Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..131132133134135136 > | Showing page 134 of 136, messages 1331 to 1340 of 1351
DawnLight

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, April 08, 2016 4:06 PM
Dear Tricia, 
Thank you for welcoming me & replying to my message here.  At this point, there was no one to share with.  
Truly, bless you.  Your words helped me so very much.   

Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, April 09, 2016 10:41 AM
Dawn if I helped a little just by listening then I'm glad of that, I'm sorry the board is very quiet this weekend or you may have heard from other members, I'll be holding good thoughts for you all during this worrying time.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, April 09, 2016 2:25 PM
Dawn:

I too will be thinking positive thoughts for your daughter at her biopsy.  Those nasty "what if's" always have a way of raising their head at the time when you are the most calm.  There is a lot going on for you right now but once a diagnosis is confirmed and a plan comes together things will calm down.  What Tricia has said is true.  Alot has changed over the years and what once could have been a death sentence is now doable.  Please keep us posted and welcome.  

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

plord

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, May 06, 2016 10:24 PM

Introduce
taf

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 1045
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, June 10, 2016 10:51 AM

Hi, my name is Claudia but my nickname is taf & I live in a suburb of Fort Worth, Texas. This is my 2nd bout with breast cancer. My right breast had a stage 1 cancer in 1997 so I chose to have a lumpectomy with radiation. Now I have a cancer in my left breast. I had a mastectomy about 2 wks ago & I'm waiting for the results of the Oncotype DX test to see if chemo will be necessary.

The radiation shrunk my right breast over time so now my 2 sides are about the same size. I'm thinking a padded bra will be the way I'll go.
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, June 10, 2016 3:26 PM
Hi Claudia,

Sorry to hear you have to face this again and hopefully chemo will not be needed this time either. I had a lumpectomy but was so small anyway that a padded bra was fine for me and both looked even. I put on a little weight when I quite smoking though so did need a small prosthesis which fits into a bra pocket so I'm fine with that. Good luck and hope you're finished with treatments soon.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
vanessacraig

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 55
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, June 18, 2016 10:02 AM
Hello everyone my name is Vanesa. For a period of time I had one roommate with an ovarian cancer and only then I saw how hard and painful it was to have this kind of disease. And I wanted to offer my help and support but because I didn't have that much information I discover "reachout.life" and since then I have been using it not only for cancer but for other diseases too, and I suggested it to all of my friends. All of us either we suffer from diseases or know someone that does. So is important to have the right information and support from other people that are going through same circumstances. The app is called "reachout" and you can download it for free. Thank You, Vanessa
retroflower

• Reward points : 430
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, July 12, 2016 4:26 PM
Hello, My name is Denise and I was just diagnosed at the end of June with Invasive Mammary Carcinoma and it was confirmed with MRI results on July 7th 2016. I just discussed with the surgeon 7/11/16 that we would do simple mastectomy and he will do a sentinel node biopsy. I am wanting to do breast reconstruction and this is where my problems have started. The surgeon suggested a delayed reconstruction, which I have no problem with, but I was assuming that expanders would be needed (?) so I brought up the subject to the surgeon and he said that would be fine and he would work with the plastic surgeon for that. My problem and what I'm searching for answers for is that the only plastic surgeon that I can find that has privileges at the same hospital as my surgeon, does not accept my insurance.

Has anybody else run into this problem somewhere in the forum? or is there any suggestions?  I have a call into the plastic surgeons office to see if anything can be worked out, but they haven't called me back yet.  This is the only thing holding up my surgery date. Does this seem vain ???  I  think I'm just in a head spin. 

Thanks for any info 
Retroflower 
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, July 14, 2016 10:34 PM
It isn't vain.  You want to make sure that the headache of what the insurance company will cover is taken care of ahead of time.  If you can't get this resolved quickly you can always do the reconstruction later.
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

aloha67

• Reward points : 55
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, September 01, 2016 6:44 AM
Hello Everyone- My sister who is 42 was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 weeks ago. Since her diagnosis we have found that it is in her lymph nodes, thoracic spine and liver. We are very scared. She is supposed to start chemo today, but they are now discussing clinical trials. Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this? By the way, she had a normal mammogram less than a year ago in November of 2015. Any advice or information would be appreciated.
Change Page: << < ..131132133134135136 > | Showing page 134 of 136, messages 1331 to 1340 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll