Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 26 of 136, messages 251 to 260 of 1351
DebraD

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, May 07, 2010 3:20 PM
Thanks for the reply.  I am glad I wasnt the only one.
I will definitely check out the reconstruction section.
Thanks again

DebraD

• Total Posts : 3
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, May 07, 2010 3:39 PM
CAn you let me know how to stop the emails from being sent?  i went on the profile subscription page and dont have the option to email so I am confused.  Maybe went to the wrong page.  CAn you helP?
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, May 07, 2010 5:24 PM
Debra,

Do you mean the e mails telling you that you have a reply???

This is done by going to the user cp above and if you go to preference's you may be able to untick the box?

If this does'nt work send a private message to komen admin or e mail  webmaster@komen.org

Hope this helps but let me know if you can't sort it out:)

Check this out out too http://apps.komen.org/forums/tm.aspx?m=127105
<message edited by Tricia Keegan on Friday, May 07, 2010 5:25 PM>
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
EricaArcos

• Total Posts : 5
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, May 22, 2010 4:47 PM
Hello all!

I really don't know where to start...My name is Erica and I just turned 25. My husband and I have been married for 6 years and have two children (my youngest is special needs and my son is medically needy)...it's rough, but I wouldn't trade a thing.

I have not been diagnosed with breast cancer, but i don't know where to go about this "monkey on my back".  I'm only 25 years old and one year ago My OB found a small mass in my breast and told me "we'll keep an eye on it". I do my self exams every month, but I feel it is all in vain because the mass is still there and maybe a bit bigger. I live in Texas and we have a program call women's health medicaid to pay for yearly pap and breast exam, but they never told me it's only that...no treatment if anything is found and no further testing.  I don't make enough money to pay for insurance or self pay doctor's visits.  So now my OB said I should get a diagnostic mammogram because of the mass and a family history of breast cancer (both my grandmas). Problem is I can't!! I just want to cry!!! How can people preach EARLY DETECTION...EARLY DETECTION...EARLY DETECTION when it's useless for me!? I'm so mad and frustrated at my current situation, and I don't even know who I can vent to...until i found this site.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, May 22, 2010 5:22 PM
Erica, here is the link for Susan G. Komen affiliates: http://ww5.komen.org/affiliates.aspx
Click on Texas on the map, and all the Texas affiliates will be listed. Find the one nearest you, call them, and ask if they can help you find what you need in order to have the diagnostic mammogram. With an apparent lump and your family history, there is no reason for you to go without the proper care. Here are some other links that may be useful: http://www.weathervanefoundation.org/resources_freemammograms.php. Also, be sure to ask about the best test for young women, who tend to have more-dense breast tissue; sometimes, a mammogram is not the best test in those cases. I wish you the best, Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
EricaArcos

Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, May 22, 2010 7:18 PM
Thanks Rena! I'll start looking at those sites right now and start on all the calling around Monday.  Thank you, thank you, thank you soooooo much!
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, May 22, 2010 8:13 PM
Good luck, Erica! I hope this turns out to be nothing serious. Will you let us know? Take care! Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
EricaArcos

Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, May 23, 2010 8:20 PM
I'm sure it's nothing. I really haven't heard of women in my age group being diagnosed, but I've been living under a rock... I will keep y'all posted. Thanks again.
iampinkribbon

• Total Posts : 7
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, May 25, 2010 7:01 AM
Hi! I'm a fundraiser who wants to help fundraisers too. I'm selling fund raising merchandises at bulk in lowest prices.

Please hit me up if you want to know more about my products.

Thanks!
EricaArcos

ugh! - Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:30 PM
Hey Rena,

I called the komen hotline and my local office. I got hung up on twice, was on hod for about 20 minutes, and when I finally got to talk to someone they just told me to contact yet another company (carelink) which i have been referred to before and the wait is horrible to get an appt.

My appt for the mammogram is tomorrow at noon and I can pay about $160 up front and make payments for the rest.  That would be nice if i wasn't about $150 negative in my account. I have nothing to give up front, no insurance, no help.  I feel like if I continue with this I'm just going to end up with the same problem.  If something is found who am I going to go to to review it with me, who is going to treat me, how am I going to get the help for the next step if I can't even get through the first step????  Maybe I should just let it go...
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 26 of 136, messages 251 to 260 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll