Introduce Yourself

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 17 of 68, messages 321 to 340 of 1351
Mom813
  • Total Posts : 55
  • Reward points : 2075
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, August 22, 2010 9:43 PM
Thanks for the vote of support Ann.  Have a personal survey/question, masectomy vs. lumpectomy?  Everyone seems so opinionated and I'm still reeling from the Ca diagnosis.  Just trying to get through the day.

Mom813
  • Total Posts : 55
  • Reward points : 2075
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, August 22, 2010 9:53 PM
HI spectech.  So sorry you are going through this stuff.  I understand scared.  Suffered from night sweats for a while.  Things that help, satin nightgown, water by the bedside and a fan.  The insomnia is hard. Trust the docs, if you don't find another one.    Didn't know there is a limit on Tamox. recipients?  Regardless, my prayers are with you and a successful outcome.  Keep me posted, I care!!

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, August 23, 2010 1:15 PM
Spectech,

Being overweight should not prevent you from taking tamoxifen, however if you do have a hyst you can then take an A1 instead of tamox.

Mom813, sorry I missed your first post so coming in late, I had a lumpectomy, this gives the same survival rates as a mast if followed with radiation, although the recurrance rate can be slightly higher.

I had a lumpectomy and still doing fine at five years out with no regrets.   If you check out the recon/surgery forum you'll find more opinions on this I think, or begin a new thread as many will miss your question on this forum:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

atohs
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 160
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:12 AM
I need everyones help with writing my article. Please head to the website mentioned to get the details.
I also have breast cancer.
This is a copyright article that requires world wide participation. Compassionate people of this world, your support and generosity will be recorded. Put your city in the forefront of this list. This is for an individual with breast cancer just like many of you here. "Pay it Forward" to your circle of friends and family. Be kind, pass it on.
Please support this cause because I need to write about people's compassion in this world. Does compassion and generosity exist in this world to help out a stranger? How compassionate is the world? Where does compassion predominate? In the US? Asia? UK? Where?
Please check out this site.... www.thepetitionsite.com/1/kindness-of-strangers-project/ 
Thank you,
mary

Suzanne351
  • Total Posts : 3
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, August 25, 2010 9:59 AM
Hi Spectech,
I had a lumpectomy in 1999 followed by radiation and tamox. ( the side effects of Tamox are "menopause-like symptoms) No fun! The following year I had a hysterectomy, but not laparoscopic because I had a lot of scarring from 3 c-sections. The pain from the scarring in your breast is normal, I had long conversations with my Dr. about this. When my dr. said 'hysterectomy' I was very nervous about the medically induced menopause. My advice is to have a fan near your bed, mine was on every night, have a glass of water nearby too, you get very thirsty, the vaginal dryness is another side effect, you and your partner need to investigate various lubricants. I know that intimate relations is the last thing on your mind, I had such negative feelings about myself as a woman, but my husband was very patient and loving. You will need to give yourself time with that.
I was recently diagnosed with ILC and have a mastectomy scheduled for 9/3.
Give yourself time and be kind to yourself. Take all the comfort and help everyone offers.  You have probably done the same for many others when they were in need so don't hesitate.
you are in my prayers.
Suzanne
Suzanne
DX: 3/99 age 41
DCIS
lumpectomy/radiation/tamoxifin

DX: 8/10 age 52
invasive lobular carcinoma
bilateral mastectomy 9/3/10

atohs
  • Total Posts : 5
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, August 27, 2010 10:09 PM
Hi, I , personally couldn't get a lumpectomy because I have Lupus also, so I had no choice because I couldn't get radiation treatments, so I had to get a mastectomy. I was encouraged by my surgeon to see an oncology radiologist first to get his opinion. So, if you have other illnesses, it's better to get another qualified opinion first. I guess, everyone's situation is different.  Good luck.

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, August 31, 2010 2:50 AM
bump
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

lil Bella
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 55
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, September 13, 2010 7:33 PM
Hllo Everyone, my nickname of many is lil Bella. I have been wanting to join a forum to chat and embrace details of breast cancer. Recently, on July 13th - I was diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carsinoma and pending bilateral surgery soon. My first surgery was cancelled due to an emergency lower abdominal surgery so still healing from that waiting for the bilateral next week. 
Not sure how to begin all this or if I have even done this right but I have read some of your messages and my heart and soul cry out to all who suffer this cancer of many. All I know is in my heart I tear up to know so many huritng souls and well I can offer prayer for each of us for the hope we all need and desire!
Thanks for helping me just knowing I am not alone and someone may understand is a huge healing hand. Each story paints a different picture of familiarity and I shall ask for prayer for all.
Blessings to each and his healing hand upon all!

nan0t
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, September 14, 2010 1:08 AM
I am having a wire lead on Sept 27 and after that I go for surgery with local propofol. I am scare to death and have a phobia of being put to sleep. I have had 5 general anesthesia. I am scared I will die isnt that aweful. I am very nervous. I had three biopsys 2 weeks ago that was fine they numbed my breast so I didnt feel anything.
Does anyone know if they can numb the breast so I dont have to be put to sleep.

Thank you
Nan

annette53160
  • Total Posts : 591
  • Reward points : 8995
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:52 AM
I understand your fear nan and I was just as scared.  A local isn't possible with a lumpectomy or mastectomy.  You have had 5 surgeries and have been fine.  You will do just as well with this one too.  They give you something to relax you almost as soon as you walk into the surgical waiting area.  Make sure you take it and do not refuse it.  Keep us posted.  xxoo Annette
IDC October 2009
Lumpectomy x2 to get clear margins
Stage 2a Grade 3
1/11 nodes positive 
er+
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol
Radiation
Femara

marlenet
  • Total Posts : 24
  • Reward points : 2815
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:59 AM
Nan- so sorry you have to be here.  Having to go through this sucks.  Take a deep breath, you will be fine.  I know that is easier said than done.  I was feeling the same when I had to go through this.

lil Bella- so sorry you have to be here.  As you said you are not alone. We are in this togather.  I was amazed at how many people have or had breast cancer! 

Send you both prayers, hugs and healing vibes. 
DX AT  age 44 (1 wk before my 45th d-day)
IDC
Stage 1, Grade 2
0.6 CM
ER,PR + HER--
Node -
Onco score  25 (16% recurrance)
Chemo 4x T&C
Rads 33
Tamoxifen-currently

redspark
  • Total Posts : 176
  • Reward points : 4460
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:44 AM
Nan and lil bella sorry you both have been diagnosed with bc but as you can see from the postings here the future is bright.   We'll be here for you as you go through this journey.  Ask questions, many will answer.  Be positive - it does make a difference.  Your body listens to your mind.  Hugs!  Marianne
Marianne

Diagnosis: IDC Grade 1/3, Estrogen receptor +, progesterone+, Her2 neg  (9/2009) 
-Modified radical right breast mastectomy, kept areola, with  expander; 1 node positive
-A/C (4 Jan-Apr 2010), Taxol (12 Apr -July 23 2010)
- I'm done with chemo!!!!!!
Reconstruction surgery 9/10/2010

pinkie65
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 860
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, September 17, 2010 9:33 AM
Hi,
New to the message boards.  I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in July and had a bilateral mastectomy with breast reconstruction on August 13, 2010.  I will be starting Chemo on next week.  I'm thankful that I found the support I need from this web site.  MD visits and treatments are a little overwhelming.
Yolanda in Houston, TX
Diagnosed Stage II June 30, 2010 
Triple negative HER
Bilateral Mastectomy August 13, 2010 (Lymphs clean) 
with Breast Reconstruction
Cytoxan/Adrimycin/Taxol-Completed 1/4/2011-eight rounds

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, September 17, 2010 10:00 AM
Hi, 

Sorry you had to join us, but I guarantee you will find lots of support and love on this site.  Please let us know how you're doing.

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

pinkie65
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 860
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, September 17, 2010 3:38 PM
Thanks!  I do not turn down any hugs from anyone.  Trying to stay positive and strong for the kiddos, 9 and 11. Chemo starts on next Thursday, will definitely try to get through the N/V, that's expected.  Already have a nice wig. 
Yolanda
Yolanda in Houston, TX
Diagnosed Stage II June 30, 2010 
Triple negative HER
Bilateral Mastectomy August 13, 2010 (Lymphs clean) 
with Breast Reconstruction
Cytoxan/Adrimycin/Taxol-Completed 1/4/2011-eight rounds

sueame143
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 175
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:59 AM
Tiara what a beautiful name. Im so sorry about the news you receieved. personal i wouldn't know first hand how it would feel hearing that news i only know threw hearing it about my mom not for myself personally, but i know it must be so hard.Of course ur scared anyone would be you just have to think positive everyday .and take it one day at a time. and no stress. because i learned with my mom having stage 4 lung cancer stress only makes it worse not better so calm quiet soothing environments are good. and dont worry you will make the right decsion. so dont worry about that. my prays will be with you .and i know what you mean it is so hard to stay positive it sounds easier than it is. thats good u have ur husband as a good support system. unfortunally im an only child and dont even have a father so i have a very small familly and my support system right now isnt where id like it to be. But as for your daughter dont worry maybe you can look into support groups for kids dealing with parents with cancer. i dont know if they have any for kids. but its worth a shot to find out. o and staying positive betweeen you and me i kno its so hard to. but we have to everyday. and take it one day at a time. dont worry everything will be ok my prays will be with you and your family. stay  POSITIVE. and ill try to ,myself to.

lizibth
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 125
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, September 19, 2010 8:48 PM
Hi,
My name is Annabeth and I am 27 years old. I was diagnosed with DCIS about 10 weeks ago. Four weeks ago I underwent a mastectomy with a TRAM flap reconstruction. A week after my surgery my pathology came back and they successfully removed everything. The margins were clean as well as the lymph nodes. I don't have any further treatment (as far as chemo, radiation or any other medication). I consider myself extremely lucky. However, I am really struggling right now. I thought I would be able to attack everything that was happening to me because of my amazing support system, but I am becoming more depressed everyday. I really need to find a support group or someway to express myself. I really do well when I have a task or something I can focus on and was hoping there would be something I could do to help others. This is my first attempt at making myself better (besides the surgery of course) and becoming stronger. I am really anxious to talk and see how this will help me.

Ann B.
  • Total Posts : 2920
  • Reward points : 5060
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, September 19, 2010 10:51 PM
Hi Annabeth--I just wanted to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Komen boards and tell you how sorry that you had to join us, especially at such a young age.  Sunday is usually a quiet day and I am sure once Monday rolls around you will get more responses.  I would like to suggest that you may want to post on the Sound Off forum where there is more action.  We all handle having had cancer and surgeries in different ways.  There really is no right way but you might want to find a support group, particularly one for young people.  Talking out things with people who are going through the same thing usually helps.  Good luck.

Ann B.
Ann B.
12/89--Lumptectomy of left breast for 2 sites of DCIS followed by radiation and 5 years of tamoxifen. ER/PR +
12/2002--Mastectomy of Left breast for recurrence. Nodes negative. ER/PR+ Her2-. Arimidex.

serenity
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 1155
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:20 PM
newbie here. reading posts for a few days + then joined. diagnosed IDC the end of april 2010. i have had AC x 4 + 9 out of 12 taxol treatments. they have all gone well. looking at a bmx in november + i am scared. i read how strong women are in this forum. i someday look forward to assisting others to gain strength. now i am looking for others to give me strength + quell my fears.  i know knowledge is power so am soaking up all i can. if anyone could offer their story i would greatly appreciate it. mine will be bmx without reconstruction at this time. one overnight after surgery + then i go home.
thanks,
serenity

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:35 PM
Hi Seernity and welcome,

Please check out the surgery/recon forum and start a new thread so many other's will see your post here:) xx
Carepage- survivortricia

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 17 of 68, messages 321 to 340 of 1351