136, messages 1051 to 1060 of 1351
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, December 03, 2013 9:43 AM
Hi,

I don't think having Becky test positive would mean a death sentence and there are preventative measures she may decide on when older to reduce her risk of getting BC, this site I think will have lots more info for you http://www.facingourrisk.org/
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
garber

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 60
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, December 05, 2013 8:49 AM
Thanks so much! I agree with you on "its not a life sentence", my goal is to keep Meg educated and the importance of knowing her own body. Thanks again for the link.
mouse21

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, December 27, 2013 9:18 PM
Hi! My name is Michelle and I was dx with triple negative bc on 9/13/13. I am on cycle 5 of 6 of Taxotere/Carboplatin. I will have surgery in early February (dbl mastectomy). My tumors and lymph nodes are responding well to the chemo so hoping for a complete response. Will have radiation after surgery. Still undecided about reconstruction. I am a mother of 2 young children. Still working part-time. Becoming very fatigued from the chemo. Hoping to connect with other triple negative patients. 
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, December 27, 2013 9:50 PM
Welcome to the site Michelle.  I am so sorry for your diagnosis.  I believe there is a forum for triple negative where you can connect with others.  Not sure exactly what the name is.  Tricia (who is a moderator) will certainly know and she should be on soon.  

Good luck with your treatment.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, December 28, 2013 6:23 AM
Hi Michelle,

This link will direct you to the forum Tina mentioned, if you read some of the posts there you'll see there are many long term triple neg survivors all doing well, I'm sure you know triple negs respond better to chemo too than other hormone pos types of BC and I'm glad this is the case for you. 
I also suffered with fatigue during chemo but was fortunate to be able to nap as and when I needed to, you're getting close to the end which is wonderful and if you check the surgery/recon forum you'll get lots of advice to help you with your decision on surgery, good luck and keep us posted!Pals

https://apps.komen.org/Forums/tt.aspx?forumid=72
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
azalia

Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, January 28, 2014 1:49 PM
Rose, DCIS, stage 0, grade III, dx 10/8/2013 a second DCIS, stage 0, grade III, dx 11/20/2013 This is my first time on this site. A little confused/can't seem to find how to post a question (new post) on here? Recently had double mastectomy with implants (12/27/2013). Plastic surgeon has told me to massage my new breasts (this is supposed to relax the tissue and scar tissue in my breasts. Wondered if anyone here has done this and has any suggestions for how to do this/what to do. I understand its going to take months for my breasts to relax into a natural condition and that the massage is key. I've purchased a battery-operated hand massager (Walgreens), but just wondered if anyone has done this and has any suggestions. Many thanks.
sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, January 28, 2014 2:10 PM
Hi Rose 

Welcome and your question posted so I think you're getting the hang of it!

I didn't have an implant so not sure if the issues are the same.   I had some scar tissue and cording where the nodes were removed, and gentle massage and stretching was helpful.  I also had about 6weeks of physical therapy which helped enormously.  If you're having difficulty raising your arms or have lost significant range of motion ask your doc for a pt consult.

Hope an implant gal will pop in with more advice.
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
azalia

Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:21 PM
Thanks for your reply Sharonma. I have been contemplating asking for a pt referral. I'll try that. Thanks.
GinaH

• Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 85
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:21 PM
Hello. I have been diagnosed with breast cancer. I don't have details beyond that I have it in a mass in my left breast and in a lymph node under my arm. The nurse told me it's not a death sentence. But we don't know what stage I am in until my surgeon gets in there. I am seeing him Thursday. 

I am happily married with 4 kids, 23, 19, 11 and 9. I have told my older kids but I am worried how my younger ones will take it. I know I will have to tell them eventually. I find that I am worrying about everyone else more than what this means for me. Literally I am still in a state of shock.  Someone said it feels like walking around in a tunnel. I thought that was pretty close to what I am experiencing.

Thankfully this forum has been very helpful and informative. I look forward to chatting with you ladies and reading more of your stories.

Gina
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:42 PM
Hi Gina,

I remember dreading telling my family too but they were very supportive and understanding the whole time as I'm sure yours will be. I understand the younger one's may be difficult to explain to, there are some great books out there to help explain this disease to young children. However, your nurse is right and cancer is no longer the death sentence it used to be thanks to modern drugs and treatments so you may decide not to mention the C word to the younger one's which may frighten them needlessly, I'd be sure to reassure the older one's of all the long term survivors there are too, good luck and keep us posted.
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: << < ..101102103104105106107108109110.. > | Showing page 106 of 136, messages 1051 to 1060 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll