Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Daily Diary of Joy
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 24 of 355, messages 231 to 240 of 3541
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:25 PM
Mary,

There are various sites out there that will shrink the pic for you to post.
Its quite late here now not will post a link for you tomorrow as need to find it again. :)

Elaine, I'm hopeless at baking but if you have a simple receipe I'll give it a try:)...........maybe others would like to try too and we'll compare our hopeless efforts lol???

P.S  Mary, had a quick look before heading to bed and found this which may help http://www.resizemypicture.com/
<message edited by Tricia Keegan on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:28 PM>
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
mary l

• Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points : 4355
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:57 PM
Thanks Tricia, I'll try.    Mary L
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:11 PM
Tricia, Mary --  I've never been a cake or pie maker (just the 'from the box' cakes and/or premade pie crust with chocolate pudding :)  I have no recipes and of course, I didn't intend for it to be taken literally....  oops!  Now I will have to confess that I get little joy from cooking or baking, although I love feeding people -- dinner parties are my favorite!  Go figure!

So my "Let's bake a cake" is merely to remind myself that I want to much to believe that there's something one can do to feel good even in difficult times. 

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:47 AM
Love it Elaine!  I absolutely LOVE to cook, and get itchy if I go more than a day or two without hitting my 6 burner Wolf range.  However, I couldn't bake my way out of a box!  Probably because it involves all that measuring , and I'm too much of a rebel at the stove, lol....but I do love cake, my fav dessert. 
Did your Mom then bake a cake?  How lovely for you to remember your Mom in that moment, and the memory of that little phrase made you feel.  
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
Jean Southward

• Total Posts : 1782
  • Reward points : 3810
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, January 19, 2011 12:26 PM
I love that story Elaine.  Cute how it went from there to all of us thinking about food?  Remember that old spoof Sonny and Cher use to do (I think) where they had on fat suits and any mention of food or a word that had duel meaning to suggest food (like stake/steak, role/roll) etc they would rub their hands together and go MMMMMMMMMM!  Just silliness but both my husband and I will still do that.  Now I'm really off subject!!

Daily Diary of Joy:  Only a couple weeks now until my daughter will have her twins.  Estimated weight at this time: 5lbs 1 oz and 4lbs 6oz.
Jean S

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops...at all.

Emily Dickinson

IDC Stage IIB Grade 3 BC DX on 2-10-09
HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Double Mastectomy 2-23-09
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10
Arimidex for 5 years Started 8-09 
ElaineQW

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, January 19, 2011 1:31 PM
Oh Jean!  Twins!  How wonderful.  I may be repeating myself but I have twins boy/girl, they weighed in at 5.7 and 5.9.  I gained 67 lbs!  This was before sonograms, so I didn't know I was having twins until 3 days before they were born and I went term!!  To this day they are the most incredible thing that has ever happened to me.  I raised them as a single parent.  Now they are grown, but we are still very close.... the triumvirate feeling never faded.  

Enjoy them!!!  I'm damn jealous!!!

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Sharon

• Total Posts : 1625
  • Reward points : 4250
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, January 20, 2011 11:37 AM
Sharon, are you fuelling up with that 6 burner for the Skiing??!!

That is such lovely News Jean and I see one has more of an appetite? Not long now until Big Joy(s) and I wish your Daughter an easy time.

My Grandmother used to make wonderful Boiled Cakes, stuck everything in a Pan brought it to simmer and in the oven it went, so moist and just yummy.   The last Bake I did was Lammingtons for the Australian side of the family over here for Australia Day...uhh, that was 4 years ago lol.

Non Hodgkins Lymphoma Extra Nodal (Stomach + BM)
Stage IV C. Survivor x 5 years
T/ment: 8 cycles Rituxan CVP x 8 + Rads. x 30
Friends affected by Breast Cancer

ElaineQW

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:20 PM
Sharonma - it wasn't MY mom who said "Let's bake a cake", it was the mother of the woman who suddenly started talking to me as I was walking!!

Hug,
Elaine

sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, January 20, 2011 2:41 PM
OMG, I feel like "who's on first!!!!"  Sometimes I feel like I'm not playing with a full deck.

Jean,
Two little sweeties!  I hope their entry into the world goes smoothly, and I'm sure you'll be right there to greet them!

Sharon,
What the heck are boiled cakes?  How can you boil and bake? (Like polenta?).  Also can you tell us Yanks what a Lammington is?   I'm going right to epicurious
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
mary l

• Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points : 4355
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, January 20, 2011 4:12 PM
Hi Elaine, guess what?  I finally got my picture "shrunk" .  Actually the photographer who took it shrank it.  I am so happy.  It doesn't take much to make me happy.  Maybe a home baked cake from you.  I'll be waiting here in PA.  I will be happy for quite awhile now.  Isn't it great to be happy!!!!!!   Mary L
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 24 of 355, messages 231 to 240 of 3541

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll