Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Daily Diary of Joy
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 23 of 355, messages 221 to 230 of 3541
annette53160

• Total Posts : 591
  • Reward points : 8995
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, December 26, 2010 9:58 AM
I am happy.  I had a wonderful holiday and hope all of you did too!  Preparing for a blizzard on Long Island now.  Life is good indeed.  xxoo Annette
IDC October 2009
Lumpectomy x2 to get clear margins
Stage 2a Grade 3
1/11 nodes positive 
er+
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol
Radiation
Femara
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, December 26, 2010 5:49 PM
Hi Annette,

Batten down the hatches!  I hope the storm isn't too bad....  so glad you had a good holiday.  I did too.  On my way home tomorrow.  

My other joy is that I finally bought a smartphone (my gift to myself)... HTC Evo by Sprint.  Having fun playing with it now.  Hah!

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

annette53160

• Total Posts : 591
  • Reward points : 8995
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, December 27, 2010 9:36 AM
You are a brave woman Elaine!   I have wanted to try the i phone or similar for a while.  I just fear being technically challenged and not being able to use it.  Maybe for my birthday in the Spring.........let me know how you like it. xxoo Annette
IDC October 2009
Lumpectomy x2 to get clear margins
Stage 2a Grade 3
1/11 nodes positive 
er+
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol
Radiation
Femara
mary l

• Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points : 4355
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, December 27, 2010 12:21 PM
My son got one of those smart phones for Christmas.  He was showing me all the things he can do with it.  It was pretty neat but way beyond my electronic knowledge.  I have a regular old cell phone and it does the job for me.  Christmas was alot of fun except my husband was at home sick with Bronchitis.  ERnjoy the ramainder of the Hollidays.   Mary L
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010
ElaineQW

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:02 AM

Mary and Annette -- Stop thinking of yourselves as challenged.  Are you kidding?  Look what you've just accomplished!  

These phones are the miracle of our time -- DO IT!

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

mary l

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:21 AM
OK Elaine.  You can be my teacher!!!  I get confused easily, I still havn't been able to shrink my picture to put on this site.  My son and his family are coming to dinner tomorrow.  My 13 year old grandaughter is going to do it for me. Oh, and     my son got us a surround sound system for our TV.  We live in a town house.  Don't you think our neighbors will love it?  I guess I am getting old.  Mary L
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010
ElaineQW

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, December 28, 2010 11:46 AM
Mary - Regarding getting old, my mantra is "denial, denial, denial" otherwise known as the "3 D's".  A friend of mine came up with that a few years ago regarding his refusal to go to a doctor, ever!  So now we use if for anything that we think fits :)

Seriously -- we are all getting older, but that doesn't mean we have to get "old".... know what I mean?

Hug,
Elaine

Jennifer Mishe

• Total Posts : 2585
  • Reward points : 9465
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, January 04, 2011 10:24 PM
My daily diary of joy would be a day without spammers polluting our message boards!
Jennifer
DCIS
lumpectomy 5/02/05
32 rad tx comp 7/07/05
tamoxifen
comp. hysterectomy 4/04/06
Paducah, KY
ElaineQW

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:30 PM
A little bit of joy from a stranger (I see it as the universe talking to me).....

Walking down Second Street is my beloved Belmont Shore carrying 3 takeout lunches from Thai Gourmet.  I'm holding them with both hands, arms bent and out in front of me in order to be sure they don't tip over and possibly drip.  A woman suddenly walks up next to me and says:  "You look like you're carrying a wedding cake.  I'll bet you've cooked many cakes and pies judging from the way you're carrying that takeout."  (Totally not true by the way)  I laughed and said:  "Thank you, I'm happy to know I have good form."  She said:  That reminds me that when I was a little girl if anything went wrong  or there was a problem,  my mother would always say "Let's make a cake!"  

With that she walked away and I kept on walking home.

I'm going to make "Let's make a cake" my mantra for a while at least.  It struck me as such a positive thing to say in a negative moment.  

You may think me a bit crazy - but I believe it was a reminder from the universe that there is always a light if you look for it.  

SO, ladies -- Let's make a cake shall we?  :)

Hug,
Elaine

mary l

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:15 PM
Hi Elaine,  I just had to respond.  I am not a "cake baker" but I can make great cheesecake.  By the way, I talked my son into taking back the sound surround thing he was going to install in my livingroom.  He gave us gift certificates which I am very happy with but he just could not understand why I didn't like the original gift. On another subject, my grandaughter could not shrink my picture either!!!!!  Let me know when we can bake that cake, ok.     Mary L
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 23 of 355, messages 221 to 230 of 3541

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll