Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..131132133134135136 > | Showing page 131 of 136, messages 1301 to 1310 of 1351
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, January 23, 2016 12:35 PM
Welcome back Polly.  Sorry to hear that this has raised it's ugly head again but I am wishing you the best.
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

helpingleo

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, January 23, 2016 1:33 PM
Hello all, has anyone heard of breast thermography before, or tried it?
scootersmom

Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, January 24, 2016 11:18 AM
Based on what I read, it sounds like an additional test using a different type of xray looking for suspicious "hotspots".

<message edited by scootersmom on Sunday, January 24, 2016 11:21 AM>
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

emes

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, January 30, 2016 8:55 AM
I just signed up: I am not sure how this works. Where do I post my question and how do I find the answer(s)? What are all these icons above? I am Em and I just finished my radiation txs which went well, glad they're over, tho'. I am interested now to learn about aromatase inhibitors which I need to start soon. I am very concerned about side effects and would like to hear fr anyone who is on them. How bad are they , when do they start to lessen and is one (of the three that are available) less likely to cause bone and joint pain (which I already suffer from, long before I got cancer). Also, what does"subscribe to the thread" mean? Thanks a lot. EmEs
scootersmom

Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, January 30, 2016 9:04 AM
Welcome to the site.  It's a little early on the boards but there are women on here that can direct you the best forum in the message boards to talk about the treatments.  I'll see if I can find them and post back.  If I can't, I know Tricia will be along soon and will know exactly where they would be and might have more information.

I have no experience with the radiation or with the inhibitors so I cannot comment.  Just know that I wish you well in this journey.

If you go to the forum menu:  maybe some of the information can be found in the forums: Radiation, Hormone theraphy or even in survivorship.  This might be a place to start until one of the other ladies can be more specific.
<message edited by scootersmom on Saturday, January 30, 2016 9:07 AM>
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, January 30, 2016 1:49 PM
I found this link explaining what it is but I haven't seen any studies on how reliable it is though and imagine all the hospitals would be using it if it was found to be better than a traditional Mammo http://www.thermologyonline.org/Breast/breast_thermography_what.htm
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Tmitch5006

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 70
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, February 12, 2016 1:57 AM
Hello, my name is Teresa. I found my breast cancer the day  after a gynecological exam-August 2006.The days flew quickly after that. And yet it seemed like my mind just stopped. Luckily I had a dear friend Kate who stood by me the entire process, from first surgeon visit to all chemotherapy and radiation. She is and always will be my angel. 
I found I had stage 2 b(surgeons discription) 3a(oncologist discription). Confusing huh. I had a lumpectomy first, then 7days later a mastectomy of my left breast. The chemo was grueling. The radiation a huge blister on my chest. 
Last year my doctor finally said I could have my mediport removed.
Today after 9 years I am still affected by the chemo. I cannot smell fresh cut grass or a rose, nor the smell of the air after a fresh cool rain. I miss these little things a lot. I cannot taste an m&m, my favorite candy, I could eat them everyday before. I can only taste salty , spicey and very sweet like a pineapple. When I do smell something it isn't what I remember, like someone peeling an orange smells like expelling gas. My left arm always hurts. Massage therapy helps an awful lot. 
Since I became full diabetic in June of last year, the neuropathy is debilitating. My hand hurt as I type. They sting and feel like needles are in them. I feel like one huge burning bruise. I spilled milk all over my mom last week as I was trying to give her a glass. She was happy I could laugh about it with her. I am just tired of breaking things. I am tired of the fatigue and pain. The sleeplessness. The loneliness in the middle of the nights. I just want someone to say its OK, they feel the same thing. This after cancer seems to go on forever. My son who was nine at the time asked me if I was ever going to get out of the fog. I have forgotten so much. He reminds me, when I don't remember, he remembers. I hate the forgotten memories, I know they were important. 
Each and every day is important, now. Cancer did make me prioritize. My life is only worth the love and laughter I can share with friends and family.
Thank you for being here for me SGK!
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, February 12, 2016 2:29 PM
Hi Teresa,

I'm so sorry you're still suffering all these side effects, maybe speak to your Dr about them? especially the neuropathy which he can give you meds for and you may need your arm checked and measured by a PT trained in Lymphedema.  I hope you get some help, I was dx a year before you and although my eye sight and teeth have deteriorated I'm grateful that in general I'm doing well without too many side effects.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
Tmitch5006

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 70
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, February 16, 2016 4:51 AM
Thanks Tricia, I spoke to one of my doctors yesterday, an endocrinologist who gave me a medicine that she hopes will help me sleep and help with the neuropathy. I too lost a tooth from the radiation. Its funny I still dream about all my teeth just falling out. I guess its the fear I will lose them all. My eyesight has always been terrible! I am so excited to find these message boards and you, its good to know I am not alone.
Thank you so much!

Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, February 16, 2016 2:20 PM
You're more than welcome Teresa and its a shame the board is a little quiet today or you would have had more replies. If you're on Facebook do look for me there or the Komen breast cancer support group, its a private group so only members can see what you post and mainly consists of all the members from here and is very busy so if you can find us I feel sure you'd enjoy it.
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: << < ..131132133134135136 > | Showing page 131 of 136, messages 1301 to 1310 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll