Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..41424344454647484950.. > | Showing page 41 of 136, messages 401 to 410 of 1351
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, December 13, 2010 12:55 PM
I'd agree with Ann and echo her words to you, I found mine but not early enough to avoid chemo and radiation so early detection not only gives the best prognosis but also can lesson the treatments needed. 

Can you chat to your Dr about how you feel?  Maybe they can give you something to help relax you beforehand.  Please do have a mammo as it's well worth the hassle and stress:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, December 13, 2010 4:33 PM
Hi. I read an article about how friends created their own "buddy system." They would go for their mammograms on the same day and then make a day of it--lunch out, shopping, a movie or whatever. Perhaps you have a friend that you could do that with--maybe a friend who has been putting off her own mammogram.  Ann and Tricia are right--if cancer is found early, it can be so much easier. AND, even better, if you have a clean mammogram, think how much better you will feel. 
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
daynanorman

• Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 910
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, December 15, 2010 10:43 PM
Hi Juanita! You are the first that I have found on the site that is TNBC also! I am 34 years old and was diagnosed in October 2010 with TNBC and,after a double mastectomy, I am in the process of taking 6 treatments of Taxatere/Cytoxan - talk about a meltdown! But I'm good now.  I have had one treatment and am scheduled for #2 next week (if my white counts build up a little).  Just a little curious on your treatment you have listed, why are you having to take the taxol and then follow up with radiation?  Is it because of the partial mastectomy?  

Dayna Norman

Triple Negative Breast Ca (Right Breast)
Stage IIA
Double Mastectomy/Expanders placed
Taxotere/Cytoxan 6 Treatments
Negative Nodes
(Diagnosed 10/19/2010)
Rena

Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, December 15, 2010 11:38 PM
Hi Dayna. There are quite a few of us on the site who were/are triple negative, but we come and go so much that we don't always see the new posts right away. Anyway, welcome! I was diagnosed at 37 in 1986. At that time, there was no HER test, but my tumor was ER/PR negative, and my oncologist believes that I fit the TNBC profile: diagnosed young, BRCA2-positive. I had 22 positive nodes and am alive and well 24 years later. I hope that your chemo goes well and that this will all be behind you soon. If you go to the forum for less-common breast cancers, you'll find a thread for triple negative bc, but the traffic on that thread has been kind of slow lately. Have you been on the TNBC site? They have a very active message board: http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/   Take care and best wishes, Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
daynanorman

• Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 910
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:51 PM
Thanks for the reply Rena.  You are amazing! Can't wait until I can put 20+ year survivor on my signature also!  So far chemo has been fine - just hope it stays that way.  I will be sure to check out the TNBC site also. 

Thanks!
Dayna
Dayna Norman

Triple Negative Breast Ca (Right Breast)
Stage IIA
Double Mastectomy/Expanders placed
Taxotere/Cytoxan 6 Treatments
Negative Nodes
(Diagnosed 10/19/2010)
Scooter 1

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, December 16, 2010 9:55 PM
I guess I'm a new kid on the block.  Just had double masectomy on Dec.6 and started reconstruction at the same time.
I had a DCIS show up on mammogram, bisopy that led to a lumpectomy.  thank God for a great surgeon who immediately did an MRI which showed up a spot in the left side.  She did an ultrasound, biopsy which was benign, took another look at the mammogram and saw a spot on the mammogram that was missed by the radiologist.  She biopsied it to be sure and it was malignant and invasive.  3 weeks later, surgery and removed 6 lymph nodes, all negative with clear margins.
So needless to say, if not for an aggressie DR, I  probably would be in serious trouble.  I have had my post op visits which were great and will start tissue expension next week.  Without the support of family and friends, it would be terrible.  I think a positive attitude is a MUST>
mary l

• Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points : 4355
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, December 17, 2010 10:18 AM
Hi Scooter, welcome!!!  You were very fortunate to have a great surgeon.  I am so happy for you.  Have a wonderful Holiday!!!  Mary L
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010
MAYA_BLAKELY

• Total Posts : 3
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, December 19, 2010 9:54 PM
Hi my name is Maya .. Im new to this site, and I would like to thank everyone on here for taking the time to help others.. The more people work together the faster they can cure this horrific disease.. My mother was diagnosed with idc breast cancer.. she is triple negative... I know this is the most aggresive type of cancer.. I just really need to know more information about it.. i been stressing myself out researchin stuff online... my mom was diagnosed a week before thanksgiving of this year... she had a partial mysectomy or partial lym..  she is in stage one which is good.. but i heard the survival rate pretty much sucked.. so this is scarring me..She needs to join this group.. but she is so depress to even research anything... its been me and my dad mainly... ughh!! i dont know..im stuck!!
Have a blessed day, and may God bless!

Maya!!
Rena

Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, December 20, 2010 1:26 AM
Hi Maya. I'm sorry that this is such a tough time for your mom and for you. First of all, triple negative is not a death sentence. Yes, it's more aggressive, but it also responds particularly well to chemotherapy. Also, once a person with triple negative passes the five-year mark, the chance of recurrence falls dramatically. I am a 24-year triple negative survivor. I had 22 positive lymph nodes and was told that my prognosis was poor. Here I am, still alive and well. My advice is to stop searching the Internet--or at least ease off the research unless you are getting specific information that your mom needs. Much of what you read will be outdated, and much of it will not apply to your mother's situation. It only serves to scare you more when you need to feel hope. And there is hope! There are many triple negative women who post on this site who are beyond their cancers by four, five, seven years, and more. I wish you both well. Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
ythao054

• Total Posts : 2
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:02 AM
Well, I have no personal experience whatsoever, however my Anatomy & Physiology teacher has had breast cancer. Right now she is thinking about removing her breasts, and I think she's a wonderful inspirational woman. Throughout her whole experience, she seemed so strong and stubborn, and that's when I realized, I could never be like her. She took a few class days and told us about her procedures, and that's what really inspired me to join the movement.
Change Page: << < ..41424344454647484950.. > | Showing page 41 of 136, messages 401 to 410 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll