Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 17 of 136, messages 161 to 170 of 1351
c_kusky

• Total Posts : 41
  • Reward points : 1475
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, January 08, 2010 10:18 AM
Hi mmworley1,

My name is Chelsea and I was diagnosed at 26.  The first in my family as well.  I know it can seem so overwhelming right now when you are at the beginning but it is so worth fighting in the end.  I just finished my chemo in October and went through my bi-lateral mastectomy in December.  I too recently joined in the whole online posting thing and I can tell you that so far everyone on here has been so sweet.  This place seems like it has gathered the best group of women together.  Please feel free to Personal Message me if you ever want to talk.

Hugs and prayers,
Chelsea
Chelsea
Age 27,
Wife (3.5 years) to the most amazing husband in the world 
Diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma 3/12/09, Triple Neg, Grade 3, Stage 1, Left breast, 8 rounds chemo (4 A/C mix, 4 Taxotere) Last chemo was Oct 14th!! :) Both BRAC neg & P53 neg with no family history. Had bi-lat mastectomy 12/2/09: impants 2/10/10 
mmworley1

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, January 08, 2010 10:45 AM
Hey Chelsea,

I feel that there is still so much to learn and I know that will take time. This is something I NEVER thought about evening being a possibility for me. Even two months later I still wake up most days asking myself if it is real. I'm still in shock I think. I never imagined it would/could happen to me, not at 21. I don't know what to think most days.
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, January 08, 2010 5:49 PM
Hi Megan and welcome,

I'm sorry for your diagnosis at such a young age although whatever age you face this is devastaing.
You may not know people here now but will very soon, we've had a young woman your age before but has gone on and got married and is still doing well:)
There are many here happy to help you in whatever way we can and you're amongst friends here who understand what you face.
What treatments do you have ahead??   I wish you the best with them and hope you gain lots of support and advice from komen:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
MS_ALEXIS

• Total Posts : 1
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, January 10, 2010 2:13 AM
I'm here because of FaceBook and this is why:

Laurie A Wagner Hey ya'll, your red, black,pink, blue, white, butterflied, cheetah printed, and clear bra colors made the channel 4 SLC news tonight. Facebook doesn't know who started it going but the Susan B Kolman foundation says it was a great way to raise awareness for breast cancer. Way to go! Post this on your walls and spread the word again!!!
 Alexis Miskin well it was a joke from my friend and she asked me to post it on my page-- here's the original post>>
Between You and Linda Myers Mitchell
Linda Myers MitchellL: January 8 at 4:24pm

We are playing a game...... silly, but fun! Write the color of your bra as your status, just the color, nothing else!! Copy this and pass it on to all girls/Females ...... NO MEN!! This will be fun to see how it spreads, and we are leaving the men wondering why all females just have a color as their status!! Let's have fun!! supporting breast cancer xx ...

Alexis Miskin: January 8 at 11:05pm
NONE 

Alexis Miskin PS Note: I/We hope we didnt offend any 1 with this, but I see
from your post "Susan B Kolman foundation says it was a great way to raise awareness for breast cancer. Way to go! Post this on your walls and spread the word again!!!" glad this ended in positive way..

MS_ALEXIS

I have not lost a breast to cancer, but to a very bad butcher job Breast Reduction.
<message edited by MS_ALEXIS on Sunday, January 10, 2010 6:15 AM>
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, January 10, 2010 12:49 PM
Hi,

Many of us who post here are also on FB as you may know and joined in the fun for breast awareness this past week:)

I know a few men there who are now posting the colour of their boxer's or whatever to raise awareness for testicular cancer so it seems to have had a great response and I'm sure no one was offended.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
mmworley1

• Total Posts : 4
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:38 PM
I am recovering from a single left side mastectomy right now. Next is 7 or 8 rounds of a/c chemotherapy. I am scared. The wounds make me feel ugly and horrible. It's almost like my world is spinning and won't stop. I came here looking for support during this impossible time in life from others who had been through similar experiences and I can already tell that I have found it.
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, January 10, 2010 7:09 PM
Hi again,

Did you take a look on the surgery/recon forum and also the chemo forum??  There are lots of ladies there going through what you are and also lots of tips and advice on chemo.

I had a/c too, it's no picnic but is do able really and not as bad as you fear.  Please check out the chemo forum and join the other girls on the winter chemo thread, it really will help and they welcome all new members:)
Carepage- survivortricia
nmb

• Total Posts : 663
  • Reward points : 3505
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, January 10, 2010 7:24 PM
MMWorley, please come on the chemo forum - post a new thread or join us Winter Ladies.  We are all going through it (and sometimes vent... which is good but do get over it!)
I've felt the same as you.  Are you going to do reconstruction?  Many of us do so the reconstruct forum is great too.

Hang in there - it WILL get better.  Heck, I'm going to the surgery again -- not fun but it can save our life.

We are here for you.
Nancy
DX 7/15/09, IDC at age 47
Tumor 3.5 x 2.5 x 3 cm
ER/PR +, HER-2 neg, Stage II, T2, N1 (3 of 9 positive)
Right Modified Radical Mastectomy w/expander 8/27/09 
BRCA1/2 Negative w/strong family history
4 Dose Dense A/C DONE 11/10/09!!! 
4 DD Taxol DONE 1/12/10!!!
28 Rads DONE 3/18/10!!! 
Ooph Feb, 2011
Prophylactic left mastectomy & reconstruct hoping 2011
Tamoxifin (a few months) and AI (5 yrs)
Danere

• Total Posts : 2
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, January 29, 2010 10:25 PM
My name is Danere. I am 27yrs old and 2 days ago I got diagnosed with BC. I am waiting on the Dr. office to call me as to when my MRI is scheduled. I don't know what the plan is and I wish I had so much more information. The tumor is approx 5cm and the Dr. said that we may start with radiation to try and shrink it then do the surgery but that isn't a for sure thing. I am very worried because I can't seem to cry. I know I want to but I haven't. What is wrong with me? All I worry about is how this is going to affect this semester of college. School is so important to me and it's all I have besides family and a few real friends of course! I am just so lost and confused and scared that I may have to loose my breast at age 27. My thoughts are all over the place and I hope they don't sound dumb! Anyways, thanks for listening.    Danere
medic2846

• Total Posts : 1
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, January 30, 2010 7:29 PM
Hi Everyone...
My name is Ellen and I have been diagnosed with Invasive Lobular Carcinoma and Lobular Carcinoma in situ.
I am 52 years old and to tell you the truth, I am scared as hell. Everyone keeps telling me how strong I am and what a fighter I have always been, but now, truthfully, I just want to melt.
For the last 29 years I have worked in the medical field as a nurse and for the last 6 years as a paramedic. Maybe that is what scares me so much, the knowledge but yet I feel like I am clueless.
Surgery is Monday (the day after tomorrow).. bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction. My surgeons are wonderful, skilled, professional, kind, with great reputations. (did I also mention compassionate) The hospital is one that I have worked at for years, so the care will be top notch.
Its still the unknown that is so scary. What will they find when the sentinal node biopsy is done first? Just overwelmed is how I feel right now.
The Wellness community has been wonderful and so helpful.
And just sitting here writing all these feelings and thoughts out has also helped.
Thank you for letting me vent.
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 17 of 136, messages 161 to 170 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll