Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Daily Diary of Joy
Change Page: << < ..331332333334335336337338339340.. > | Showing page 335 of 355, messages 3341 to 3350 of 3541
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, April 04, 2014 3:47 PM
Found them Tricia - they were further down just like you said.  It's beautiful in your Ireland.

Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, April 04, 2014 4:49 PM
Thanks Elaine:) We made the most of the few days while Rena was here.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Pat Patterson

• Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, April 05, 2014 12:36 PM
Bon Voyage, Elaine!!!!!
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, April 05, 2014 6:58 PM
Thanks Pat 

Hug
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, April 05, 2014 7:06 PM
Hi everyone! My days with Tricia and Bren were wonderful--the company, all the places they showed me (Bren put a lot of miles on the car!), their home and their sweet kitties! I enjoyed it all and am so glad that I was able to go.

Elaine, have a wonderful trip. This is probably one of the nicest times of year to visit Italy--it won't be too hot. I know you'll have an amazing time!

I hope everyone else is doing well. I've been resting the past two days but have to force myself to get back to work tomorrow. It's good to be home with David and the beasts. 

Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Army Mom

• Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, April 14, 2014 6:29 PM

Hi ladies !!  

Hope this finds everyone doing well. Rena and Tricia..thank you for sharing your visit via pics !!! Looks like everyone had a fabulous time.  Elaine, I hope you have a great trip as well !!

Doing ok here I guess. Boob wise..everything is good. I had a meltdown at my Rheumy doc this afternoon.. my emotions were all over. I am so tired of huring and being in pain.. I am stressed because I have not found another job and my severence is about to end. I am considering applying for SS disability. I really hate to do it.. I really love working BUT... no leads yet even though I have put out many many many resumes. I worry about a new job and having to ask for time off for doctor visits...also worry about being able to even do the job. Sometimes my brain still doesn't comprehend things.. some days it is just an insult to even get out of bed when I am hurting from the arthritis which is progressing and then my upset stomachs I get from the liver issues. I am so sorry to unload.. rare that I have a pitty party at the doctor's office.. I think I scared them LOL. Then the PA tells me if I continue feeling depressed I should see my reg doc and get something to help.. UGHHH really? Why is a pill always the answer? I am a strong person.. why is it so bad that I get upset because I hurt and I worry? A pill isn't going to make that go away.. Please know I am in no way knocking anyone who needs meds to help them.. I really get that.. however I have never needed it.. when I was first DX with cancer..that is the first thing my doctor offered to me..  Why is it so bad to worry? To be scared? I am not laying in bed in the fetal position 24-7... I am usually in a pretty good mood and a happy gal. Anyway..I am going to call social security and start the process... the Rheumy said she would support me.. I am also going to call my liver doctor and onco to let them know. Please pray this will go through for me.

On a bright note, my boys are doing well. Ryan is currently in Afghanistan.. this is his 3rd deployment.. hopefully his last. I just sent him another package with some U of FL sheets and a big bag of gummy bears (his fav), a sock monkey with bunny ears and an Easter card. 

Dogs are well.. just bred Athena for the last time.. we did a surgical implant !!  Hopefully will get some awesome corgi babies. 

Ok.. thank you all for listening.. I love you all.

Grace
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

Peki

• Total Posts : 393
  • Reward points : 12230
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, April 14, 2014 7:02 PM
Well, I just went for the last 6 month mammogram before I hit the 5 year anniversary of getting the news I had BC! AND everything is still B9 after 5 years. I still have the onc visit at the end of the month, but then I hope I am done with disease once and for all! So thankful I found this site, it really is a blessing when you need info, a shoulder to cry on or just bitch! Thanks ladies!--Peggy
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, April 14, 2014 7:44 PM
Peki, congratulations! That's such great news! 

Grace, I'm sorry you're hurting so much. If you can go on disability and it works for you financially, then I hope you won't beat yourself up over it. Your body has been through so much. I wonder if you could find some kind of part-time work that you could do from home. I know that I'd have a hard time going out to work every day, but being able to work from home makes it so much better. But the priority is your health, and I hope that your doctor can find a way to ease your constant pain. On the brighter side, it's so good to hear that your boys are doing well. I'm sure you'll be very happy when they're both back home again. Sending a hug. Pals
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, April 15, 2014 1:05 PM
Peki, thats awesome news and I'm really thrilled for you!!!

Grace, I agree with Rena and we have a similar system here called Invalidity Pension which I decided to apply for after my own dx and felt I just couldn't take the stress and rush of my old full time job and decided to out my health first and don't feel bad at all, its the best thing I could ever have done for myself. We may not get as many holidays or meals out as we used to, but thats okay and find just having time is worth so much, hoping this all works out for you.  I've (thankfully) never had to resort to taking meds myself but feel sympathy with those that do of course, but if you feel able to cope then there's nothing wrong with feeling upset because you're stressed and concerned, I'd say it makes perfect sense and sometimes a good cry is all we need.Pals
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Pat Patterson

• Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:40 AM
Peggy - congratulations and good luck at your oncologist apt! I had mine yesterday and all is good...labs came back perfect :-) Now looking forward to mammogram in June and then free til October! We live our lives from apt to apt it seems but I am thankful as always.... Grace- what a nightmare for you. The SS Disability process is tedious but it seems worthwhile for you to pursue it. My thoughts and prayers are with you, My niece has RA and so I have an idea of what you are going through. Mt daughter's Lucy had another litter of Rhodesian Ridgebacks...I just love puppies but managed to keep my head and not take one. My grandson, Miles, was offered a counselor position with the Duke University TIP program this summer at Wake Forest...we are so proud of him, plus he gets paid! Love you all and wishing you a Happy Easter, Passover, or whatever it is you are celebrating this week.
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08
Change Page: << < ..331332333334335336337338339340.. > | Showing page 335 of 355, messages 3341 to 3350 of 3541

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll