Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..101102103104105106107108109110.. > | Showing page 110 of 136, messages 1091 to 1100 of 1351
DeniseOrlando

• Total Posts : 32
  • Reward points : 730
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, April 30, 2014 4:33 PM
Thanks Tricia - I also noticed after I posted that, that in the far right box it shows the last post which you can click on as well
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, April 30, 2014 4:53 PM
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
IWillSurvive904

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, May 01, 2014 11:13 AM
Hi everyone , my name is Mary and i am a survivor of breast cancer. I just want to let everyone know to stay positive and keep a good support system around them. I created this "Be Brave, Be Bold, I Survived" tshirt so people can wear it and show their strength and support. Stay strong and the best is possible!!

http://teespring.com/ISurvivedtee
nikkiw1973

• Total Posts : 28
  • Reward points : 6410
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, May 05, 2014 9:39 AM
Hello everyone. I am new to this. I was diagnosed March 5, 2014 with Stage IV metastaic breast cancer. It's in my lungs, ovaries and spine. I am currently taking tamoxifen and will start herceptin on May 8th. I have been okay, but getting really depressed now. Trying to stay positive, but it is hard.
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, May 05, 2014 12:30 PM
Hi Nikki and welcome, so sorry you've had to join us but you're sure of lots of support here, please check my other reply to you on the stage iv forum.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
Terri Gardner

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 2100
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, May 08, 2014 12:54 PM
Hello!  I am new...recently diagnosed with DCIS in my right breast.  Had a lumpectomy last week with positive margins so back under the knife next week.  A whole lot nervous as the pathology report confirmed DCIS (good thing), High-Grade Cribriform and Comedo patterns (scary).  Altho' my BRAC 1&2 tests were negative for mutation, the high-grade comedo patterns scare me.  My original treatment based on my biopsy was lumpectomy and radiation treatments.  I could have had a mastectomy but opted for the lumpectomy since both my oncologist and surgeon said that lumpectomy with radiation will give me the same outcome as the mastectomy in my case.  Now that I know the type of cancer, I am rethinking this whole lumpectomy thing and opting to just take it all.  I have an appointment with my oncologist tomorrow to get some answers and his opinion now that we have a type of cancer.  At any rate, I am thankful for finding this forum as I was scared to death during the biopsy and diagnosis.  I look forward to talking with many of you and sharing my journey.  Would be interested to know if anyone else has a similar case as mine and what their treatment plan is.

It's a beautiful day on the Gulf Coast!

Terri
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, May 08, 2014 3:48 PM
Hi Terri and welcome, 

I'm sorry you've had to join us but hope we can offer a lot of support and info to you as you face this, I also opted for a lumpectomy with rads and have no regrets. It can be very common to not get clear margins first time so don't be discouraged, my friend is still fine ten years out having had to have a second surgery too, keep us posted!
Carepage- survivortricia
cat27

• Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 215
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:44 PM
Hi all I am Donna, 58 and just had a mammogram showing "suspicious" microcalcifications on the right...bi rad-4. I am scheduled for a needle location biopsy on Thursday morning. Anyone familiar with a needle loc? I am just wondering how much is involved in placing the needle to insert the marker wire. Also IF this does turn out to be cancer....is a bilat mastectomy an option?
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:54 PM
Hi,

I had a fine needle biopsy and not sure if thats the same thing from your post, if it is it really took no time at all, may be ten minutes in total. A mast is always an option but there are other options too so be sure to research before deciding , stick to reputable sites like www.breastcancer.org

Carepage- survivortricia
cat27

• Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 215
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, May 13, 2014 6:02 PM
Thanks. These, they are different. Needle loc is having a needle inserted under mammo and a very fine wire with a hook on the end left in the area of the problem then off to surgery for a lumpectomy with the wire as guide to those tiny little buggers.
Change Page: << < ..101102103104105106107108109110.. > | Showing page 110 of 136, messages 1091 to 1100 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll