Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 32 of 136, messages 311 to 320 of 1351
angelwoman1

• Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 595
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, August 03, 2010 1:35 PM
My name is Pam/aka Angelwoman1,
I was diagnosed on 5/12/10.  I have had 4 treatments of AC and now have to have 4 treatments of Taxol. Want to meet people going thru the same and would like to talk to people who have been thru this.

Diagnosed: May 12, 2010
Diagnosis: Diagnosis: 5/12/2010, IDC, 3cm, Stage II,  ER+/PR+, HER2-

Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, August 03, 2010 3:24 PM
Hi Pam,

I had a/c, but had the taxol at a lower weekly dosage along with herceptin, most people agree the taxol is far easier to tolerate than a/c.
My hair also grew back on taxol, it can have it's own side effects but none I felt were as tough as the a/c.    I also did'nt need anti nausea meds or neulasta.   I hope you do well on it, if you go check out the chemo forum there are lots of ladies going through this right now as you are, on the summer chemo thread.
Just pop in and say hi, all are welcome and it makes it all a little easier when shared:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
angelwoman1

• Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 595
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, August 05, 2010 7:14 AM
Thank you trisha, I go today for my first Taxol. embarassed to say a little scared. you made me feel so much better. The AC by the time I got the 4th it hit me. the onc office told me these will be easier. But it is always good to hear from other people who have been through it. thank you again and nice to meet you!  pam
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, August 05, 2010 9:39 AM
Pam,

You may have left already, but wanted to say be prepared for the first taxol to take longer than usual.   They give it very slowly to avoid the chance of an allergic reaction, any future ones  should be faster though.

Good luck and I notice you had joined the chemo ladies so will be sure to pop in and see how it went:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Princess of Hope

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, August 15, 2010 5:41 PM
Hi my name is Melonee and I host a Benifit Pageant called the Miss Princess Of Hope. We are trying to raise money in diffrent ways, such as the pageant and little fundraisers.  We walk in 2 to 3 walks a year. I have queens aging from 0-78. My Elegant Mrs. happens to be abreast cancer survivor, I am honored to have her, everytime she walked on the stage she got a standing opaton. i loved it. I have 2 very dear titles that i call Ambassador of Hope. These 2 ladies had to write an essay about breast cancer and what they could do in there year to help promote awareness. I love both girls that won this, One is a child who is 10 and the other is 38. These two ladied worked very hard for this title. We are actually going to be donating money in October at the Galveston, Tx D'Feet Breast Cancer walk. we are all so excited. My girls walk in class,(in there crowns and sashes, and we do it all in Bling)!! I hope to become good friends with everyone and hope all has a blessed day.
Mom813

• Total Posts : 55
  • Reward points : 2075
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:42 PM
Hi Everyone,  Just diagnosed on my 50th birthday, Friday 13th.  I don't know where to begin.  Lost my mom to pancreatic ca. just a few months ago and now this.  I'm scared and don't know where to turn.  The waiting is driving me crazy. Two weeks for Dr. appt., 1 week for biopsy, 1 week for MRI then we decide the plan,  In the meantime I feel like a ticking timebomb with every passing day. Going to work is overwhelming and I just cry all the time.  Is this the new normal?

Ann B.

• Total Posts : 2920
  • Reward points : 5060
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:47 PM
Hi Mom--I, too, was diagnosed, the first time, around my 50th birthday and that was 20 years ago.  And, yes. what you are feeling is normal.  The one thing we all share is waiting and having the waiting cause great stress and anxiety.  When you know exactly what you are dealing with and have a treatment plan, you will feel much better.  Just remember that this cancer has been in your body several years before it was discovered and you will not be hurt by waiting a few weeks.  Good luck and please come back and let us know how things are going.

Ann B.
Ann B.
12/89--Lumptectomy of left breast for 2 sites of DCIS followed by radiation and 5 years of tamoxifen. ER/PR +
12/2002--Mastectomy of Left breast for recurrence. Nodes negative. ER/PR+ Her2-. Arimidex.
sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, August 18, 2010 7:18 AM
Hi Mom,
I'm sorry for the loss of your Mom, and now having to deal with this so soon.
Those few weeks between diagnosis and knowing the treatment plan is so stressful.  It's all consuming and hard to redirect your thoughts to anything else, when you are  thinking about the cancer.  It will get better.
Do you have any specifics about your diagnosis yet? 
Come over to the "waiting room" on the sound off forum and we will hold your hand and wait with you.
Sharon
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
spectech

• Total Posts : 2
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, August 22, 2010 6:20 PM
I was recently diagnosed on 8/3 with DCIS high grade comedocarcinoma of the right breast. age 48,  after initally diagnosis 10 months ago of ADH. Two lumpectomies were benign following complication with clip and wire migration on stereotactic biopsy. Follow up MRI found DCIS is same area, srongly positive for estrogen/progesteron receptors. BRCA negative. Mom only one with breast cancer in 1988 at age 66. Significant scarring, deformity and pain from lumpectomies. Left breast also with issues, nothing definitive or suspicious. I have chosen a mastectomy, my gyn wants to also do a laparoscopic hysterectomy with removal of the ovaries.  I  am too over weight to go on Tamoxifen. So confused right now....especially having my ovaries removed as I already suffer from night sweats and insomnia....not so much hot flashes, and there is nothing really to prevent my surgically induced menopause after I have it done. Scared and confused in Florida.
spectech

• Total Posts : 2
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, August 22, 2010 6:34 PM
oops..."surgically induced menopausal SYMPTOMS"
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 32 of 136, messages 311 to 320 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll