Introduce Yourself

Change Page: << < ..6162636465666768 | Showing page 68 of 68, messages 1341 to 1351 of 1351
Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, September 01, 2016 7:43 AM
Hi,

I'm so sorry, if you check the stage iv forum of www.breastcancer.org you can chat to many others in the same situation, our own stage iv forum is a little quiet of late.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

AngelaKS
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 95
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, September 07, 2016 11:44 AM
Hi!  I am Angela, 43 and newly diagnosed with breast cancer.  Things have happened very quickly and I still don't have answers to some issues (ER+/-, etc) I do know that it is invasive ductual and HER2+, it is of course aggressive and it is quite large.  I start chemo tomorrow with Taxotere, Carbooplatin, Herceptin and Pertuzimab.  I have a PET/CT scan tomorrow morning as well.

I am married to my wonderful husband and have two beautiful children Nicklas 9 & Alexxis 15 (well the 17th) and they have been through a lot.  Their dad deploying to Afghanistan (he is not serving anymore) I had a stroke last summer and then blood clots in my lung in March this year.  Now this, so it is rough for them.

I have so many questions and I am very positive and have a great attitude, I just need to know things, just how I am.
I am happy to meet y'all

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, September 07, 2016 3:24 PM
Hi Angela and welcome,

Things will get easier once you begin treatment and have a full picture of what you're dealing with.  Its a little quiet here of late as a lot of the members are posting on the closed Facebook page, if you'd like to join us there I can add you and you can chat to other ladies there who are just about to begin chemo, here's the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/1588741974737166/

Do check out the chemo forum here too though for lots of advice and tips and I look forward to chatting with you more.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

rjk61
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, September 08, 2016 12:23 PM
This is all a little overwhelming. So is the whole process of finding out you have breast cancer and facing all the decisions that go along with the diagnosis. I am new here, just signed up today. Was diagnosed with breast cancer in July 2016. Had a lumpectomy and now am undergoing treatments. Started Tamoxifin the middle of last month and just had my 11th radiation treatment this morning. Tried to find out some information on side effects from radiation but could not find an answer about my question on the internet, so thought I would try an on-line support group. I am not sure I understand how all of this works concerning how to use the message boards and such. Hope I will catch on quickly. Guess I should tell you that my name is Ronda and I am a wife, mother and grandmother. There is a history of cancer in both sides of my family, including breast cancer on my mother's side. I have been blessed with the wonderful support of my husband, children and their spouses and numerous other friends and family. It helps though to talk to someone who has gone through or what I am going through.

Juls60
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, September 08, 2016 6:04 PM
Intraductal carcinoma in situ of right breast. Needle biopsy & 2 lumpectomies. Age 56. Purchases a BIG bottle of pure Aloe for the treatments. I now have 3 new temporary tattoos, which will become permanent once I do my trial run sometime late next week or early the week after. Wonder if they will mind if I make them a little prettier once I am all done :) They made a mold around my head and shoulders to keep me from moving and to assure I am in the same place next time. They also bound and tied my feet so I cannot move (I didn't like that, I sleep with my feet outside the covers) Also, was told I have Seroma, they will have to take extra tests to make sure the fluid buildup does not increase and throw everything off kilter. Seroma can turn into Lymphedema, so they will be monitoring it.
Julia, Age 56 Age 35 Lumpectomy L A-typical Age 40 Complete Hysterectomy 6-2016 BC(R) DCIS, T1, ER+/PR+ 7-2016 1st Lumpectomy R DX not clear 8-2016 2nd Lumpectomy R DX clear 9-2016 RT 33Rx * 11-2016 TAM

Lynnhome
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, November 02, 2016 3:01 PM
Hi,

I'm new here and I hope I am doing this right.  I found out last month that I have DCIS.  I had a lumpectomy and was then diagnosed.  Right now I am trying to figure out my treatment plan.  I have a meeting with a Radiation Oncologist on Friday.  The medical oncologist suggested that I skip having radiation, have more surgery and go on Tamoxifin.  But said I should still meet with the Radiation Oncologist.  The surgeon said that I probally did not need to have more surgery.  Also, I was told that the anti depressants I am on with affect the Tamoxifin.  I am pretty stressed out right now.  I know that DCIS stage 0 is not the most serious of cancers (that's what the Medical Oncologist told me), and I am thankful that it has been caught at such an early stage, but I am not sure what to do in regards to my treatment.  Does anyone have any ideas for me?  

Thank you so much for listening.  

Lynn

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, November 04, 2016 9:15 AM
Hi Lynn and welcome, I'm sorry for my late reply, it's great you've found this so early, it's been very quiet here but if you look for our closed group on Facebook you'll get lots of replies and support and here's the link. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1588741974737166/

It sounds like a second opinion may help you if you're getting a lot of conflicting info from your Dr's.
Carepage- survivortricia

Sandra Henry
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, November 11, 2016 5:48 PM
Hi, I'm Sandy. New here as well. I don't do Facebook, unfortunately. I was diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma, right breast. I may have gone into the lymph nodes, they are removing them as well. I am having a partial mastectomy the 1st week of December and then radiation after. I don't know about chemo yet. Pretty rattled by the whole thing.
Take a trip on a rocket ship, baby, the sea is the sky. I know the guy who runs the place and he's out of sight. ~Flying Dutchman, Tori Amos

Tricia Keegan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, November 12, 2016 9:29 AM
Hi Sandra and welcome, it's a shame you don't do FB as our group there is a lot busier than here so you'd have received more replies. I just wanted to send good wishes to you and hopefully the cancer will be contained with the breast, keep us posted!
Carepage- survivortricia

scootersmom
  • Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, November 12, 2016 9:34 AM
Welcome Sandy.  I am sorry for your diagnosis.  Once you know more and have a treatment plan in place, things will quiet down.  The unknown is what gives everyone the additional stress.

The boards are a little quiet but many of the sisters that I met when I first joined still stop by and check out the postings.  They were my ears and shoulders to cry on when I needed them the most.  

Please keep us posted when you find out more.

Tina
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

NMoulton
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 90
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, November 14, 2016 3:42 AM
Hi I am Nicole and last month I found out that my gf is having breast cancer. And I am worried about her.

Change Page: << < ..6162636465666768 | Showing page 68 of 68, messages 1341 to 1351 of 1351