Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Her2 Positive and need info??
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 21 to 30 of 53
Jean Southward

• Total Posts : 1782
  • Reward points : 3810
Re:Her2 Positive and need info?? - Monday, August 31, 2009 2:42 PM
Thank you for the information and the site HER2+ info.  Now that Chemo is over I find myself digging deeper and wanting more information on what HER2+ means for my future.  I sometimes hear my husband misstating the facts about Herceptin and my being HER2+ and I cringe.  I want to be sure I "get it" before I try to explain it to him so he understands it better.  I think he goes back to hearing a statement made that being HER2+ is a good thing.  He selected that statement to hold on to and I've not corrected it. 
Jean S

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops...at all.

Emily Dickinson

IDC Stage IIB Grade 3 BC DX on 2-10-09
HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Double Mastectomy 2-23-09
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10
Arimidex for 5 years Started 8-09 
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Her2 Positive and need info?? - Tuesday, September 01, 2009 3:14 AM
Jean- I believe in some ways your hubby may be right and have a good point and whatever helps us all cope with this can only be a good thing.
A few short years ago this would have been deemed as the direst of all to be, but we now have some solid info on how to treat and actually target these cells along with a couple of new targeted therapies!
While there are no gurantee's of course whatever type of bc we have, it makes sense to be positive, educate yourself and go forward with confidence. There are a few hubbys posting on the her2 site also and I'm sure you'll find all the detailed info you need right there:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
PatriciaJH

• Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 1805
Re:Her2 Positive and need info?? - Thursday, September 03, 2009 8:34 AM
Thanks for establishing this forum.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this month, but told of the HER2/neu issue only yesterday.  Surgery will take place in a week.  I think I am still in shock! It is helpful to hear that there can be positive results.

Patricia

Tricia Keegan

Re:Her2 Positive and need info?? - Thursday, September 03, 2009 12:15 PM
Hi Patricia,

I'm sorry for your diagnosis but glad you found us here:)

This forum is not very busy but any of us who are her2+ usually post any new info or studies here so it's worth checking in. 
I hope you browse the other forums particularly the recon/surgery where you'll get lots of advice and tips.
We also have an "introductory forum" where you'll find many other newly diagnosed ladies so you need not feel alone.  The sound off is probably the busiest forum and where most people post I think.   Good luck with your upcoming surgery and I hope you have a quick recovery and please keep us posted!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
Tricia Keegan

Re:Her2 Positive and need info?? - Thursday, September 03, 2009 12:47 PM
I started a new thread to be sure everyone saw this but will post here also-

Living Proof - the movie on Lifetime Movie Network again

Hi Everyone,

I just saw that the Lifetime Movie Network is airing the movie about the making of Herceptin "Living Proof" with Harry Connick, Jr. again on October 8th at 8p.m. eastern time. If you get this channel, it is a MUST watch. (Be sure and have your kleenix ready.)

http://www.lmn.tv (search for Living Proof)

Tell all of your friends to watch as well, it will help them to understand so much more about our Vitamin H!
Carepage- survivortricia
pilgrim37

• Total Posts : 162
  • Reward points : 180
Re:Her2 Positive and need info?? - Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:22 PM
Hi all-  I am her2+ and just wanted to check in.  I am on preadjunctive chemo -- taxol and herceptin weekly for 12 weeks.  Surgery in December, then 12 weeks A/C, then radiation, then herceptin balance of the year.  Anyone else out there on a similar protocol?
married 19 years to my hubbie
mom to 3 kiddos (5, 7 & 8)
diag. inv. ductal carcinoma, stage IIB/IIIA, her2+
Phase I: 12 wks neoadjuvant herceptin/taxol (DONE!)
Phase II: bilateral mast. on 1/8/2010 (DONE!) Path report:  total tumor evaporation from Phase I!
Phase III: 12 wks a/c chemo starting 1/29/2010 (DONE!)
Phase IV: 5 wks rads (DONE!) 
Phase V: herceptin thru Dec. 2010
Phase VI: arimidex thru July 2015
NED since Jan. 20
Tricia Keegan

Re:Her2 Positive and need info?? - Thursday, October 01, 2009 7:29 PM
Hi Piligrim,

I had the same treatment but in a different order, as I had surgery first..then a/c followed by 12 weekly taxol/herceptin with the remainder of the herceptin three weekly for a year.
I had rads about a month after chemo finished.
It seems like it'll last forever but does go by quicker than you may think.  If you have any questions I can help with feel free to pm or e mail me and good luck:)
Carepage- survivortricia
PatriciaJH

• Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 1805
Re:Her2 Positive and need info?? - Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:29 PM
Hi
I know so much more than when I first posted here!  (Like how to decipher signatures in the forums.)  I am doing A/C now and will do Taxol/Herceptin after three more cycles, then surgery in Spring, and finish out Herceptin.  I'm in  a clinical trial that is testing Lapinatab, not in that arm, though.  I am seven days out of the first chemo treatment and happy to be writing, eating and smiling.  I am worried about the H1N1 threat, but staying positive.

Pat

Diagnosed-Aug. 7, 2009  Stage 1 ER/PR NEG. HER-2 postive  Grade 2 Comedo Pattern
A/C- 4 treatments every 3 weeks-1st treatment October 8,2009
Taxol + Herceptin weekly for 12 weeks to follow
Surgery in Spring sometime:  decisions to be made
Herceptin- every 3 weeks for 9 months thereafter

Tricia Keegan

Re:Her2 Positive and need info?? - Friday, October 16, 2009 12:09 PM
Hi Pat,

Glad you're coping okay, you'll get lots of info about the side effects of taxol/herceptin on the chemo forum.
Personally I found it to be a lot more easy to tolerate than a/c!
Carepage- survivortricia
Brenda_

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Her2 Positive and need info?? - Monday, November 23, 2009 9:28 AM
Another Her2 positive survivor here. Now edging up to 3 out, and looking forward to many more years NED.
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 21 to 30 of 53

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message