Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Daily Diary of Joy
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 30 of 355, messages 291 to 300 of 3541
Pat Patterson

• Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, February 18, 2011 6:59 AM
Jean - thinking of you and wondering how the babies are getting along....this truly is a blessing and a reminder just how wonderful life can be!  I have company this weekend from PA and honestly, if I had ordered the weather, it could not be more perfect.     It will be sunny for the next 10 days to 2 weeks, almost 80 on the weekend!  We have a new pool heater, the porch is scrubbed as is the boat, and we are ready to fish and party!  I saw Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons last night and what a show - the "Boys of Summer" are back in town... ... all this and Heaven too!!  Have a great weekend everyone...love you all-

Pat   
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08
mary l

• Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points : 4355
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, February 18, 2011 10:18 AM
Oh Pat, it sounds great!!!  Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your  company.  We'll try not to be too jealous.  I am just so happy that our temp is 58 degrees and most of our snow is melted.  I am so ready to start watching our Phillies!!!       Enjoy your weekend.   Fondly  Mary L
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, February 18, 2011 11:46 AM
Pat - right back at ya!  Have a great time with you visitors and the gorgeous weather you're having.  We are having rain AGAIN for the next couple of days and then hopefully it will go back to "It Nevers Rains in So. Calif. :)

My joy is that I'm just getting over the most horrific cold ever -- five days in bed, violent cough, chills, sweats, semi-runny nose, blech....  Just had to wait it out -- NO, I didnt see the doc as I knew it would peak and then subside.  If I was still feeling badly I would have gone of course.

Have a great weekend sistahs!!

Hug,
Elaine

P.S.  SGK is putting on a fund-raiser at our neighborhood Ralphs supermarket on Sat, selling, hot dog, chips, and drink for $3.00.  These guys sure know what they're doing.. I mean that. 
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

mary l

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, February 18, 2011 12:17 PM
Hi Elaine, sorry to hear that you have been so sick.  I hope you will be feeling well asap as we are going to Pats house to enjoy the party.  It sounds way to fun to for us to miss.  Sending you a biig "Get well" hug.           MARY l
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010
Pat Patterson

• Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, February 19, 2011 7:43 AM
I am waiting for you, sistas!!!!  How does a pitcher of sangria poolside sound?  I have to ask this question, is anyone else a little "klutzy" now more than before?  IT seems as if I have balance issues at times, and last night I actually fell getting off the boat!  Now, I will say that, due to the full moon, the tide was so far out the boat was practiically on the bottom, but my flip flop caught the edge of the dock and down I went LIKE A TON OF BRICKS!!!!  That was my mom's favorite saying...anyway, my right thigh took the brunt of it, the dock wnet right across the middle of it so I hobbled into the house and sat with ice for over an hour.  My left knee has road rash, I look like a little kid that fell off his bike.  I slept all right, thanks to  a zaanax, am am a little stiff and sore this morning but other than limping around,  I guess I was lucky.  Mu husband said he thought I was going into the water!!!  And the best part was I was holding SCISSORS!!!!  Thank God they were pointed away from me...LOL!!!!  I belive there is a cabernet out there called RUNNING WITH SCISSORS...sound about right for me? 
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08
ElaineQW

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, February 19, 2011 9:03 AM
I don't think klutzy has anything to do with it.  I wear flip=flops as well, but I think they are very dangerous. I even caught the toe between my gas and brake pedals and almost had an accident (I never wear flip flops when I drive now).  But all too often I'll catch the toe on a rug or something and come close to falling.  I think it's the flip-flop, not you lady!

Get the Sangra ready - we're on our way!!

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

mary l

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, February 19, 2011 9:36 AM
Hi Pat & Elaine,  doesn't the Sangria sound great?  Pat just make sure you are sitting before you have a glass.  I fall down my steps when I am wearing socks, I reach down to pick something up and bang my head on whatever is there.  Yes, I too am a klutz.  Have a great weekend.  Elaine, I hope you are feeling better.  Hugs,   Mary L
ElaineQW

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, February 19, 2011 12:00 PM
Thanks Mary.  Feeling much better, even made it back to the gym this morning.  Have a lovely weekend my dear.

Hug,
Elaine

sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, February 20, 2011 8:58 AM
Elaine,
Glad you are feeling better.  I had the flu two weeks ago and still dont have my energy back:
Pat,
How m/any drinks were involved in this i ncide nt??????.  Hope your boo boos get better soon. L,ucky you didn t break something.

Had a great weekend in the windy city. 
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
mary l

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:07 AM
Good Morning Sharon, Pat and Elaine, hope you are all feeling well.  Our cold, windy weather has returned!!! It was so nice to have Spring weather for a few days.  It melted most of our snow.  Sharon were you in Chicago?  I think that is the windy city.  Today my husband will be watching nascar, which I don't enjoy, so I think I will go to the Mall.  I still have a few gift cards from Christmas.  Soon our Phillies will be playing and we really love to watch them.  I hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday & Presidents Day.  Stay well.   Hugs,  Mary L
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 30 of 355, messages 291 to 300 of 3541

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll