Introduce Yourself

Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 25 of 68, messages 481 to 500 of 1351
boody
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, April 08, 2011 2:44 PM
Thanks Tricia, I am new to this forum. So sorry if I have offended anyone. I don't have a doctor; I am out of insurance.

Best,

Carolyn

scootersmom
  • Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:new to the board - Friday, April 08, 2011 4:46 PM
Lisa:
Your story is deja vu for me.  As I read your outcome, it was the same for me just a few months ago.  I live in Illinois just across the border from Wisconsin.  Hopefully your treatment team is a caring one.  I hope your treatment works out for the best and that you are able to control (?) the DCIS with the lumpectomy and radiation if necessary.  Your surgeon might recommend a breast MRI.  If so, you might want to ask for a sedative or muscle relaxant before hand.  That is one loooong test!!

Good luck to you.

Tina
<message edited by scootersmom on Friday, April 08, 2011 4:47 PM>

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:new to the board - Saturday, April 09, 2011 1:23 AM
Carolyn- you have'nt offended anyone and can post anywhere but I thought more people would see your question on another forum which may be busier than this one:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

kitcat
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 480
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:09 PM
hello everyone!  my name is Cathy, i'm 43. on march 4, 2011 i was diagnosed with IDC, T3 N3c, grade 3 stage IIIc triple negative. (im still trying to learn and understand what that all means)
since its inoperable (5.6cm) they are starting with chemo first. Tomorrow(4-13-2011) is my first chemo treatment and of corse i'm feeling scared and I am also very anxious to start on my road to recovery!
I have quite a family history of cancer on my mothers side.
my mom died from BC in 1984 @ age 57 (she was diagnosed @ age 47)
my oldest sister diagnosed 3yrs ago(@age 47, same age as mom was diagnosed) with DCIS (ductal carcinoma in situ) - stage 0, lumpectomy & radiation, now tamoxifen for 5 years.  Cancer Free Now!!! thankfully she caught it early
It is so helpful and comforting to have sites like this to help learn and understand and just to know I'm not alone. Thank You

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:26 PM
Cathy,
Welcome!
I'm so sorry you had to find yourself here, but if you have to, it is a great place to be when you are dx'd with bc.  
Feel free to post anywhere.  There is a forum for chemo, surgery and radiation, as well as the "sound off" forum, where anything goes.
Hope your neoadjuvent (before surgery) chemo will shrink the tumor, and they will be able to scoop out that *****. 
You're never alone here.
Sharon
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

dlcp
  • Reward points : 160
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, April 19, 2011 12:47 AM
Hi my name is Dinah and I'm from the Philippines.  I was diagnosed of breast cancer last July 17, 2010, stage2a 0/9 lymph nodes, ER/PR negative, HER2 positive.  I recently finished my 8th chemo sessions last January 24, 2011.  I was so happy when I finished it because I have some difficulty with my docetaxel.  I had undergone mastectomy in my left breast and immediate silicone implants, my tumor size was 3 cm.   My concoction was 4 AC and 4 docetaxel. I have 2 kids, they are still very young 3.5 years old and 1.5 years old.  They are my source of inspiration to fight breast cancer and be a survivor for my family and loved ones.  Right now I'm coping with the fear of recurrence.  I am now into daily aerobics and Im on a diet since I gained weight during my chemo. I am hoping and praying that cancer is gone forever.
Live Life To The Fullest

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:36 PM
Hi Dinah and welcome. My daughter was just two years old when I was diagnosed, so I understand what it's like to have little ones when you're dealing with cancer. My daughter, like your children, was my inspiration. Her joy and laughter lifted my spirits when I needed it the most. I just want you to know that I had 22 positive lymph nodes and am alive and well almost 25 years later. So, you definitely can beat this disease.  I wish you all the best. Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

dlcp
  • Reward points : 160
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:19 AM
Wow, thank you so much Rena, you definitely given me so much hope.  Your an inspiration to us all.  Definitely  new spark plugs and chassis for you! Kisses and hugs.

Dinah
Live Life To The Fullest

okcgrl59
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 65
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, April 22, 2011 3:51 PM
Hi

My name is Joy and I have just finally finished all my Chemo and Radiation treatments. It has been a long haul but that part is finally over with. I was diagnosed back in Oct of 2009 with Breast Cancer. I am lucky in that they got it all. I found a world that I knew existed but never knew much about. Now I know more than I ever wanted to know but it has opened a whole new world to me. I see things so much differently than I did before. This part of my life has been a blessing but it has also been a curse. To be honest I see this as a challange to me to help others in this world. Wishing it had never happened to me is a waste of time and energy. You have to make the best of each situation and that is what I have tried to do. When I found out about my diagnoses my older brother called me crying and he said "Sis do what ever they tell you". You see his ex-wife died of Breast Cancer and my brother still loved her dearly. I told my brother "I am in the car with God. He is the driver and I am the passenger. Wether I like the view or not I am in this car until God decides to stop and let me out. So I have to just go along for the ride." He said he had never thought of it that way. So I am along for the ride.

Joy

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, April 22, 2011 6:18 PM
Hi Joy,

I'm sorry you had to join us but many congrats on getting through your treatments!!!!!:)

There are many members here newly diagnosed and going through treatments right now so your input to them will be appreciated I'm sure:)

Are you taking hormone therapy or triple neg??? 

Jump in anywhere and welcome!!!:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

shilo1976
  • Total Posts : 35
  • Reward points : 1205
think I am losing it - Monday, April 25, 2011 4:25 PM
Sometimes days are good and sometimes they are bad- I found out 2 weeks ago I had breast cancer... Its so unbelieveable sometimes I think they(Lab) will call me back and say they made a mistake.

So far I know from the lab report- less then 1cm and grade 2. ER/PR + and HER2-(negative).  IDK

and on top of it all- 3 days after it, my BF of 2 years decides to tell me that - he doesn't  see a future with us (up until then were fine]

Is screaming ok to do? LOL

Tricia Keegan
Re:think I am losing it - Monday, April 25, 2011 5:07 PM
Oh Im so sorry Shilo:(

I think we all found out the true friends/people who mattered and truely cared for us but I'm so sad you had to find this out about your BF so soon after your dx.   Im sure you're hurting now, but its better to know now how he feels than later on when you may come to depend on him.  Scream away and Ill join you (((((hugs))))))

Your path sounds good so far, hormone pos is good, her2 neg is good and the tumour does'nt appear too large so there's much to be glad of even at this early stage.  Do you have a date to see the surgeon or surgery planned????

Carepage- survivortricia

okcgrl59
Re:new to the board - Monday, April 25, 2011 5:52 PM
I am happy to join the group of Cancer survivors. Life is wonderful and I have been given a Miracle and I am thankful for it each and everyday. You can not give up. You have to keep a positive attitude that is half the battle.
<message edited by okcgrl59 on Monday, April 25, 2011 5:59 PM>

okcgrl59
Re:new to the board - Monday, April 25, 2011 5:55 PM
I would be more than happy to chat with anyone who needs to vent. I understand how you feel Shilo. I put myself back out into the dating scene and it was a mistake. I was not prepared for the shallow people nor was I ready for my feelings. You can only worry about you and your feelings and not everyone else. Focus on yourself right now. I am starting the Hormone Therapy so I am doing great.

sharonma
Re:new to the board - Monday, April 25, 2011 8:47 PM

Shilo,
Welcome!  Yes dear, it is safe to rant ,rave shout, scream and cry.  Here it is safe to do whatever you need to get through this.

The first few weeks is difficult.  It's like learning a whole new language, and dealing with so many feelings,  fear, shock, denial, anger to name a few. 
I'm sorry your bf chose a time to leave when you needed him most.  I hate the saying "everything happens for a reason", but if there is any goodness to be gained from this insult on top of injury,it is that you will surely emerge from this ordeal stronger than when you started.
Sending big hugs your way
Sharon
node neg stage1 gr ll
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

shilo1976
  • Total Posts : 35
  • Reward points : 1205
Re:new to the board - Monday, April 25, 2011 9:02 PM
Thank you all- ! ;-)

I find myself (usually a very mellow person) to be very angry- angry at every thing.. grrr--- I don't understand why someone says you have cancer, but you sit around and wait and wait.  I was supposed to have surgery Today, but a MRI showed two other "spots" on my rt breast and other on my left.. so now I am waiting for a ultrasound and another biopsy.. whew... I hope one day to have patience.

PS: If I am not posting or doing this right please let me know ;-)

Tricia Keegan
Re:new to the board - Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:43 AM
The waiting game is so hard for all of us but once you begin your treatment plan you'll feel a whole lot better, and youve time to ensure you read up and make all the right choices:)

OKcgrl, glad you found us and are doing well!!
Carepage- survivortricia

sharonma
Re:new to the board - Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:02 AM
okcgrl,
Welcome to you too!
Feel free to jump in on any topic.  There is a hormone therapy forum, but alot of what's going on is talked about on sound off.  
node neg stage1 gr ll
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

vrgvmgsmom
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 285
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:26 PM
Hi everyone! I have been reading these forums for over a week now, and I finally decided to introduce myself. My name is Vicki and I am a 36 year old, stay at home mother of 2 beautiful boys (6 years old and 6 1/2 months old!) . The last few years have been a whirlwind..both exciting and sad.....I was faced with unexplained infertility so we had a really hard time having babies! I married my highschool sweetheart and without him, I don't think I could handle all of this. We went through 2 rounds of ivf with my second and we finally had another healthy baby boy in October 2010. While breastfeeding, I felt a very suspicious rock like lump on my rt breast on Xmas morning (yeah santa left me a present! haha) and had mamo/us on new year's eve (happy new year to me as well!!) told me to come back in 6 months b/c thought it was nothing....but my dr (whom I adore!) requested we have it biopsied (b/c my mom had BC 8 years ago...she is in remission and a survivor and my inspiration!!) ...needless to say on Feb. 2, 2011 I was diagnosed with Stage 1 BC of the rt breast, <1cm, er+, pr+, HER2 -, BRACA 1 & 2 -! yeah! i had a lumpectomy on March 14, 2011 and node - and tissue -....
oh yes in themean time as all of this craziness is going on (taking care of a baby, another child) my dad is battling bladder Cancer and he was diagnosed terminal (spread to multiple bones)..given 8-11 months. UGH!! anyways...I had the Onco test done - 32....so everyone recommending chemo (TC for 4 rounds, Rad 30, Tomox - 5 years). I have had 3 opinions..needless to say i wanted to make sure I did my homework regarding my own health! And since all of this, I am sad to report that my Dad passed away 3 weeks ago (so much for 8-11 months) and I don't have alot of faith in the WHITE COATS - hence 3 different opiniions!
So the major decisions are WHEN to start (headed on a family vaca end of may), how to tell my 6 year old who associates Cancer=death b/c of my dad (his best friend), how soon will i lose my hair and finally, WHEN WILL THIS MADNESS STOP?
i fell like i am in a really bad nightmare...but i have to thank God for my faith....I do not ask Why me, I say, Why not me..i am not different than anybody else! i also Thank GOD for my little angel miracle baby...if it wasn't for him and being pregnant when i was, I don't think I would have found it so quickly! So here's to being bald for the summer....just wanted to see if there are any other women in their late 30's going throught this right now? wig or no wig and where does one shop for this? and as i stated earlier, how soon after the first treatment will my hair fall out?
My uncle was in AA years ago (still sober!) and I always think of this:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the willingness to know the difference!! WE ARE ALL STRONG AND NEED TO DIG DEEP TO NOT LET "C" RUN OUR LIVES!!
MAY GOD WATCH OVER ALL OF YOU AND HOLD YOU IN THE PALM OF HIS HANDS!
=) VICKI

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:25 PM
Welcome Vickie,

Oh wow you've had so much going on and I'm very sorry you lost your Dad:(

If you've had a lumpectomy already rads need to start soon to zap any stray cells from the surgery, any chance you can delay your vacation???  If not you need to try to get that done asap, although the usual here is to do it after chemo so you need to see your rad onc soon to discuss.

Regarding wigs, you can get them online but its far better to ask your hospital to recommend somewhere so you can go in and discuss your preferences etc, they usually cut your hair short for you too in preperation for chemo as hair loss usually begins right after the second treatment.  I got some lovely scarves and sleep caps from www.headcovers.com as I did chemo in the winter time.
Take a look through the chemo forum to get lots more tips on this!!!

You can also find some good reliable info on www.breastcancer.org

As regards your six year old I can't help much as my kids were adults when I was diagnosed at 46, but in view of your Dads recent passing its no wonder he views cancer as death....I'd be inclined to not use that word in case he feels he'll lose you too, maybe tell him Mommys ill and the meds make your hair fall out without using the c word??    I know there are lots of books out there to help with this so may be do a search on amazon or google for more info.

Please keep us posted and I know this must be so tough for you, but Id be inclined to start the treatments and delay the vacation and have that to look forward to when you're done:)
Carepage- survivortricia

Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 25 of 68, messages 481 to 500 of 1351