Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 28 of 136, messages 271 to 280 of 1351
mjjones453

• Total Posts : 52
  • Reward points : 6535
Re:ugh! - Thursday, June 10, 2010 1:00 PM
Karen,  Welcome! This is a good sight to gain info, and ask question. I wish you the best as you go through this. I also had IDC, stage one, and had a low oncotype score of 8, so I only had to do rads. I know I am so blesssed not to have gone through what many others have endured.  The info can be very overwhelming, but you will sift through it and gain all kinds of knowledge;And then you will do what is best for you! Mary
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:ugh! - Thursday, June 10, 2010 2:21 PM
Welcome Karen and Mary,

I hope you find lots of support and info and friendship here as I have:)

Please look through the other forums and feel free to post any questions you may have, there are many here to help you:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
wahine17

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, June 15, 2010 12:28 AM
hello everyone!

my name is mary and it is my  71 years old mother who has cancer. her dx: infiltrating ductal CA (r) breast.
she was diagnosed last week and today, she went to the hospital to have an EKG for her lumpectomy & sentinel lymph node surgery on june 21st.

i have never felt so alone and scared in my life! i'm just hoping that the doctor will find the nodes to be negative and it did not metastasize (sp).

i'm here to get and as well, to give some support, friendship and knowledge on how we can beat this disease.

thanks and i hope i can get some feedback on what to do and expect with breast cancer.

love,
mary
wahine17

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Re:ugh! - Tuesday, June 15, 2010 12:30 AM
Tricia Keegan

Welcome Karen and Mary,

I hope you find lots of support and info and friendship here as I have:)

Please look through the other forums and feel free to post any questions you may have, there are many here to help you:)

Thanks for the warm welcome, Tricia!!!

mary
angelcakes

• Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 3170
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:17 PM
Hi Everybody,

My name is Angel and I am new to the forum.  I was diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer back in December of 2007, although I first discovered the tumor in my breast in August of 2007. I had stage 2a cancer grade 3, and tested negative for both BRCA 1 &2 genes.  I have been in remission for 2 1/2 years and still get really afraid of having a recurrence and losing my life to this disease.  I signed up to this board so I can meet and talk with other women here who are in my shoes.  I try talking with my family about it, but they just don't seem to understand and think that I am in fear over nothing. I have a lot to worry about.
<message edited by angelcakes on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:19 PM>
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:45 PM
Hi Angel and welcome,

There are many ladies with a similar diagnosis on these forums that can give you lots of support and advice.

Please look through all the forums and start a new thread for questions you may have should you need to)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
redspark

• Total Posts : 176
  • Reward points : 4460
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:03 PM
Hi everyone!  My name is Marianne.  I am near the end of my treatments so am looking for wonderful advice on things like growing hair back, anything special to lose this steroid face etc.   I was diagnosed end of Aug 2009.  I had invasive ductal carcinoma Grade1/3 estrogen and progesterone positive and Her2 negative.  I went into surgery with the expectation of only surgery as everything looked clean.   Unfortunately 1 lymph node was positive.  I had some trouble healing but all is well now.  I had the incision under my breast so i cannot even see it.  I also kept my areola. My expander was put in at the same time.    My chemotherapy started in january.  I had 4 treatments of AC and now I am on 12 weekly treatments of Taxol.  However I have had to take a week break after every 3rd treatment as the neuropothy hit immediately!!!!! They also reduced my dosage. These have helped.  I have 4 treatments to go!   I will be meeting with my plastic surgeon this week to plan my surgery to replace my expander with a silicone implant.   Other than being out for the mastectomy I am working.  They are supportive but it is almost all I can do.   My challenges now are the peach fuzz on the face, hair growing back but still needing the wig for work, and the weight / steroid face I now have.  While the end is in sight the climb is getting steeper.  I won't need radiation but I will need tamoxifin and really don't want to take it.  I'll get a picture on here soon!  Mar
Marianne

Diagnosis: IDC Grade 1/3, Estrogen receptor +, progesterone+, Her2 neg  (9/2009) 
-Modified radical right breast mastectomy, kept areola, with  expander; 1 node positive
-A/C (4 Jan-Apr 2010), Taxol (12 Apr -July 23 2010)
- I'm done with chemo!!!!!!
Reconstruction surgery 9/10/2010

Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, June 16, 2010 7:41 PM
Hi and welcome Marianne,

Please post on the sound off forum for more tips/advice to tackle any probs you have as its busier than this forum and more will see your post.

I'm glad you found us and are at the end of tx's almost,I also hated that peach fuzz and shaved which is not what is recommended but I was impatient lol....
Looking forward to chatting with you more:)
Carepage- survivortricia
redspark

• Total Posts : 176
  • Reward points : 4460
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, June 17, 2010 8:12 PM
Thanks Tricia!  I am still learning to navigate the sight and forums.   You all are an inspiration!
Marianne

Diagnosis: IDC Grade 1/3, Estrogen receptor +, progesterone+, Her2 neg  (9/2009) 
-Modified radical right breast mastectomy, kept areola, with  expander; 1 node positive
-A/C (4 Jan-Apr 2010), Taxol (12 Apr -July 23 2010)
- I'm done with chemo!!!!!!
Reconstruction surgery 9/10/2010

Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, June 18, 2010 3:44 PM
Marianne - if you go to the forum above this one on the main page Komen admin have posted some F&Q's to help you make the most of the site:)
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 28 of 136, messages 271 to 280 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll