Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 20 of 136, messages 191 to 200 of 1351
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, February 28, 2010 5:21 PM
Hi Marleen,

I'm so sorry you've had to face this again but thankfully as a local recurrance rather than a distant one.

It's good you have so much suopport. I also am on an A1 having had an ooph as I was highly hormone positive.
Lookign forward to getting to know you more and good luck with your other treatments and please keep us posted:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
nmb

• Total Posts : 663
  • Reward points : 3505
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, February 28, 2010 7:10 PM
Hi again Marlene.  I started neither Tamox or Femara, unfortunately still in radiation therapy.  The reason for the switch is because I plan to have an oophorectomy which will force menopause (thus the Femara.)  If no ooph then it would be 5 years of Tamoxofin since we assume I am still pre-menopausal (though hard to know since chemo)

Do have a 2nd opinion which would skip the Tamoxofin with Ooph; will be talking my regular onc about it this week. 
Nancy
DX 7/15/09, IDC at age 47
Tumor 3.5 x 2.5 x 3 cm
ER/PR +, HER-2 neg, Stage II, T2, N1 (3 of 9 positive)
Right Modified Radical Mastectomy w/expander 8/27/09 
BRCA1/2 Negative w/strong family history
4 Dose Dense A/C DONE 11/10/09!!! 
4 DD Taxol DONE 1/12/10!!!
28 Rads DONE 3/18/10!!! 
Ooph Feb, 2011
Prophylactic left mastectomy & reconstruct hoping 2011
Tamoxifin (a few months) and AI (5 yrs)
MLB

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 845
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, March 01, 2010 2:23 AM
Can you let me know what an oophorectomy is?  I started menopause in my late 40's so I was kinda surprised when my onc. gave me a choice of Tamox or AI.  I chose Tamox only because my sister had taken it for 5 yrs and had no residual side effects.  I'm hoping the same for me.

Always good to get a second opinion.  I'm glad you're doing that.  On March 9th, under the knife I go again for a skin graft because of what radiation did to me skin 6 yrs ago.  Oh well...
MLB

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 845
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, March 01, 2010 2:26 AM
Nice to hear from you, Tricia!  I'm so not familiar with what ooph is!  So, I'm assuming you were not menopausal when all of this great stuff happened, right?
Marlene
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, March 01, 2010 7:25 AM
Yes Marleen I was, the ooph is simply having your ovaries removed which some onc's like the idea of and other's dont so it's quite a controversial issue.   In my case I'm highly triple positive and as ovarian cancer can be closely linked to breast cancer my onc was all for the idea.  My periods had stopped during chemo anyway but they can re start anytime so I really wanted to reduce the estrogen as much as possible and be certain I was in menopause.
Arimidex is also a better choice for me as her2+.......
There are a few ladies here taking tamox who are post menopausal but I think they're in the minority.
Good luck with the surgery and hope you have a quick recovery. xx
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
carla_B007

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, March 03, 2010 12:43 PM
Hi,
 I'm Carla and will be celebrating 46 glorious years this coming Sunday.  I have stage IV breast with mets to Bones, Lungs, and Liver.  

I begin chemo in two weeks.....looking forward to it, because anything that gives me an extra day, month, year with love ones is worth the trouble. I  have just begun to fight.

everydaysagift

• Total Posts : 192
  • Reward points : 1625
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, March 03, 2010 5:40 PM
Hi Carla,

I'm so sorry for the diagnosis and the challenges ahead.  The positive mindset and determination, conveyed in those few sentences, will serve you well in the coming months. 

The sharing spirits who come together here, offer a wealth of wisdom, experience, humor and moral support.  It's a soft place to fall, on a rough (or just plain lousey) day.  We're in your corner and hope you visit often.

Can't close without offering early "Happy 46 Years" wishes.  Thinking of you and sending much good karma your way for the upcoming chemo.  May The Force Be With You.........

Take care....Diane
<message edited by everydaysagift on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 5:52 PM>
09/08 Excis biop R breast - Dx LCIS
12/08 Hyster & Oopherectomy (endometrial hyperplasia)
06/09 Clear bilat. mammo & ultrasound
08/09 Bilat. breast MRI - "suspicious" area on L
10/09 L breast lumpectomy - Dx hi grade DCIS  
DVT hist R/O hormone therapy
Bilat. mast. w/expanders on Dec 18, 2009 
 Reconstruct date & type 2B determined
nmb

• Total Posts : 663
  • Reward points : 3505
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, March 04, 2010 7:20 PM
Hi Carla,

What a great attitude, you warrior!!!  The chemo forum is great - hope you participate.  And, though I am not advanced, so only read the thread,  Re:Sunbearz 2.. is a great place for you visit.  The ladies there can explain why it is named such.

Hang in there, prayers are with you.  And all of us are here for you!
Nancy
DX 7/15/09, IDC at age 47
Tumor 3.5 x 2.5 x 3 cm
ER/PR +, HER-2 neg, Stage II, T2, N1 (3 of 9 positive)
Right Modified Radical Mastectomy w/expander 8/27/09 
BRCA1/2 Negative w/strong family history
4 Dose Dense A/C DONE 11/10/09!!! 
4 DD Taxol DONE 1/12/10!!!
28 Rads DONE 3/18/10!!! 
Ooph Feb, 2011
Prophylactic left mastectomy & reconstruct hoping 2011
Tamoxifin (a few months) and AI (5 yrs)
JRodgers

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 3445
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, March 13, 2010 11:56 PM
Hi,

My name is Jessica and I received the horrible call from my Dr this past Friday night with the news that I have breast cancer.  I'm 32 and in complete disbelief.  So many thoughts and feelings, highs and lows.  The worst part is I may be pregnant with my second child.  My son is only 1 1/2.  I don't know whether to be upset, angry, worried, scared.  I can't get a grip.  Thankfully I have a wonderful husband. 

Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:52 PM
Hi jessica and welcome,

Please start a new thread and you'll get lots of replies:)

There is another lady who posted yesterday also unsure if she's pregnant so you need not be alone here and there are many waiting to offer support.

Are you having a mast or lumpectomy??
I'm sure you're over whelmed right now but we can help you with any questions you have and please know this will get easier as you get a treatment plan and know all the details of your diagnosis:)

Tricia xx
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 20 of 136, messages 191 to 200 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll