Introduce Yourself

Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 27 of 68, messages 521 to 540 of 1351
sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:05 AM
Janet,
Congrats on the great path report!  Hope nothing changes when you get the final.
That wire loc is not a fun procedure:( 
Spoil yourself, rest and recover!  And if it is ok with your doc, gently stretch your arm so it doesn't get stiff.  A funny movie goes a long way to lighten your mood.
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:52 PM
Hi,
My Name is Donna Schmidt, I am a stage IV breast cancer survivor. I hope I am on the right thread, there are so many here ...it will take me some time to find my way around. I have been on another cancer board since my first dx in 2002. Looking forward to meeting all of you wonderful ladies... Keep fighting and keep the faith.

Donna

mich16
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 1150
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, June 08, 2011 9:36 PM
My name is Michelle I was diagnosed Nov 8, with Stage 2 Breast cancer 5 days after my 38th birthday. I have been through 6 months of chemo, and will be having a bi-lateral mastectomy with reconstruction June 20 with radiation to follow. I have never done anything like this and am not really sure if this is how to begin but felt like I needed to reach out to people who have been through this before, I have put up a good front for the past months but have all of a sudden felt like my world is caving in. Any help, supprt or information would be appreciated

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, June 09, 2011 2:44 PM
Hi Michelle and welcome,

I'm glad you posted and know you'll get lots of support and advice here, they're a great bunch of very caring and supportive women!

I think if you check out the surgery/recon forum you'll get lots of tips to help you from others who have had this surgery.  I just had a lumpectomy but did find when I finished all my physical treatments the actual emotional onslaught kicked in of having this disease!   I think our bodies are too busy getting through chemo etc to deal with emotions at that time, what you're feeling is normal and for most people confidence comes with time, I know it did with me:)

Good luck and jump in and post on any forum and I hope you feel happier soon!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

AmandaSoftballmom
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 220
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, June 10, 2011 3:42 AM
My name is Amanda I am from Riverside CA.  I am 30 y/o and a single parent to my 11 y/o daughter Whitney.  I found a lump a week almost to the day after my 30th bday and on June 7th 2011 I was advised that I have breast cancer in my right breast.  I do not know the stage as I am awaiting Oncology appt.  Breast cancer does not run in my family on either side that anyone is aware of.  Yesterday I was trying my best to compose myself as I do feel strong enough to battle this challenge but I am dying on the inside for my young daughter.  She is completely confused and her heart hurts as mine does for her.  I am doing all the reading and research I can and taking it all day by day.  I think I am in a phase of shock still and all seem so unreal.  I suppose I am here for research and guidance.

Thank you-

Amanda

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, June 10, 2011 1:47 PM
Hi Amanda,

I'm so sorry you've had to join us here but rest assured it's a great place for support and advice. 

The early weeks are the worst I think, awaiting tests/appts and simply trying to come to terms with this diagnosis, it will get easier once you know all the details and have a treatment plan.   
There are people of all stages of treatment here on the various forums so please feel free to jump on anywhere and do ask anything you're not sure of:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, June 10, 2011 1:52 PM
Hi Amanda. So sorry about your diagnosis. If you have someone who can go to your oncologist with you, it helps to have a second set of ears, someone who can takes notes. You'll hear a lot of information, and as you said, you're still kind of in shock. Don't hesitate to come here to ask questions or get support. Though the vast majority of us are not medical professionals, we can share our experience and direct you to reliable information. You've probably already scanned the different forums here. Sound Off gets the most traffic, but the specific forums--for surgery, radiation, etc.--are great places for specific information and tips. Please let us know how your appt, goes. Wishing you the best, Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

Marley99
  • Reward points : 85
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, June 12, 2011 6:48 PM
Hello,  my name is Teresa .  I was diagnosed w/invasive ductal carcinoma stage 2 on may 3.11..I feel like I am on a roller coaster...surgeons , plastic surgeons, oncologists,  biopsy-mri-bld tests-brac tests-pet ct scans all new words for me in this journey.    I know I am in good hands w/ my team, it's just terrifying to hear the words YOU HAVE CANCER..that was all I heard the first day, everything else that was said to me is a blur..I know now I will be having bi-lateral mast. w/ flap reconstruction w/in the next wk.  I find out 2morrow the exact date ....I dont know what to take to hosp.--what to wear---how much help will I need at home, since it;s just my husband and I...will I be able to lay in bed or will I need to sleep in recliner....I have so many ?;s. and at the same time my emotions are getting the best of me,  it seems to just be at the forfront always YOU HAVE CANCER!!!!!!!no sleep or rest from it,  forcing my self to eat so I will have enough fat tissue for them to rebuild breast.....I feel so alone, even though my spouse is w/me......It helps to now that there is a whole community out there waiting and willing to offer help through experience and wisdom and a sister bond..Thanks  to everyone, I hope to pay it forward myself  now to others in need...

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, June 13, 2011 1:39 AM
Hi Teresa,

This all will get easier although it may not seem that way right now!

If you check out the recon/surgery forum you'll find a lot of tips and info to help with any questions you have about your upcoming surgery and sending good wishes to you!
Keep us posted! xx
Carepage- survivortricia

bgruder
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 90
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:03 AM
Hello, My name is Beth, my sister, had invasive DCIS she had to have a lumpectomy, and then radiation therapy, she went to CTCA in Illinois and she is now in remission, my mother had a tumor found that was not yet cancer but was told it was the type that would have become cancer if not removed, and I have a sister in law that is in stage 4 breast cancer, and is now 95 lbs. she is so bad with this cancer, and nothing that they do seems to be working for her, I am now dealing with the fear of having something going on in my breast as well, I had my yearly mammogram back on 4/29/2011 and they noted some change, so they said I needed to have an ultrasound, they preformed that, and said that I had a lymph node that was 1.5mm that they had not seen before, at my sister's urging I contatced a surgeon, and she said that I needed to have a breast MRI which I just had completed on 6/16/2011 and it says BIRADS categeory 2 Benign findings, which I know says no cancer, but that is exactly what happened with my sister, and her Dr. decided that they needed to be sure and did a biopsy, and it came back DCIS  Positive for hormone receptive, anyway my sister in law that is in stage 4 they did not find anything on her mammogram, her cancer was basically found by accident, because she had a cough that would not go away and they did a CT scan to check her lungs, and seen something on the CT scan,  so maybe you can see why I am worried, all that plus the fact that the MRI says that the "lymph Node" is an enhancing nodule and that it is now 11 mm it has changed that much in a month and a half? That scares me a lot, I just don't know what to do, my appointment with the surgeon is tomorrow, and I have a feeling I will be undergoing biopsy, and if one is not recommend I am requesting one because of the family history of how the other cancer's have been found, I am also type 2 diabetic, and have hypertension which I have been told also increase my risk, by the way I am 39 yrs. old, but when my sister was diagnosed she was 43 and that was just over 4 years ago.

klbaviano
  • Total Posts : 287
  • Reward points : 4090
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:04 PM
Hi Girls,
  My name is Karen and this is my second  bc12
diagnosis.  First time was dcis in 2008.  After two failed lumpectomies I opted for a mastectomy with tram flap reconstrucion. 

Donna-  Hello.  I sent you a pm.  Glad you are here.

Teresa==if you have any questions, I would be happy to share my experience with you.

Amanda==I have two daughters and although mine were older than you, that was the hardest thing for me to tell them.  

Beth-  No wonder you are scared, you have alot of women around you right now that this has hit hard.  I think you are doing a great thing by being proactive and asking for that biopsy.  Try and stay positive.  So far you have had good news and hopefully it will continue that way.

Got called back for a bad mammo and the biopsy this time shows IDC.  I am scheduled for a mastectomy for Jun 28th hopefully with tissue expander.  I'll have a sentinel node biopsy to see about chemo recommendations.  Crossing my fingers its negative.

Keep the faith!

Karen, age 48
dx- DCIS 06/27/08
surg- lumpectomy, setinel node biop 7/31
node neg!
8/8- re-excision surg. (multi-focal)
9/18-Mast. with tram flap recon.
3/09- breast reduc/scar rev.
6/11/11- IDC
6/28- mastectomy w/expander w/node biopsy
8/15- 4 rds of a/c started-Done
12 rds of Taxol/herceptin (in progress)

Still fighting for Linda.

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, June 24, 2011 2:36 AM
Karen I really am so sorry you're facing this again and sending good wishes for no chemo!!!!
Carepage- survivortricia

mbibler
  • Reward points : 60
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, June 24, 2011 11:19 AM
My name is Megan. I am 24 years old. When I was 21 I had blood coming out of my left nipple. I had 3 lumpectomies, and the biopsies kept getting worse and worse. After surgery 3, they found DCIS and after getting a second opinion from Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, I went ahead with a double mastectomy with reconstruction after an MRI found irregularities in my right breast too.

Lucky for me, I do not need any treatment besides 6 month check ups with my doctor to check for any lumps.

My husband got offered a new and better paying job recently. The problem is that they do not offer health insurance, they will just give us money to pay for it. After many phone calls and a lot of frustration, I keep getting denied coverage because of a cancer diagnosis. All I want is to put cancer behind me and start our family, but without coverage that will be impossible. It makes me so frustrated that even though the cancer is out, the fact that I did have it is still preventing me from what I want to do and going on with my life.

jlg373
  • Total Posts : 72
  • Reward points : 875
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, June 24, 2011 1:44 PM
May our Lord God Bless you now and forever.   I will pray for healing Angels to be next to you through this whole thing.

Janice G. 

<message edited by jlg373 on Friday, June 24, 2011 4:30 PM>
Diag 4/28/11 ILC Multifocal Stage 11A Grade 2
 Er/Pr + Her 2 -  Ultrasound Biopsy
Sterotatic Biopsy on lft brst clear
Bilateral Axillary node biopsies all clear readings
Bilateral Brst MRI/w dye/lft clear readings 
Quadectomy  &  SNB 5/18/11- Clear Margins
21 days Canadian Radiation therapy starting in July 
Hormone Therapy/ Arimidex

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, June 24, 2011 5:57 PM
Mbibler,

I'm so sorry for the situation you find yourself in, I live in Ireland and it's illegal to be denied health coverage simply because of a past diagnosis, I thought it would be in the U.S too, have you checked if this legal???
Maybe try posting this on the sound off forum which is busier where you may get more advice! xx
Carepage- survivortricia

Leti01
  • Reward points : 765
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, June 26, 2011 1:55 PM

[font="'ms sans serif'"]Hello [font="'ms sans serif'"]My name is Leticia i'm 38 years old. I was diagnosed June 2, 2011:  with IDC stage 3  (L) breast, tumor size 5cm and  no family history. I'm married with 2 boys and 1 girl. My first reaction to the words that came out of the Doctor's mouth were, "WOW!,  it's actually happening to someone I know and that's ME!!". My husband was with me and the first thing he said to me was,  "we are going to fight this together".  This is when I went into survival mode..I'll be honest I am scared but I know that I have my faith and the strength to overcome this, It's going to be a journey. But I'm anxious to meet the woman at the end of this journey. ... So I'm currently 11 days into my first chemo treatment. My oncologist has scheduled 4 rounds of chemo (every 21 days) to shrink the tumor then we will be doing surgery (mastectomy (L) breast) then  radiation.  Everyday is going to be a challenge. But I have been reading some of the post's on this site and they are very reassuring. This is why I choose to register, I would love personal feedback to help me through the rough days. 
[font="'ms sans serif'"]Thank you  

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, June 26, 2011 3:36 PM
Hi Leticia,

That survival mode feeling you had will get you through this and you'll discover a hidden strength, just take one day at a time for now and you'll get there:)

If you check out the chemo forum there are a few ladies there undergoing chemo and supporting each other along with lots of tips to help you.
Good luck and please keep us posted!
Carepage- survivortricia

tmarge
  • Reward points : 65
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, June 30, 2011 6:51 PM
Hi there, just here to receive and give help where I can.
<message edited by tmarge on Thursday, June 30, 2011 6:57 PM>

klbaviano
  • Total Posts : 287
  • Reward points : 4090
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, July 01, 2011 5:58 PM
Hi Leti,

The women on this board have been an amazing source of strength, encouragement and information for me.  I'll be returning many more times as I will most likely be having chemo this time around.  You sound like you have a great husband to support you, and three lovely little kiddos to fight for.

Keep the faith,
karen
Karen, age 48
dx- DCIS 06/27/08
surg- lumpectomy, setinel node biop 7/31
node neg!
8/8- re-excision surg. (multi-focal)
9/18-Mast. with tram flap recon.
3/09- breast reduc/scar rev.
6/11/11- IDC
6/28- mastectomy w/expander w/node biopsy
8/15- 4 rds of a/c started-Done
12 rds of Taxol/herceptin (in progress)

Still fighting for Linda.

rosey
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, July 01, 2011 6:58 PM
Hi, just dx this week, infiltrative ductal carcinoma 9 mm. Plan is for MRI next week, then surgery -lumpectomy followed by both radiation and chemo ! I have been crying for a week.  Tumor is grade 2 and Her2 positive which is why I need all of this. It is really scarey and I am wondering if I can do this and continue to work. I have two older children married and OK and a young son age 12..
I think I can manage the surgery, the radiation, but the chemo scares me.
Today is 7/1/11. How long will this all take and should I quit my job??
I am 56 years old, married, 3 children and scared

Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 27 of 68, messages 521 to 540 of 1351