Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Daily Diary of Joy
Change Page: << < ..331332333334335336337338339340.. > | Showing page 336 of 355, messages 3351 to 3360 of 3541
Army Mom

• Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, April 20, 2014 8:37 PM
Happy Easter to my fav gals !!

Well, I did it.. I made my disability application. Now to collect all my medical records etc. I go for my Onco appt tomorrow.. fingers crossed for me !!!

Been dealing with a sick dog all week. Poor Athena went off her food.. she is a chow hound.. not unusual about this time of pregnancy for her..but it was more than that so she went to the vet on Tuesday.. antibiotics, I had to give her sub q fluids under the skin all day.. good thing I remembered how to do it !! I have a great vet that shows and teaches me these things so I didn't have to leave her there. She has cystitis, UTI... praying she keeps the babies.. BUT... at this point I really don't care .. if we have to spay her for whatever reason.. or if she just doesn't carry..I am going to spay her anyway and not try again. She is far more important than puppies. And I just want her to feel better and back to normal.

Hubby and I didn't do much today. Hit a couple of flea markets, went to see Heaven is Real and watched some TV tonight. 

Anyway, off to bed. Have a great week all of you. 

Love,
Grace
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

Army Mom

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:13 AM
Morning !!! 

Just an update.. Onco appt yesterday. Everything is good..My doctor still wants me there every 4 months though.. I figured almost 5 yrs out he would push it out further. He said he felt it important for the more frequent visits due to the type of cancer I had and also my other health issues.  Also, I am so sad. Dr. Mahajan is going to retire so this was my last visit with him. The man is so wonderful, he is a very calm being that has empathy and is so caring to his patients. Very smart man, he gets calls from all over the world, Mayo and other cancer clinics. 
I remember my first visit to him. My friend was with me. He was coming in and out.. I was having to soak in the shock of needing chemo. He said I also qualified for a study and the study nurse came in to talk to me. She went over the info then said.. go ahead and sign it.. if you change your mind we will just tear it up. As she was going out the door she met Dr. Mahajan and told him what she was having me do. He said.. No.. she doesn't sign anything until she reads and makes a decision. That gave me so0 much trust in him. When I went for my first treatment.. he asked about the study, I told him I elected to not do it.. no questions.. he said I agree with you and we went forward. I have had friends that were "shamed" into doing these types of things by thier doctors. 
So.. do my dear Dr. Mahajan... CHEERS and thank you. He does have me set up with his collegue for my next visit. 

Athena is still running a bit of fever, but she is eating a little more and seems a bit more peppy. 

I hope everyone has a great day and ttyl.

Love ya,
Grace

Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
oophorectomy 05/2012

To start chemo soon

and of course I am now.

Army Mom

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:14 AM
Morning !!! 

Just an update.. Onco appt yesterday. Everything is good..My doctor still wants me there every 4 months though.. I figured almost 5 yrs out he would push it out further. He said he felt it important for the more frequent visits due to the type of cancer I had and also my other health issues.  Also, I am so sad. Dr. Mahajan is going to retire so this was my last visit with him. The man is so wonderful, he is a very calm being that has empathy and is so caring to his patients. Very smart man, he gets calls from all over the world, Mayo and other cancer clinics. 
I remember my first visit to him. My friend was with me. He was coming in and out.. I was having to soak in the shock of needing chemo. He said I also qualified for a study and the study nurse came in to talk to me. She went over the info then said.. go ahead and sign it.. if you change your mind we will just tear it up. As she was going out the door she met Dr. Mahajan and told him what she was having me do. He said.. No.. she doesn't sign anything until she reads and makes a decision. That gave me so0 much trust in him. When I went for my first treatment.. he asked about the study, I told him I elected to not do it.. no questions.. he said I agree with you and we went forward. I have had friends that were "shamed" into doing these types of things by thier doctors. 
So.. do my dear Dr. Mahajan... CHEERS and thank you. He does have me set up with his collegue for my next visit. 

Athena is still running a bit of fever, but she is eating a little more and seems a bit more peppy. 

I hope everyone has a great day and ttyl.

Love ya,
Grace

Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
oophorectomy 05/2012

To start chemo soon

and of course I am now.

Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:36 PM
Hi Grace, 

It was so good you posted it twice lol!!!:)

I'm so sorry Athena is unwell and really hope she improves daily, well done to you for giving her fluids, I remember being shown how to by my vet but neither hubby or myself could bring ourselves to do it.

I'm glad you put in for the disability and hope the powers that be don't leave you waiting too long, sorry too that you're losing a Dr you trust, hopefully your appts will be getting less and less as time goes on anyway but its always tough to get used to a new Onc and I remember when my own was leaving too.

Keep us posted on how Athena is doing and I hope she'll be fine before long.Pals
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Army Mom

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, May 01, 2014 1:13 PM
Ok... Athena update... she is doing so much better.  I took her in on Monday for another ultra sound to see if we had any viable babies and to see if there was anything else. We saw 2 dark spots and no babies. So, the decision was made to do surgery Tuesday morning to spay and get her uterus and tubes out and see what was in there. 
She came through surgery well and both vets were there for her surgery just incase since they were not 100% what they were dealing with. Lynn (vet) called me right after and said she was doing well. One side of her tubes was def pyometra which is an infection dogs and cats can get. There is open pyo where there is a pus discharge... or closed pyo which is what Athena had and is most dangerous because the poision pus has noplace to go. The other side of her tubes had a hard dark area and when they cut it open it was like a giant blood clot. Was prob a puppy that died or was reaborbing. So, she is not spayed, no more babies which is sad only because she is a great producer... BUT.. she is most important. She gave me 2 beautiful litters of which all are doing great. 
I picked her up that afternoon and she has been resting and started eating some. I just took her cath line out of her as it was starting to bother her. (thank God I have vets that have taught me how to do all this stuff LOL  )  

She still has some recovery but I am sure she will be back to her silly self soon. Thanks to all of you for kind thoughts as always. Love you all.

Grace
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
oophorectomy 05/2012

To start chemo soon

and of course I am now.

Tricia Keegan

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, May 01, 2014 6:03 PM
Thank you for the updates Grace and I'm so pleased Athena is over her surgery and recovering as I know you are too:)

How is your job going ???
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, May 02, 2014 1:59 PM
Grace - So glad Athena is doing well.  Good to see you back on the boards :)

Me - I'm spending the weekend in the Happiest Place on Earth (and the most expensive :(  with my kids and grandkids.  Ain't nothin' better!
My kids birthday on Sunday -- lots of reasons for celebration.

Here's to a happy weekend for everyone.
Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, May 02, 2014 2:43 PM
Hi everyone.

Grace, I'm glad Athena is recovering well. It's so hard to see our fur babies feeling ill.

Elaine, I know you're having a ball! Happy birthday to the twins!

Nothing much new here. We're coming off a heat wave (no, really--90 degrees!). It's nice to have it back in the 70s again. I'm just working a lot. Next Wednesday, I'll go to San Francisco to help Karen do a Mother's Day art project with her students. Should be fun--the kids are 4 and 5 years old and adorable. I also hope to meet up with my friend Paul. We met in grad school in the late 70s and have been friends ever since.

I hope everyone is well and has a great weekend!
xo
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Army Mom

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, May 07, 2014 2:29 PM
Well it has been a week and a day since Athena's surgery. She is doing well and is starting to get back to her old self. First sign of it is she is begging for strawberries again !! She is still on antibiotics, she goes back to doctor next week for stitches. Thank you all for your sweet words and kindness.

Tricia...I am unfortunatly not working again. I really enjoyed the new job but it really was not a good fit and so it wa a mutual decision. So, I am looking for employment... I have also filed for disability. Nothing is coming through on the job front and it is pretty discouraging.

Elaine, glad you are enjoying your family !!

Rena, we are hitting the 90s here in FL... UGH I want my winter back !!  LOL

Anyway, you gals take it easy. Love you all.

Grace
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
oophorectomy 05/2012

To start chemo soon

and of course I am now.

Tricia Keegan

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, May 07, 2014 4:19 PM
Glad to read Athena is doing well Grace but sorry there's no move on the job or disability and hope something comes up soon for you.

Elaine, my Louise just celebrated her B'day last weekend too and we all had a lovely dinner together, hope you enjoy your family time:)

Rena, your weather sounds lovely but maybe a tad too warm for me, hoping your stint with Karen at the school went well and all the kids enjoyed it as I'm sure you did:)
<message edited by Tricia Keegan on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 4:21 PM>
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: << < ..331332333334335336337338339340.. > | Showing page 336 of 355, messages 3351 to 3360 of 3541

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll