Introduce Yourself

Change Page: << < ..41424344454647484950.. > | Showing page 45 of 68, messages 881 to 900 of 1351
Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, December 08, 2012 6:46 PM
Amy, I've left your post up but generally we don't allow advertising on the Komen boards!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

Wintersmom
  • Total Posts : 42
  • Reward points : 2570
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, December 09, 2012 8:17 AM
Hi Everyone,  Wow this is all so crazy. I start Chemo on Thursday. I have my port , my wig appointment and my Chemo Buddy all ready to go.

Wintersmom
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, December 09, 2012 8:19 AM
Thanks for making me feel welcome Tricia. It is so nice to read about people who are actually going through the same thingh as me

scootersmom
  • Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, December 09, 2012 9:49 AM
Welcome Wintersmom-

Can't talk about chemo as I didn't have it, but I hope that if you have side effects from it, they are manageable.

Good luck and wish you well.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

cindiloo
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 115
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, December 10, 2012 10:41 PM
wow, that is great and encouraging for me. I think my onc wants me to do AI's as well. Not sure exactly which one yet--my naturopath onc says AI's are a good place to start--will find out what regular onc says after Xmas. Hubby is supportive all the way around...just wants me to be healthy. I just want to be able to function in the classroom--teach special needs and they are demanding energy and physically wise. I am hoping it won't be as bad as some are saying on other chat boards. Yes,some people are just freaked out too much when you talk to them. It's best this stays in the family for now and hopefully no serious SE's will give it away. Finishing up parent/teacher conferences this week--trying not to think about cancer every hour...holidays coming up and lots to be grateful for.

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:48 AM
Wintersmom, remember you're not alone and will find lots of support here when you need it, and you will get through this!:).... Cindi, do keep us posted and will be keeping everything crossed for you.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

cindiloo
  • Reward points : 115
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, December 11, 2012 10:15 PM
Wintersmom...wishing you the best! Tricia and Tina--thanks for making me feel welcomed too. Very tired today but I did not obsess about cancer. Does it come and go in cycles for you? Do you get to that point where you make peace with it and stop letting it control your every move? I so want that someday... Well, conferences are done. Snow, a couple inches coming. That will keep me busy.. :8)

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:39 AM
Cindi, do rest as you need to as its your body's way of telling you you need this healing time and it will help. It all will get easier, just take one day at a time for now and enjoy staying warm and looking out at that snow!
Carepage- survivortricia

Wintersmom
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:34 AM
Thanks Tina and Tricia... this site has helped me so much. I know what to expect and when to expect it. It helps me to feel more in control of all of this. I was given 4 brand new wigs and now I will order one from my Insurance... I plan to rock a different style every day ! If you gotta have it .. might as well have fun.

Wintersmom
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:43 AM
Hi Cindi,
I am waaay new here so I do not have any advise to offer other than, is there an option to take off work if need be? I was against it at first , but my Dr told me to take off until we determine how my body will handle the drugs. I am officially on disability for the next 6 months, but I hope to go back after a month or 2. I have been out of work since last Thursday when I got my Chemo Port and will start Chemo this Thursday. It really helped to not have the added pressure of work on top of all of this. I also have had so many appointments from Dr's to beauty tips to Wig's so it has been nice to be able to take this time for me. Good luck .. look for all of the programs out there and listed on this site to help get you through all of this. You can do this... I can do this.. they have all done this .. Take care girl

Her Dotness
  • Total Posts : 564
  • Reward points : 4525
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:36 AM
I agree with your doctor, W-mom, that it's a very good idea to take some kind of leave from work until you find out how chemo affects you. 

I was very glad indeed that I'd retired from teaching before this little nasty appeared. I'd never have been able to teach while doing chemo. My memory was somewhat foggy, so much that I couldn't read or follow the plot of a movie or tv show. That wouldn't have helped my performance as an English and speech teacher at all!

Thus, I certainly marvel at the stories from those who are able to work clear through chemo. No way I could have done it, I quickly learned. 
dx 11/29/10 DCIS/IDC
1/5/11 lumpectomy, SLND 2+, ALND - 
T1c, clean margins!
er +/pr + (My little nasty was an estrogen drunk, said my med onc.) HER2 -
Chemo: TC Done 4/30/11 
Rads:  Done 6/30/11 
Arimidex 7/11-? 

scootersmom
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:27 PM
Glad I could help. And yes, emotions come and go when you least expect it. I still have some difficulty trying to determine where in this world I fit. I haven't completed my reconstruction yet so it's sometimes hard to move forward. The message boards do help and this year I joined a support group. Not sure how much longer I'll be attending it. I guess until I finally reach a peaceful place. Stay strong! Lean on us when needed.
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

drose
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, December 14, 2012 12:15 PM
Hi, I am Dana, age 61 next week, and was diagnosed with calcification breast cancer last Friday, December 7. I am terrified, go between crying and being hopeful, depressed an then angry. Is there anyone I can talk to?

I had my lumpectomy last Tuesday, and will have radiation beginning December 27. I do not have to get chemo. They found it in a routine mammogram in November, and then did a needle biopsy.

Her Dotness
  • Total Posts : 564
  • Reward points : 4525
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, December 14, 2012 2:14 PM
You're at the right place for venting your fears, Dana, so lay 'em on us as you feel that doing that might relieve the pressure. 

Lots of "Been there, have I ever! Know the feeling" on these boards. 

In fact, I think it'd probably be abnormal not to be scared pretty much out if your wits at the point where you are. 

That does gradually lessen, and you ARE fortunate not to need chemo, so there's something to hold onto when you feel desperate. 

Huggers and welcome to the gang we'd all rather not have become members of,
Dot

dx 11/29/10 DCIS/IDC
1/5/11 lumpectomy, SLND 2+, ALND - 
T1c, clean margins!
er +/pr + (My little nasty was an estrogen drunk, said my med onc.) HER2 -
Chemo: TC Done 4/30/11 
Rads:  Done 6/30/11 
Arimidex 7/11-? 

scootersmom
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, December 14, 2012 3:19 PM
Dana-- Welcome fellow draftee! This is a club as Dot said no one wanted to join yet here we are. Emotions are one thing that you will find during this trip that does not seem to go away. The whole thing is tiring and scary. You can speak to any of us by sending a private message if you want a little one to one conversation. There are so many of us who have been where you are now. It is really amazing the number of women here that have experienced almost everything. Don't be afraid to express yourself here. We can be a gentle hug, an ear to bend, a shoulder to cry on. Just know that we are here for you. I am glad that chemo isn't necessary. That is one thing off your mind.
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

Wintersmom
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, December 17, 2012 8:26 AM
Welcome Dana I am new here also. I have found this site so comforting . It is so nice to know what to expect or what I am feeling is normal. Good luck and try to find your positive place in all of this.

cosmo_sam
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 65
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:12 PM
Hi, my name is Sam, I recently turned 36. I'm from England but have lived in Colorado for 3 years. Today was my final day of treatment. I was diagnosed in March this year with Stage III, Grade III, Triple Negative, invasive ductal carcinoma - 3 nodes affected. The tumour was 7.5cm x 8cm. I had neo-adjuvant chemo with the trial drug Avastin, then bi-lateral mastectomy (good news was a full response with zero disease remaining at the surgery pathology). I've just completed 5.5 weeks of radiation. Phew :) Hello!

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, December 20, 2012 11:04 PM
Hi Sam and welcome! How great that your tumor responded so well to the chemo! I also had a triple negative tumor and had 22 positive nodes. That was 26 years ago. I wish you well and hope that you'll come back and say hi and let us know how you're doing. 
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, December 21, 2012 4:23 AM
Hi Sam and welcome and many congrats on finishing your treatment!:)
Carepage- survivortricia

UPTOU
  • Reward points : 585
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, January 01, 2013 6:14 PM
Happy New Year to all . sense I was here on dec 8th I had a biopsy that came back as cancer. thankfully a lady named patty called me she is my oncology nurse and she set me up with a great sergeon Dr. Marty and an oncologist Dr.Medgysy and they have been great the oncologist ordered a ct with contrast and that came back clean and blood work that i have not gotten result from yet. I had a lumpectomy and a node biopsy on the 27th, the node came back clean to . now just waiting to see if I will have to have chemotherapy or just the radiation for 6 weeks. they said I have IDC ER+ PR+ and that i will have to take tamoxifen for 5 years they didnt say when that would start. Dr. Marty wants to do some tests that would tell them what the chances are that i would get it back or if i passed it on to my children? anyone know how that works? sorry for just going on and on i think the pain pills are getting to me =(  but it still hurts alot.

Change Page: << < ..41424344454647484950.. > | Showing page 45 of 68, messages 881 to 900 of 1351