Introduce Yourself

Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 28 of 68, messages 541 to 560 of 1351
Rose Cafe523
  • Total Posts : 2653
  • Reward points : 6385
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, July 01, 2011 10:35 PM
Rosey,
   Take some slow deep breaths and then know that you have found a good support system here!!  Also post on the Sound OFF forum.  I did not have chemo so others will be able to help you there.  Take this a step at a time, get your plan together with your oncologist and surgeon and then it will be easier to have some control back in your life.  Will be thinking of you and know others will be along to  post.  But do post on Sound off also!!\\
Rose
 Pink Impacts Forever
5-23-06 DCIS High Grade
Strong family history BC/OVCA
denied(lost appeals)out of network surgery
10-30-06 BM SICA left,DIEP right
Nodes Neg No chemo or rads 
Revisions along with LAVH/BSO/TVT 1-23-08
Biopsies x 3 10/20/08,neg
Bone scan 2/23/11 spot on R frontal and occiptal bone
PET/CT scan 3/4/11 negative

Bonnie Mae
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 90
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, July 09, 2011 12:00 PM
Hi everyone -- I am 58 and work full time. I was diagnosed the beg of May with grade 1 invasive ductal carcinoma with neg nodes, ER and PR + and HER2 neg so far after the lumpectomy on May 4, 2011 and sentinal node biopsy on May 24, 2011. Met with onc on 6/23/11 who orderered the onca DX which is not back yet and met with Rad Onc on July 6, 2011. So far just met them all - no tx til # back from onca score. One question I have so far is that after the lumpectomy on 5/4/11 my nipple inverted and surgeon said it may right itself - has this happened to anyone. Anyone I have scheduled a 2nd opinion and anxious to start some sort of tx.

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, July 09, 2011 1:55 PM
Hi Bonnie Mae,

I had a lumpectomy but did'nt have this issue so hope someone else can answer that for you.
Good luck with your upcoming results and hope you get a treatment plan soon:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

angel young
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, July 12, 2011 8:31 AM
My name is Angel and on July 7, 2011 I found the lump I was hoping would never show up.  On Saturday the 9th I was diagnosed with stage 2a, Grade 3, Triple Negative breast cancer.  I have the BRCA gene and had my tubes and ovaries removed 3 years ago to lower my chances of getting breast cancer.  My sister also had breast cancer and even though she beat it she passed away 2 years ago in a motorcycle accident so I don't have her around to help me through this.  A little bit more about me.....14 years ago I also had a Kidney Transplant which just adds to the worry about my health.  All my doctors are great and I know I'm in good hands.  I also have a 6 year old son which I'm hoping to get some information on how to let him know whats happening with his mom.  I just hope I can form some friendships here with woman that understand whats going on.

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, July 12, 2011 8:39 AM
Hi Angel,

I'm so sorry you lost your sister and also that you now find yourself facing this disease, I hope the many long term survivors here will give you some reassurance in facing the future.

There's also a good site for info on www.facingourrisk.org  (it may be facing you risk if that link does'nt work as not sure!!)  I hope you'll check the other forums, most members chat on sound off but there's a forum on chemo and rads too for ladies undergoing that tx right now.

My children were adults when I was dx six years ago but I know some of the other ladies can advise you on that, I've made many friends here and I'm sure you will too:) x
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

diane squirlz
  • Total Posts : 31
  • Reward points : 2105
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:24 PM
hi everyone.  my name is diane.  i was diagnosed with moderately differentiated invasive ductal carcinoma on may 14, 2011. 

on july 8th i had a double mastectomy with reconstruction.  on july 15th i was under the scalpel again ~ for right lymphectomy.

chemo will start for me soon....i am NOT looking forward to that.  i'm going to have to dig deep to find the strength to get me through this

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:38 AM
Hi Diane,

Sorry you've had to join us but you're in good company and I'm sure will get lots of support and advice here to help you through this.

Try checking out the chemo forum as there's lots of info there and also an ongoing thread for ladies going through chemo right now, they'll welcome you so feel free to jump in there too:)
Carepage- survivortricia

Jean Southward
  • Total Posts : 1782
  • Reward points : 3810
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:10 AM
Diane, while chemo can test us, I think most of us find that it was less difficult than we imagined.  It is amazing the strength we find within to come toe to toe with our worst fears.  You have found friends here that can support you on the journey that lays ahead.  So much wisdom and advise so please be sure to ask questions and put your mind to ease!!!  I wish you well.
Jean S

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops...at all.

Emily Dickinson

IDC Stage IIB Grade 3 BC DX on 2-10-09
HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Double Mastectomy 2-23-09
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10
Arimidex for 5 years Started 8-09 

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:18 PM
Hello to all the wonderful new Warriors!  Rosey, Bonnie, Angel Diane,
Weclome!  But of course I'm sorry you all (or any of us) has to be here.  Each of us may take a different path, but we are united by the Sisterhood.  There are many forums to post specific questions, but if you can't find the right "category", just put it in Sound Off.  You can ask anything, and there is sure to be someone who has been there, done that, and provide some hand holding to get you through
(((((())))))))
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

jmorgan
  • Reward points : 535
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:36 PM
Hello All,
I have just been diagnosed with breast cancer.
I have 2 lumps in my left breast. One is 1 cm the other is .05 cm.
The doctors are thinking it is at stage 2 and are calling it Invasive Ductal Carcinoma(IDC). We wont know for sure what the treatment plan will be until after my lumpectmy surgery that is slated for Monday.
Just recently,  I started to feel some pains in my right breast as well and am not sure if this is a bad sign or if it is just related to being pre-menopausel.
Has any of you with IDC experienced pains in their cancerous breast? My pains are similar to what I felt when my milk came in after having a child. 

JulieS
  • Total Posts : 4392
  • Reward points : 5475
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:36 PM
Hi J and welcome...not that any of us wants to be here.  I am hoping they did a breast MRI so they could get a really good look at both breasts and the lymph nodes.  It answers the question if there is anything else there. 
Do go and read the thread on the surgery forum on  preparing for  surgery..it is pinned to the top of that forum.  Lots of good suggestions and advice there. 
Do come back for any questions you may have or even for support. 
If you are at all concerned call your dr. 
Hope and strength,
Julie S

Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

SPARKLES_THE_CLOWN
  • Total Posts : 108
  • Reward points : 745
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, July 29, 2011 12:07 AM
HI   ... 
 TRYING TO NAVIGATE AROUND THE SITE .. IT SEEMS A LITTLE EASIER THEN FACEBOOK AND TWITTER .. ENJOYING READING THE POSTS AS MUCH AS I DID THE SITE INFO PAGES . XO SPARKS 
6/9/2011 2A ER+/PR+/HER2+ 3/3
7/13/2011 ; MEDICALLY  3A ER+/PR+/HER2+,3/3 

radiaiton & chemo port & treatment begin first 1/2 of aug 2011 Yesterdays History~Tomorrows a Mystery~Todays the Present~Thats why its Called a GIFT. BEST 

diane squirlz
  • Total Posts : 31
  • Reward points : 2105
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, July 29, 2011 8:37 PM
thank you all for the warm welcome.  i know i'll learn a lot from your collective experiences and is nice knowing that there are 'virtual' shoulders to lean on. 
Dx'd IDC 5/14/11  age 47 
ER/PR+  HER2/neu -   BRCA -       
Double Mastectomy w/ reconstruction 7/8/11 (hbot x 10)\Right Lymphectomy 7/15/11    2 of 25 nodes +
Stage IIB 
Sx 8/17/11 infection, right (hbot x 12)
Chemo:  A/C followed Taxol (8/15-12/12/11) 
More surgery approx 3/1/12 
Radiation afterwards, tamo

Ann B.
  • Total Posts : 2920
  • Reward points : 5060
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, July 30, 2011 12:11 PM
Hi Diane--Just want to welcome you to the boards and to say I'mn sorry you have to join us.  I'm sure you will find the women on this board supportive and knowledgable.

Ann B.
Ann B.
12/89--Lumptectomy of left breast for 2 sites of DCIS followed by radiation and 5 years of tamoxifen. ER/PR +
12/2002--Mastectomy of Left breast for recurrence. Nodes negative. ER/PR+ Her2-. Arimidex.

marianwolf
  • Total Posts : 209
  • Reward points : 8850
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, August 01, 2011 8:37 AM
Hi All & answer to JMorgan:
I did have pains similar to yours in both breasts.  I worried about it but chalked it up to internal stress.  I also worried that I had tumors that weren't being seen by onc radiologist in the non cancerous breast!  But that's me....a sometimes hospeless worrier! I am asking my breast surgeon this Wed about my fears and will post back here with his answer.

Marian
I am asking my surgeon thi

Marian 

DX June 20, 2011
IDC, E+P-, HER2-, Ki67 49%
Lumpectomy 7/26/11 & 8/23/11   
Lymph nodes clear!   
BRCA 1-/2-
Stage 1, Grade III 
Oncotype: 36%
Taxotere/Cytoxn 1 2 3 4 12/12/11
33 Rads completed 3/16/12
Start Arimidex 3/17/12    

[link=http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/

Ann B.
  • Total Posts : 2920
  • Reward points : 5060
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, August 01, 2011 9:16 AM
Hi Marian--Just to reassure you, having fear and anxiety is the norm around here and we all worry that every ache and pain we feel is a recurrence.  As time goes on, it does get better and you think about it less but comes mammogram time and most of us become basket cases.  I hope your doctor can reassure you.

Ann B.
Ann B.
12/89--Lumptectomy of left breast for 2 sites of DCIS followed by radiation and 5 years of tamoxifen. ER/PR +
12/2002--Mastectomy of Left breast for recurrence. Nodes negative. ER/PR+ Her2-. Arimidex.

fthomas
  • Reward points : 55
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, August 02, 2011 8:33 PM
Hello, My name is Fran.
I am new to this site but have been a Komen fan since my friend was diagnosed in 1998. She lost her battle in 2006. I was diagnosed in 2009 and have been very blessed with great doctors and supportive family and friends. I found this site while searching for info on uterine polyps and tamoxifen. I had a hysteroscopy last October to remove one. Lab work was good. After having my annual gyn checkup last week, I was given a ultrasound and another polyp shows up. My gyn wants to do another hysteroscopy to remove it.  So I was searching for info on tamoxifen and how common these polyps are. I will be calling my oncologist tomorrow to discuss...has anyone had a similar problem? I would love some feedback. Thanks!
3/31/09 Diagnosed-1.5cm IDC
4/14/09 Lumpectomy
Clear lymph nodes
7/2009 Radiation
8/2009-present - Tamoxifen

Jean Southward
  • Total Posts : 1782
  • Reward points : 3810
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, August 02, 2011 8:37 PM
Welcome Fran!  I am sorry that I am unable to answer your question but wanted to be part of the "welcome" committee. Best of luck!
Jean S

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops...at all.

Emily Dickinson

IDC Stage IIB Grade 3 BC DX on 2-10-09
HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Double Mastectomy 2-23-09
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10
Arimidex for 5 years Started 8-09 

JulieS
  • Total Posts : 4392
  • Reward points : 5475
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, August 02, 2011 11:54 PM
Hi Fran,
Welcome!  I took tamoxifen for 2 years and towards the end of that time I had 3  fibroids removed.  I am guessing that plops are similar but am not sure.  Right after that I switched to arimidex.  I did talk to my gyn and she said if I got more that they too could be removed but that it was ok to do that.  
I will be interested as to what your gyn has to say on the matter, so please come back and share with us.
Hope and strength,
Julie S

Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, August 03, 2011 8:35 PM
Hi Fran,
I actually have a friend named Fran!
Before I start you might want to post and check for related posts on sound off and  on the hormone forum for more on this subject.

T is known to cause a number of uterine problems, including increased endometrial stripe(thickness), increased growth of  fibroids, and ovarian cysts, and uterine polyps.  My first uterine bx was only about 6 months after I started tamoxfen.  Followed by a few more bx, US's and a diagnostic d&c., finally submitting to a total hyst/bso in March.  Although most all tamoxifen induced uterine changes are b9, every one must be checked, resulting in so many tests and bx's.  The better doc to evaluate this is probably your GYN or posibly a consult with a GYN/ONC.    
I hope your visit today gave you some peace of mind, but don't be alarmed if the next step is an endo bx.  
Please come back and share what you fround out. 
Sound off is a more active forum, so come on over!
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 28 of 68, messages 541 to 560 of 1351