Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 34 of 136, messages 331 to 340 of 1351
marlenet

• Total Posts : 24
  • Reward points : 2815
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:59 AM
Nan- so sorry you have to be here.  Having to go through this sucks.  Take a deep breath, you will be fine.  I know that is easier said than done.  I was feeling the same when I had to go through this.

lil Bella- so sorry you have to be here.  As you said you are not alone. We are in this togather.  I was amazed at how many people have or had breast cancer! 

Send you both prayers, hugs and healing vibes. 
DX AT  age 44 (1 wk before my 45th d-day)
IDC
Stage 1, Grade 2
0.6 CM
ER,PR + HER--
Node -
Onco score  25 (16% recurrance)
Chemo 4x T&C
Rads 33
Tamoxifen-currently
redspark

• Total Posts : 176
  • Reward points : 4460
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:44 AM
Nan and lil bella sorry you both have been diagnosed with bc but as you can see from the postings here the future is bright.   We'll be here for you as you go through this journey.  Ask questions, many will answer.  Be positive - it does make a difference.  Your body listens to your mind.  Hugs!  Marianne
Marianne

Diagnosis: IDC Grade 1/3, Estrogen receptor +, progesterone+, Her2 neg  (9/2009) 
-Modified radical right breast mastectomy, kept areola, with  expander; 1 node positive
-A/C (4 Jan-Apr 2010), Taxol (12 Apr -July 23 2010)
- I'm done with chemo!!!!!!
Reconstruction surgery 9/10/2010

pinkie65

• Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 860
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, September 17, 2010 9:33 AM
Hi,
New to the message boards.  I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in July and had a bilateral mastectomy with breast reconstruction on August 13, 2010.  I will be starting Chemo on next week.  I'm thankful that I found the support I need from this web site.  MD visits and treatments are a little overwhelming.
Yolanda in Houston, TX
Diagnosed Stage II June 30, 2010 
Triple negative HER
Bilateral Mastectomy August 13, 2010 (Lymphs clean) 
with Breast Reconstruction
Cytoxan/Adrimycin/Taxol-Completed 1/4/2011-eight rounds
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, September 17, 2010 10:00 AM
Hi, 

Sorry you had to join us, but I guarantee you will find lots of support and love on this site.  Please let us know how you're doing.

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

pinkie65

• Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 860
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, September 17, 2010 3:38 PM
Thanks!  I do not turn down any hugs from anyone.  Trying to stay positive and strong for the kiddos, 9 and 11. Chemo starts on next Thursday, will definitely try to get through the N/V, that's expected.  Already have a nice wig. 
Yolanda
Yolanda in Houston, TX
Diagnosed Stage II June 30, 2010 
Triple negative HER
Bilateral Mastectomy August 13, 2010 (Lymphs clean) 
with Breast Reconstruction
Cytoxan/Adrimycin/Taxol-Completed 1/4/2011-eight rounds
sueame143

• Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 175
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:59 AM
Tiara what a beautiful name. Im so sorry about the news you receieved. personal i wouldn't know first hand how it would feel hearing that news i only know threw hearing it about my mom not for myself personally, but i know it must be so hard.Of course ur scared anyone would be you just have to think positive everyday .and take it one day at a time. and no stress. because i learned with my mom having stage 4 lung cancer stress only makes it worse not better so calm quiet soothing environments are good. and dont worry you will make the right decsion. so dont worry about that. my prays will be with you .and i know what you mean it is so hard to stay positive it sounds easier than it is. thats good u have ur husband as a good support system. unfortunally im an only child and dont even have a father so i have a very small familly and my support system right now isnt where id like it to be. But as for your daughter dont worry maybe you can look into support groups for kids dealing with parents with cancer. i dont know if they have any for kids. but its worth a shot to find out. o and staying positive betweeen you and me i kno its so hard to. but we have to everyday. and take it one day at a time. dont worry everything will be ok my prays will be with you and your family. stay  POSITIVE. and ill try to ,myself to.
lizibth

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 125
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, September 19, 2010 8:48 PM
Hi,
My name is Annabeth and I am 27 years old. I was diagnosed with DCIS about 10 weeks ago. Four weeks ago I underwent a mastectomy with a TRAM flap reconstruction. A week after my surgery my pathology came back and they successfully removed everything. The margins were clean as well as the lymph nodes. I don't have any further treatment (as far as chemo, radiation or any other medication). I consider myself extremely lucky. However, I am really struggling right now. I thought I would be able to attack everything that was happening to me because of my amazing support system, but I am becoming more depressed everyday. I really need to find a support group or someway to express myself. I really do well when I have a task or something I can focus on and was hoping there would be something I could do to help others. This is my first attempt at making myself better (besides the surgery of course) and becoming stronger. I am really anxious to talk and see how this will help me.

Ann B.

• Total Posts : 2920
  • Reward points : 5060
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, September 19, 2010 10:51 PM
Hi Annabeth--I just wanted to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Komen boards and tell you how sorry that you had to join us, especially at such a young age.  Sunday is usually a quiet day and I am sure once Monday rolls around you will get more responses.  I would like to suggest that you may want to post on the Sound Off forum where there is more action.  We all handle having had cancer and surgeries in different ways.  There really is no right way but you might want to find a support group, particularly one for young people.  Talking out things with people who are going through the same thing usually helps.  Good luck.

Ann B.
Ann B.
12/89--Lumptectomy of left breast for 2 sites of DCIS followed by radiation and 5 years of tamoxifen. ER/PR +
12/2002--Mastectomy of Left breast for recurrence. Nodes negative. ER/PR+ Her2-. Arimidex.
serenity

• Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 1155
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:20 PM
newbie here. reading posts for a few days + then joined. diagnosed IDC the end of april 2010. i have had AC x 4 + 9 out of 12 taxol treatments. they have all gone well. looking at a bmx in november + i am scared. i read how strong women are in this forum. i someday look forward to assisting others to gain strength. now i am looking for others to give me strength + quell my fears.  i know knowledge is power so am soaking up all i can. if anyone could offer their story i would greatly appreciate it. mine will be bmx without reconstruction at this time. one overnight after surgery + then i go home.
thanks,
serenity
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:35 PM
Hi Seernity and welcome,

Please check out the surgery/recon forum and start a new thread so many other's will see your post here:) xx
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 34 of 136, messages 331 to 340 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll