Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 40 of 136, messages 391 to 400 of 1351
vickie6165

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, November 14, 2010 10:07 AM
Hi! My name is Vickie and I am from Louisiana!  I was diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer on June 30, 2010!  I just recently finished my fourth and final round of chemo and will be starting radiation next week.  My doctors are pleased with my progress!  I am so glad that I found this forum!  I have been lost during this entire process other than the questions my doctors have answered which I must admit sometimes I still didn't understand. 
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, November 14, 2010 3:14 PM
Hi Vickie,

Its great to welcome you here and many congrats to you on finishing chemo!:)

Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
hydeskate

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 6535
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, November 26, 2010 7:01 PM
Hi all,

I am from North Carolina, dx at 29 with Stage IV Breast Cancer with Mets in lungs & liver.  I am now 32 and currently NED for 1 year, I didn't even think about looking up forums for Breast Cancer until a couple of weeks ago after I meet with my doctor and learned of the next treatment if/when my cancer comes back.
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, November 26, 2010 7:18 PM
Hi HydesKate,

I'm so sorry, you're very young to be dealing with this, but delighted you''re currently NED:)

There's lots of support here in what you've dealt with should you need it and advice in getting back to "Normal" too!

I hope you'll browse the forums and am sure you can give advice too where needed after all you've been through and so glad you found us:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
Connie V.

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 1410
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 7:58 AM
Hi everyone!
I was diagnosed 11/11/08 with breast cancer.  Had left mastectomy along with radiation and chemo.

Fast forward to 11/11/10 and I was diagnosed with bone mets.....

So here I go again.

would love to hear from anyone!
Diagnosis of Breast Cancer 11/11/08
lumpectomy, mastectomy soon after
Chemo including Herceptin until 3/10

Recurrence 11/11/10 mets to sacral
Oral chemo 11/29/10
Began radiation 11/30/10

48 years old....
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 8:28 AM
Connie,

I'm so sorry about your mets diagnosis, but as many other ladies will tell you, it's definitely treatable.  This disease sucks big time and we have no choice but to always try to find the light at the end of tunnel.  Please get mad and kick it's ass!!  

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

mary l

• Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points : 4355
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 9:37 AM
Hi Connie.  Welcome to our message boards.  You will be able to receive alot of support here.  There are so many who have bone mets and they will be sending you their stories and advice.  It is a great place for hope.  Best wishes!!!  Mary L
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, December 07, 2010 7:16 PM
Hi Connie,

As another herceptin lady I'm so sorry for your recurrance, we're all here for you and you may like to find more of us on the stage iv forum where we post daily. http://apps.komen.org/forums/tm.aspx?m=255581&mpage=286

Also check out www.her2support.org for more info on our type of bc and the various new treatments available.:)
<message edited by Tricia Keegan on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 7:17 PM>
Carepage- survivortricia
mattnickmom

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 55
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, December 13, 2010 12:16 PM
Good Afternoon: I feel very foolish on this site but it was the only one I could think of....I am ashamed to say I am 51 years old and have never had a mammogram....I am scared to have one and was wondering if there is any sort of go with a buddy program or something....I currently have 2 family members fighting but winning the breast cancer battle and it has gotten me thinking...I live in the southern most part of NJ...cape may and could find no local chapters near me....any advice would help and again I apologize for for taking time from those of you who are looking for support in your valiant battle..you are all in my prayers....
Ann B.

• Total Posts : 2920
  • Reward points : 5060
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, December 13, 2010 12:37 PM
Hi--There is nothing to be ashamed of or to feel foolish about.  We are human and have our fears and foibles.  The "valiant battle" against breast cancer begings with a mammogram.  For most of us a mammogram finds breast cancer at the very first opportunity.  I am a 21 year survivor who has had breast cancer twice--the last time 8 years ago.  I want you to think about this--because my cancers were picked up at the earliest times they could be seen, I have never had chemotherapy.  What a gift.  You need to tell your doctor how terrified you are.  Mammograms can be read immediately.  Although that is usually reserved for those of us with a history of bc, perhaps they can accomodate you.  Is there a family member or friend who can go with you?  It's very common around here for us to be terrified and anxious at mammogram time.  My husband still accompanies me.   I wish you the best of luck.

Ann B.
Ann B.
12/89--Lumptectomy of left breast for 2 sites of DCIS followed by radiation and 5 years of tamoxifen. ER/PR +
12/2002--Mastectomy of Left breast for recurrence. Nodes negative. ER/PR+ Her2-. Arimidex.
Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > | Showing page 40 of 136, messages 391 to 400 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll