Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 5 of 136, messages 41 to 50 of 1351
nmb

• Total Posts : 663
  • Reward points : 3505
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, August 06, 2009 7:36 PM
Thanks Deb!  Yep, I figured the same with craniocaudal .  All so confusing but sinking in...  Am little by little going through the whole site.
Calleigh

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 2315
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, August 16, 2009 11:01 AM
My 62yr old mom was just diagnosed with ILC (tumor greater than 5cm). Her course of treatments will consist of bilateral masts. and chemotherapy. I'm not certain of all the details yet, as mom tends to keep things away from the family that might worry us. I've told her that cannot happen this time.
Our family is still reeling from the news. The hardest part for me is that she was diagnosed on the same day as I was told that we are expecting another baby (My youngest child is only 4 months old, so it was quite a surprise to the family--we'll be having 'irish twins'!). That has been a difficult place emotionally for me to be in. I feel that I need to be able to be a support to my mom, but at the same time, I myself am in need of support. Imagine the pregnancy hormones and all of the emotions ravaging inside of me right now!
Thank you for reading my family's story. I'm so grateful this place is here. God bless to all of you who have been touched in some way by breast cancer!

~Calleigh~
carrythecross

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, August 24, 2009 9:06 PM
I am 57 years old, live in the country, have cats and dogs and am still enjoying life.  I had invasive lobular cancer of right breast.  Diagnosed in 2004, finished mastectomy, chemo, waited until 2007 to have reconstruction.  Just finished 5 years of arimidex.  Now I am on nothing.  I felt bad on arimidex but felt like I was still fighting. Now I feel like a time bomb and just pray it doesn't every come back.   I guess we will always live with a little fear of return.  So glad to meet you all and hope we develope close friendships.    Sherry
Deb Allen

• Total Posts : 3188
  • Reward points : 3830
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, August 24, 2009 9:29 PM
Sherry, I couldn't help but notice that your path and mine sound similar, of course there are lots of folks here who share journeys.  I was diagnosed in 2003, had 3 surgeries, chemo, rads, then 3 month follow ups.  Recurrence in 2007 with subsequent elective bilat mast and DIEP recon. 

For me, when I got a few months "out" and was no longer actively treating or fighting, I felt like I'd been tossed into the ocean with only a tiny inner tube to hang on.  Fortunately I was given the heads up by one of my docs, towards the end of my initial treatment cycles, that I might experience feelings of "abandonment" when I was done.  At first I was just thankful that I didn't have to set my daily life around appointments and treatments, etc.  It only took a week or two for me to begin feeling like I was drifting, and every ache, every pain, triggered a fear, or a fight emotion in me.  Only now, after much "hindsight 20/20" stuff, am I able to sometimes separate that fear reflex from real world. 

You are among friends,

Deb/aka Mimi
Deb/aka Mimi
Dx '03, ER/PR+, Her2+, Grade II, Stage III
SNB, 18 wks chemo  36 rads; 
Rec in 07,
Bi-mast/DIEP 08/29/07; MRSA in abd incision w/resulting hernia, difficult healing
Still alive and kicking and ornery as ever...butterfly kisses to all

matchmaker

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:59 PM

Hi:  my name is elsa and I was diagnosed in 6-05, est-pr+ her-, tumor 1.4 cent and five nodes postive, I was terrified at first that I was going to die, but as each year passes and I survive their is life after cancer.  I am looking forward to being welcomed into our Komenville.
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:20 PM
Hi Elsa. Welcome!  Time really is the great healer, isn't it? I was diagnosed in 1986, and I know exactly what you mean about feeling stronger and more confident with each passing year. Wishing you the best, Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Deb Allen

• Total Posts : 3188
  • Reward points : 3830
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:13 AM
Elsa, you are always welcome here.  I hope you are finding your way around the boards and checking out the different forums.  At first it seems like a maze, but just roam around and pop in here and there, and no matter when or what you feel, you are most welcome to post your thoughts everywhere.  Ask anyone anything, and if you have a specific question, you can always select a member by clicking on their "name" to the left of posts and choose to send a PM or check profiles and find email addresses.

You are home.

Deb/aka Mimi
Deb/aka Mimi
Dx '03, ER/PR+, Her2+, Grade II, Stage III
SNB, 18 wks chemo  36 rads; 
Rec in 07,
Bi-mast/DIEP 08/29/07; MRSA in abd incision w/resulting hernia, difficult healing
Still alive and kicking and ornery as ever...butterfly kisses to all

Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, August 27, 2009 6:02 PM
Hi Elisa,

I also was diagnosed in 05, three pos nodes, and her2+ which makes for an agrresive cancer!  
Thankfully I'm still doing fine four years out and am glad you found us here:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
farla

• Total Posts : 624
  • Reward points : 6720
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, August 30, 2009 7:46 PM
Hi, my name is Farla, I posted already. but I guess I am learning how to do this.  I have invasive 3 mm, and 2 nodes.  My lumpectomies were last monday, and I had an axillary dissection at that time (sentinal was pos, then she went for the whole shebang!).  I am trying to cope, but it is sooo hard.  I find it hard not to cry all the time.  The next tests are bone scans etc, and if they are pos, I am sooo scared.
But I guess life still goes on!  I actually have a discussion group scheduled with my local congressman tomorrow.  They know I am coming with a drain in place.
Is anyone there?
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, August 31, 2009 1:41 PM
Hi Farla,

The site is always a little over the weekend which is why you did'nt get any replies yet but will fairly soon:)
I'm glad to welcome you here and hope you find the advice or support you need. 
The scans scared us all when first diagnosed but it's unusual for any to come back positive so hold that thought as you wait for results:)
Keep us posted!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 5 of 136, messages 41 to 50 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll