Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 18 of 136, messages 171 to 180 of 1351
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, January 30, 2010 7:43 PM
Welcome, Danere and Ellen. You two show that this disease doesn't discriminate according to age. You'll meet women here both young and old(er), with different types of BC and at different stages. I wish you both the very best and hope that your node biopsy reports come back negative. There are many women who do have positive nodes, of course, and we go on to do well anyway. I was diagnosed with 22 positive nodes 23 years ago, and I'm alive, well and going strong. Please feel free to vent or ask questions any time at all. There are separate boards for questions about surgery, treatments, etc., as well as the Sound Off board where you can raise any issue or question or just ask for support. Take care. Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
nmb

• Total Posts : 663
  • Reward points : 3505
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, January 31, 2010 8:29 PM
Hi Danere, So sorry to hear and such a young age... hard.  I'd probably feel like you with the college part.  But if you need to take a break it will be temporary.  This does take over your life but it's worth it at the end.  NOTHING sounds dumb, this is a safe place to come and say whatever is on your mind.  Keep us posted; this is wonderful group off ladies with a wide span of real life experience.

Hi Ellen, Bet I am too late for you to read this before surgery but my prayers will be with you tomorrow (Monday)  Hope your nodes are clear and you have a comfortable recovery.   Check out the Surgery/Reconstruct thread and post any questions you have (or the Sound off thread)  Biggest thing... take it EASY after surgery (but I bet you already know that from your med experience)
Nancy
DX 7/15/09, IDC at age 47
Tumor 3.5 x 2.5 x 3 cm
ER/PR +, HER-2 neg, Stage II, T2, N1 (3 of 9 positive)
Right Modified Radical Mastectomy w/expander 8/27/09 
BRCA1/2 Negative w/strong family history
4 Dose Dense A/C DONE 11/10/09!!! 
4 DD Taxol DONE 1/12/10!!!
28 Rads DONE 3/18/10!!! 
Ooph Feb, 2011
Prophylactic left mastectomy & reconstruct hoping 2011
Tamoxifin (a few months) and AI (5 yrs)
paola

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, February 04, 2010 3:23 AM
Hi DJW!

It's a few days I'm trying to present myself without success... I'll tray again hoping a better luck!

Hi!(and Ciao!)
My name is Paola, fityfive, and I'm wrinting from Rome
(Italy); I apologize until now for all my probable (sure!)
errors and english misspelling ... Sob!

I had a cancer diagnosis on january 2009; in the same month
a had surgery (quadrantectomy); negative nodes.
From March to July 2009 Chemo (EC protocol) and Radio.

Now I've Herceptin (weekly) and Arimidex.

Nevertheless, I'm very fine now!

Is it strange?
No. I think not.

I'm having my life, my job, my family (also a daugher 29
years), my boyfriend (!), my friends, my study and all my
interest and curiosity about the world... so I'm happy!

Now, the last week I was contacted for an experimental study
about a new molecole; its name: Neratinib. So I'm looking
for information about it. I know it's for Her2 positive
cancer like Herceptin and I sow same experimental procedure
with this new drug. But not much.

Do you know better this experimental trials?

I thank you very much in advance,

a large smile to all you!

Paola

IBC January 2009
HER2 positive
quadrantectomy
Chemo & Radiation March-July 2009
Now Herceptin (one year) and
Arimidex (5 years)

Ann B.

• Total Posts : 2920
  • Reward points : 5060
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, February 04, 2010 11:57 AM
Hi Paola--I don't have an answer to your question but I did want to welcome you to the Komen message boards.  It's unfortunate that we have to meet in this way, but it is wonderful that the internet gives us an opportunity to meet people from all over the world and some of them become good friends.  You might want to post your question on the chemo forum where it won't get lost and someone may have an answer or information for you.  Just one other thing--your English is fine and much better than my Italian.  (I don't know any Italian except for a few common words--pizza being the one I would use the most.)  Anyway, good luck.
                                                                                Ann B.
Ann B.
12/89--Lumptectomy of left breast for 2 sites of DCIS followed by radiation and 5 years of tamoxifen. ER/PR +
12/2002--Mastectomy of Left breast for recurrence. Nodes negative. ER/PR+ Her2-. Arimidex.
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, February 05, 2010 6:45 AM
Hello Paola and welcome,

Your English is wonderful, I live in Ireland and am also her2+

I know many people on this trial and you can find out lots more about it on www.her2support.org

I'm glad you have come through all this so well and enjoying your life again.  I'll be five years out this summer which I'm sure I have herceptin to thank:)

Good luck and keep us posted:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
paola

• Total Posts : 2
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, February 08, 2010 4:18 AM
Hi and thank you for your very nice welcome!

I've just seen www.her2support.org site where I found some information about Neratinib that may be useful to me... thanks!

A big kiss

Paola

Carolyn Projansky

• Total Posts : 1
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:11 PM
Hello, My name is Carolyn. I am in the process of being diagnosed.  It's a recurrence - from stage 1 five years ago to stage 4 now. It's in my lymph nodes and my spine (the bone). I'm shocked, scared to death and really panicked because we are in the midst of the biggest blizzard I can ever remember which is slowing down my getting into treatment. All the doctors are closed down. I am very very frightened that my tumors are growing while I wait for test results, wait for doctors appts, etc. 

When I had cancer five years ago it was tiny bits, but "multifocal" so I needed a mastectomy.  They told me my sentinel nodes were clean. But obviously they were not or maybe they missed some cells?  No one suggested chemo because the nodes were "clean."  I feel really misled by that.  Now I'm stage 4. 

I read the survival stats on the web and I am terrified that I won't survive this. I need to hear from other women who have stage 4 and are surviving.  It's midnight and I can't sleep. Anyone out there? 
Ann B.

• Total Posts : 2920
  • Reward points : 5060
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, February 11, 2010 8:42 AM
Hi Carolyn--I want to welcome you to the boards and tell you how sorry I am that you have to be here.  Although I had a recurrence 7 years ago. our stories, so far, are different.  I do, however, relate to your teror.  I want to assure you that the few days delay in starting treatment will not make things worse.  I also wanted to suggest that you might want to post on the Stage 4 forum.  There are a number of wonderful women on this board who are surviving with stage 4 bc and can offer advice and support.  Good luck.

Ann B.
Ann B.
12/89--Lumptectomy of left breast for 2 sites of DCIS followed by radiation and 5 years of tamoxifen. ER/PR +
12/2002--Mastectomy of Left breast for recurrence. Nodes negative. ER/PR+ Her2-. Arimidex.
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, February 11, 2010 2:01 PM
Hi Carolyn,

I'd like to echo Ann's words to you and hope you join us on the stage iv forum.   Stage iv is generally treated as a chronic rather than terminal illness now, and while it must be so scary for you please know there are many here to help you.

Many people are surviving for years as stage iv so it's not the death sentence it once was and drugs and treatment have come a long way since your first bout with cancer.
Good luck. xx
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Jme1210

• Total Posts : 1
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:27 AM
Hi, my name is Jamie. I haven't been disgnosed with breast cancer but my mom has. She actually called me yesterday to confirm THE news. My mom is so strong, I know she's terrified, I got on this website for her. I will be there to support her throughout. We don't know the stage of her cancer, she goes to see a surgeon this Thursday. We'll know more then. I want to get all the info I can for her and for me and my family. And since it runs in the family, I can be more informed if it happens to me too.
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 18 of 136, messages 171 to 180 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll