Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 38 of 136, messages 371 to 380 of 1351
ahorvat14

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 60
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, October 11, 2010 12:24 PM
Hi Everyone,
                  My name is Angela Horvat. My grandmother had breast cancer couple years ago!
She had lots of problems with high blood preasure, cancer and breast cancer in her left breast. She was a loving grandmother and took care of her grand kids. When my grandmother first had breast cancer she went to fox chase in philly pa and she had surgery at the hospital and
a few years after she passed away. I would love to rasie money for people who have or had breast cancer becasue my grandmother would not passed on if she could fight it, no she did not fight the breast cancer. I pray everyday she was still here with me and family today. I love my grandmother every much i know from the bottom of my heart today i want the cancer for every each women to have special medican today to stop the breast cacner today in AMERICA!!!!!!!!
In loving memory of Charlotte Ann Horvat
I love you Mom-mom forever will be missed in a special in my heart!
Thank you eveyone, Angela Horvat
ahorvat14

• Total Posts : 2
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, October 11, 2010 12:24 PM
Hi Everyone,
                  My name is Angela Horvat. My grandmother had breast cancer couple years ago!
She had lots of problems with high blood preasure, cancer and breast cancer in her left breast. She was a loving grandmother and took care of her grand kids. When my grandmother first had breast cancer she went to fox chase in philly pa and she had surgery at the hospital and
a few years after she passed away. I would love to rasie money for people who have or had breast cancer becasue my grandmother would not passed on if she could fight it, no she did not fight the breast cancer. I pray everyday she was still here with me and family today. I love my grandmother every much i know from the bottom of my heart today i want the cancer for every each women to have special medican today to stop the breast cacner today in AMERICA!!!!!!!!
In loving memory of Charlotte Ann Horvat
I love you Mom-mom forever will be missed in a special in my heart!
Thank you eveyone, Angela Horvat
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, October 11, 2010 2:24 PM
Hi Angela,

I'm so sorry you lost your Grandmother to this disease, she sounds like a wonderful lady and it's obvious how much you still miss her.

Here's a link with some info on getting more involved in helping to raise funds to bring us closer to a cure, and thanks for posting. xx

http://ww5.komen.org/getinvolved/getinvolved.html
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Deliah

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 75
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, October 11, 2010 11:58 PM
Hi Everyone
My name is Deliah and I am 40 years old (this September). I am new to these forums but wanted to have some feedback regarding my situation.  I was diagnosed in March of this year with residual, intermediate and high-grade DCIS in my right breast.  This was quite a bit to digest as there is no history in my family.  However, I started my periods at the age of 10yrs, was never pregnant and was on the pill for more than 10yrs consecutively.  All of which I was informed are risk factors. To date I have completed a lumpectomy with a margin of concern, also 7 weeks of radiation (October 1).  I now have the option to continue  with adjuvant therapy of Tamoxifen.  My doctors have given me quite bit of information about it but I am quite hesitant to try it.  I have a few days left before I am due to start and still not settled on a decision hence the reason for joining this forum.  
I'm quite interested to know anyone who has had similar situations and has been on it and what was their experience. I am quite aware that some people will react quite differently but I need to hear of real life situations.

Hoping to get your comment soon....
Deliah

Thanks everyone!!
<message edited by Deliah on Tuesday, October 12, 2010 12:01 AM>
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, October 14, 2010 2:28 PM
Hi Deliah,

I'm sorry for your situation, not many people check in here often but if you post your question on the sound off forum you'll get a lot more replies and info.

You may also find some tips on the hormone therapy and surgery/recon forums to help you.

Personally I'd try the tamox as I've known a few people with dcis that progressed, I don't say this to scare you but simply to point out that many view this as "not really cancer" or "unimportant", but I believe it is and it should be treated as such. 
However you're right to research and get info together before deciding, we all must make our own decisions going forward and feel comfortable with that.:)

I hope you'll keep us posted and my best wishes to you!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
Deliah

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 75
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:41 PM
Thanks Tricia, will try the sound off forum approach....

Deliah
Rhoma

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 85
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, October 15, 2010 7:56 PM
Hi everyone, I am a co-survivor.  Two of my dear friends died of breast cancer.  My aunt lost one breast and my mother-in-law lost both breasts.  I am committed to doing whatever I can to learn about and support breast cancer survivors.

I am completing my dissertation for my PhD in Psychology Research and Evaluation.  My dissertation study is focused on female breast cancer survivor.  I am inviting anyone who is interested in participating to go to the following link and complete the surveys:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/survivorsurvey

Thank you very much for your support.

Rhoma

Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:21 AM
Topcycle,

I'm very sorry for your diagnosis, but as this is a breastcancer support board, most people can give some advice to newcomers with bc, but would not be in a position to know enough about HIV to help you.

Try googling support forums for hiv as I'm sure there must be support available like this to you.
I really am so sorry ((((hugs))))
Carepage- survivortricia
vedavis

• Total Posts : 1
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, October 23, 2010 9:50 AM
Hello to all I am new to this and not even sure if I am doing it correctly.  I am a Triple Negative Cancer survivor.   It was found through a mammogram last December, January the biopsy, February lumpectomy, March - June Chemo and July through September. I also worked through it all, need I say this has really been a long and tiresome year for me, but I'm still here.  My experience with this thing call cancer I now realize it wasn't about me at all, but about God.  He has been with with me through it all.  I say this because every prayer I prayed he asked.  I didn't get sick and I didn't lose my hair.

For all of you that are in the beginning stage of your treatment, I say just stay in prayer because they are answered.
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, October 26, 2010 4:07 PM
Hi Vedavis and welcome to our group, if you check the forums you'll find a triple neg forum where you can chat to others with a similar diagnosis:)
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 38 of 136, messages 371 to 380 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll